Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald is not food

Brian Topp

Demonstrating how they take something that isn't fit for human consumption (under the law) adding a chemical that is dangerous and then serving it as a meal isn't proving McDonalds is not food? What proof do you need?

You're right, McDonald's isn't, and never will be, a food. Neither is 'McDonald', I'd assume, except to a mountain lion.

McDonald's store hamburgers, however, low quality meat as they may or may not be, cleaned with a chemical that may or may not be any more or less harmful than half of the things you eat in processed foods daily (with any traces of said chemical likely being removed in the process that happens from production to your face anyway), are also food.

AAAHHHH, it's not food!!!!!

Dramatic, huh.

Low quality food = food.

The title made it seem like they would let out a secret that McDonald's was harboring mutants to poop enzymes from their mouths that were planted in the ground to spawn aliens who transformed into hamburger patties. These are the kind of stories people spread about McDonald's anyway, so I am waiting for the facts to prove that McDonald's burgers are made from koalas or something similar.

Instead, I learned something I already guessed, but didn't care to worry about. They mass produce low quality food. Shocking. But not in any way a danger to me, or the guy who eats 8 of those hamburgers a day. Health risks are his concern but not from any chemical or low quality meat. Be real.

I would never eat sea mammals! I have high respect for them and would never eat them at all. But what I'm really trying to do is not eat meat of any kind whether it's from the land or sea.

I think some of us are headed in that direction. A good, fresh veggie salad... yum.

While my wife was alive we didn't eat meat, or even fish, but milk and eggs and shellfish were okay. After she passed I've relaxed a little over the years, especially when traveling (it's bad to be fussy when a guest). The coming of good hamburgers to Vietnam, as well as Pizza, was welcome and I wanted to encourage it by going there. Now we have about everything from all around, like any major city anywhere. I guess I'm just not as good a Buddhist as I sometimes think.

• Like 2

You're right, McDonald's isn't, and never will be, a food. Neither is 'McDonald', I'd assume, except to a mountain lion.

McDonald's store hamburgers, however, low quality meat as they may or may not be, cleaned with a chemical that may or may not be any more or less harmful than half of the things you eat in processed foods daily (with any traces of said chemical likely being removed in the process that happens from production to your face anyway), are also food.

AAAHHHH, it's not food!!!!!

Dramatic, huh.

Low quality food = food.

The title made it seem like they would let out a secret that McDonald's was harboring mutants to poop enzymes from their mouths that were planted in the ground to spawn aliens who transformed into hamburger patties. These are the kind of stories people spread about McDonald's anyway, so I am waiting for the facts to prove that McDonald's burgers are made from koalas or something similar.

Instead, I learned something I already guessed, but didn't care to worry about. They mass produce low quality food. Shocking. But not in any way a danger to me, or the guy who eats 8 of those hamburgers a day. Health risks are his concern but not from any chemical or low quality meat. Be real.

While I feel you are correct in many of your assertions, I think "low quality" food is something which should be avoided. Too much "weirdness" going-on with "fast-food and processed food manufacture's", well, in my opinion.

Lower quality, enhanced artificial taste= higher profits, regardless of actual impact to humans in the long run.

I would bet you my bottom dollar that the marketing exec's have not their product at home at all, but rather a fine cooked home meal or enjoys a good-standing restaurant with actual quality food.

I would bet you my bottom dollar that the marketing exec's have not their product at home at all, but rather a fine cooked home meal or enjoys a good-standing restaurant with actual quality food.

They're probably having roasted Condor cooked by their personal chef, while their millions of hard working chain jockeys are earning minimum wage, taking the bus to work. I work for at the bottom end of a fortune 500 company, so this aspect of mass market chain stores hits harder home.

I rarely eat fast food. Maybe 3-4 times a year(and even then I'll only get curly fries or something non-meaty), I find it much cheaper and better tasting to just make pizza/fries/chicken tenders/nuggets/burgers and such from home.

• Like 1

In my little section of southern California has about 6 different burger chains and about 1 McDonalds. All of them taste awesome.

• Like 2

My family and kids prefer my home cooked German/Australian meals than take out. I try to eat less take out but like most people who work retail, I tend to eat more junk food during the holidays.

My family and kids prefer my home cooked German/Australian meals than take out. I try to eat less take out but like most people who work retail, I tend to eat more junk food during the holidays.

You are really blessed to have such options! A single man's fare tends to be a bit less homey :) But I eat at fast food places seldom - maybe 3 times a month and when I do it's a treat.

5 guys is the best burgers around here....

Though...I still...on occasion...get a "mac attack" and crave a mickie dees big mac...I love those terrible things...and I don't know why...question.gif

• Like 1

My Dad used to work at a factory that makes pet food, One day a meat order turned up and the meat was so rank that they refused to take it, Apparantely the local mcdonalds happily accepted it. So, you're better off eating pet food sometimes.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 2

5 guys is the best burgers around here....

Though...I still...on occasion...get a "mac attack" and crave a mickie dees big mac...I love those terrible things...and I don't know why...question.gif

5 Guys burgers are okay.

If only they didn't fully wrap it when you order to go.

Soggy burger buns are the bane of my existence.

• Like 1

My Dad used to work at a factory that makes pet food, One day a meat order turned up and the meat was so rank that they refused to take it, Apparantely the local mcdonalds happily accepted it. So, you're better off eating pet food sometimes.

honestly some of the wet food is really good.

honestly some of the wet food is really good.

eewww....I could have went all day without thinking about something like that...

vomit_zps6de83060.gif

I used to eat fast food here and there, but the drive thru got my order wrong 80% of the time no matter where I ate. Once I went through a Wendy's

drive-thru, got my order, and proceeded down the interstate, only to open my burger with everything on it, except the bun. I'm like "You gotta be "@#!#ing me!!"

• Like 1

Ive been funny about eating any sort of processed foods, from fast food outlets or frozen, since reading an article on Snopes.com (I don't care if it was legit or not, It made me feel ill) about the way chickens were prepared. These days i prefer to know the food I am buying is not going to make me glow in the dark or grow a tail, so I buy fresh from the butcher, Who can tell me exactly where it came from. I may be wasting my time and money but it helps me sleep better at night. I think its mad that its cheaper to pump a chicken full of water and god knows what else and fly it half way around the world than it is to buy one thats not been fiddled with at all from 2 miles down the road from where I live.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

I used to eat fast food here and there, but the drive thru got my order wrong 80% of the time no matter where I ate. Once I went through a Wendy's

drive-thru, got my order, and proceeded down the interstate, only to open my burger with everything on it, except the bun. I'm like "You gotta be "@#!#ing me!!"

You have my luck, Realm, where I work at, there's nothing but fast food all around and I rarely come out with the orders even remotely right. Sometimes, I get more, sometimes less...

Honestly, y'all are creeping me out with the rare meat just like some of my friends here. I call them ghouls but it makes me think of the zombie attack when they're digging in and the grease/juices are running on their hands, it about makes me sick. It's not that I like mine the same as a piece of charcoal but just well done. Ever since I saw the effects of Trichinosis, I thoroughly cook everything when I cook it.

I take my odds and enjoy the juices.

hell, if i could know the animal's name before it was killed, I'd want to know that too.

• Like 1

Different mindsets I guess.

It came up before in another tread, but I like the idea that something died for me to have something I enjoy

I won't deny that, There's only so many vegetables one can eat. I just prefer to know (or at least be brainwashed into thinking) that they had a relatively happy and healthy life before ending up on my plate.

Once I went through a Wendy's

drive-thru, got my order, and proceeded down the interstate, only to open my burger with everything on it, except the bun.

I've gotten the opposite of that a long time ago, from McDonald's (a hamburger with no meat inside).

• Like 2

They would be even harder to eat if we knew their names. I couldn't eat a chicken if I knew his/her name.

Hell, I'd happily eat dinosaur, if I knew his name was Barney.

I've gotten the opposite of that a long time ago, from McDonald's (a hamburger with no meat inside).

LOL, put them together and we share half, i reckon.