Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy gets suspended from School

MysteryMike

"Last month, two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus."

Welcome to the police state, folks.

• Like 1

The school cannot have the right to impose it's will or policies on a student at home on private property unless the student coincidentally was breaking some other statute. That should be overturned in a court but IF the family has no $ for such action then the state can just shithe all over them. The anger is building... and one day the dam's gonna break.

When I was that age, pretty much all I did was play war with my friends. We had battles with over a dozen people on each side with pretend guns in the schoolyard. There were even times when some kids were taken hostage by the other side (all in good fun, of course). None of the teachers or supervisors seemed to have a problem with this.

Then in high school I knew a guy who got suspended when he was overheard joking to a friend that he had an airsoft gun in his locker. He didn't even have one and they suspended him.

Funny how fast things can change.

• Like 1

^

Agreed.

When I was a chap, we beat the tar out of each other. Pellet rifles, sticks...war games, you name it. And not one of us grew up as killers or have been to prison. Let alone, joined the military.

Well...Dave went to prison. But Dave was always gave off a "I'll stab you and steal your Battle Toads cartridge" vibe anyways.

I regress, the times they are a-changing. Americans are becoming more and more influence by fear tactics. That's what they want.

Edited by Shrine Builder
  • Like 1

"School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns."

:rolleyes:

i suppose this means that he'll now be flagged as a Potential Terrorist, and will be monitored by the NSAStasi for the rest of the life.

I wonder how many people who escaped from East Germany over the years came to the U.S. I bet they'd be feeling nostalgic for the good old days now.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 1

From the orher story: "A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his yard and called 911, telling the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard," the station reported. "

That is just the way that traditional old-school Police states worked; that's just the way (Yes, I'm going to draw a parallel) the Gestapo worked, relying on Loyal Citizens to denounce anyone they thought was doing anything that the State didn't approve of.

• Like 1