Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Lion whisperer gets good morning hug

Still Waters

The video shows self-styled "lion whisperer" Kevin Richardson standing in a grassy savannah in South Africa calling out for lions to come and greet him.

A female lion emerges, running, through the grass and leaps at Richardson. But instead of attacking the whisperer, the lion appears to hug him.

Richardson pushes the animal away as a large male lion approaches and greets him with affection.

http://www.telegraph...orning-hug.html

• Like 3

They behaved just like oversized domestic cats, rolling on their backs in contentment and basically saying by exposing their vulnerable underside that they fully trust him and give themselves over to him and his affection.

Utterly adorable.

One thing though, I hope they don't go thru a period of starvation or are spooked by other more abusive humans at some point - that will change everything.

• 3 months later...

I bet most people would like to be able to do this. I know I would.

The flip-side is that it could all end in blood and guts if he catches them on a bad day.

But this day all was good, as you can see. :cat::wub:

That big, long hug from that male lion looked pretty sincere.

But I think I just stick with hugs from our domestic cat for now. :)

• Like 3

That is so cool! I would be willing to try . A dog training suit would be a must though. When we were kids my dad took us to Al Ohmings game farm. I had the awesome experience of giving a full grown grizzly a thorough scratching. I could tell that he was extremely itchy so I climbed under the guard rail , shoved my arms through the fence and gave him what he wanted till my dad caught me. It was worth the kick in the butt to be able to say I made friends with a grizzly bear. :tu:

• Like 1

That is so cool! I would be willing to try . A dog training suit would be a must though. When we were kids my dad took us to Al Ohmings game farm. I had the awesome experience of giving a full grown grizzly a thorough scratching. I could tell that he was extremely itchy so I climbed under the guard rail , shoved my arms through the fence and gave him what he wanted till my dad caught me. It was worth the kick in the butt to be able to say I made friends with a grizzly bear. :tu:

Did he do like this when you left?? >>>

:D

:st

• Like 2

Did he do like this when you left?? >>>

:D

[media=]

[/media]

Naw, he was in bear heaven laying on his back with his paws splayed out. To bad the llamas weren't as friendly. :(

Hank

i have a rule to never hug anything that could fit my head in its mouth. it is not a rule i have used very often. i admit this.

• Like 1

Hmm... Outcomes are:

1- Hug a giant cat.

Or

2)- Die the best way possible via biological killing machine that has evolved over millions of years for the purpose of killing and consuming lesser beings such as yourself. AKA: The most metal death ever.

Its no choice really.

• Like 1

I would give almost anything to have a relationship like the man in the video with the lions (he raised them) or a relationship with a grizzly like Brutus or any number of other dangerous or large creatures. Or encountering a whale while diving.

It would be fricking awesome, imo.

The key though is "relationship"... not wandering onto the Savannah and calling "Here, Kitty Kitty!"

Edited by QuiteContrary

That looks pretty cuddly indeed but it just requires some microscopic biological switches in the brains of the lions to

switch from off to on by some reflex and the guy is just a pile of dung some days later. So I would not hug a lion that size. Years ago I had the chance to hug a baby lion and the mesage of that sweet little sucker was given very clear by his eyes to me: I will grow up just to eat you, fella.

:wacko:

Edited by toast