Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illegal immigrants to get driver's licenses..

Myles

California is not the first or only state to allow this.

Am I the only one who finds this odd?

Shouldn't the person issuing the license be required to report the illigal to the authorities?

• Like 4

Does this not mean their insurance is null and void ?

• Like 1

What is the rationale behind it?

I have a suspicion...

• Like 1

Does this not mean their insurance is null and void ?

That's a good question. I also have to question who's car they are driving. Can an illegal own a car? That would seem stupid as well.

I can somewhat understand not actively pursuing illegals to throw them out of the country, but allowing them to have a drivers license seems to be going too far. That's just saying "we know you are illegal and we are fine with that".

• Like 2

I think California just likes to be in the news.

Or it's the super-fun, exotic Democratland.

What is the rationale behind it?

Well, considering it's California, there is zero 'rationality' behind anything they do.

But it could have to do with getting illegal immigrants - I mean 'unregistered citizens' - voting Democrat.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 5

The article I read didn't seem to answer any questions.

What address would be on their license? Would an illegal immigrant give out their real address freely?

Can an illegal immigrant even get auto insurance?

Would citizens be held to a different standard?

And I hope there won't be even more uninsured drivers with this law who can hit and run and never be found.

• Like 2

I'm happy to report I officially moved out of California last month, so articles like these only upset me a little instead of a lot now. I should probably update my profile location...

• Like 2

I'm happy to report I officially moved out of California last month, so articles like these only upset me a little instead of a lot now. I should probably update my profile location...

Are things better where you are now?

I say if they get the license, make them pay taxes, too.

• Like 1

The article I read didn't seem to answer any questions.

What address would be on their license? Would an illegal immigrant give out their real address freely?

Can an illegal immigrant even get auto insurance?

Would citizens be held to a different standard?

And I hope there won't be even more uninsured drivers with this law who can hit and run and never be found.

In California, the Democratic HQ, they are protected and shielded from those racist, old, mean Conservatives.

If they give out their address in California, despite being criminals, they aren't punished - they're rewarded.

And probably encouraged to tell their friends and family over the border to come over and enjoy the benefits paid by tax-paying American citizens.

Never mind the fact they are criminals and need to be deported for breaking our laws

• Like 2

In California, the Democratic HQ, they are protected and shielded from those racist, old, mean Conservatives.

If they give out their address in California, despite being criminals, they aren't punished - they're rewarded.

And probably encouraged to tell their friends and family over the border to come over and enjoy the benefits paid by tax-paying American citizens.

Never mind the fact they are criminals and need to be deported for breaking our laws

California also spends the most in TANF aid as well...

Link: http://www.chicagomag.com/whet/illinois-welfare-percentage.jpg

That's very interesting....

This is bad.they should not reward these people with drivers licenses.iam pretty sure here in ny they give them licensees.

They are the most pulled over for dwi here

This is bad.they should not reward these people with drivers licenses.iam pretty sure here in ny they give them licensees.

They are the most pulled over for dwi here

Welcome to Amerika.

Earlier I posted that I did not understand the rational behind it.

That's a serious question. What were the lawmakers thinking when then passed it? Even if it's misguided logic, what is it?

I can't think of anything that makes sense with it.

Edited by supervike

Earlier I posted that I did not understand the rational behind it.

That's a serious question. What were the lawmakers thinking when then passed it?

Simple: The dirty little secret is that most of California's production is dependent on illegals. To make them more available they want them to drive legally.

Take away the illegals of the Californian economical equation and the whole thing collapses.

• Like 1

Bad because you want unlicensed drivers on the road?

Simple: The dirty little secret is that most of California's production is dependent on illegals.

it's not a secret, which is why they passed the law.

I can't think of anything that makes sense with it.

you WANT unlicensed drivers on the road?! :no:

That does not make sense. You can state the same with 15 year olds. Just because some are driving doesn't make the solution of giving them a license any more valid.

• Like 1

No, not at all. Why would I want that? That sounds dangerous.

Unlicensed drivers should be held accountable. If that means, fines, higher insurance rates, jail, or whatever the suitable punishment would be.