Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maher Mocks World War Two Veterans

Kowalski

Link: http://www.breitbart...Maher-WWII-vets

"The other thing that apparently was so important for the Republicans to keep open was the World War II Memorial in Washington. That was closed, so a bunch of the World War II vets knocked down the barriers and stormed it,” Maher said, to the laughter of his audience.

“And then I loved this, they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann who showed up. Michele Bachmann, one of the people most responsible for shutting the ******* thing down. They're the greatest generation - nobody said they were the brightest generation."

Of course, that was a lie – the House Republicans voted to restore funding for the National Park Service, but the Democratic Senate prevented a vote on that measure in order to heighten suffering surrounding the shutdown. In fact, the Obama administration reportedly rejected the World War II veterans’ request to visit the memorial before the vets moved aside the barricades. The administration then reinforced the barricades after the incident.

For Maher to slander World War II veterans as stupid for not kowtowing to despicable shutdown tactics is reprehensible. Before the war, they endured tremendous poverty during the Great Depression. After returning from World War II, veterans worked to establish the nation’s greatest companies in the private sector and infrastructure projects in the public sector; they were the driving force behind the growth of the planet’s best system of higher education.

World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Real classy, Maher. Real classy.... :td:

Edited by Burt Gummer

I like one of the comments below Tony Lee's article by bxarmybrat who says: "...Obama and Maher deserve each other, two small people who talk for a living and have never done a thing for the betterment of their fellow man."

• Like 7

I like one of the comments below Tony Lee's article by bxarmybrat who says: "...Obama and Maher deserve each other, two small people who talk for a living and have never done a thing for the betterment of their fellow man."

I like that! :tsu:

• Like 1

Good job Maher keep feeding garbage to the uninformed

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Well, I won't argue that Maher is just a blowhard toolbag, but the Republicans are the ones that shut it down, so his point rings true. If Bachman wasn't there for anymore than a photo op, maybe she could explain why she wanted to close the park.

If the Dems are trying to keep it shut to 'heighten' the suffering, the Repubs are guilty of using it for a press op.

For the Republicans to have the balls to say 'shut it down', how dare they then say they are worrying about what suffering it may cause?

Remember to keep your displeasure squarely in BOTH camps.

• Like 3

Well, I won't argue that Maher is just a blowhard toolbag, but the Republicans are the ones that shut it down, so his point rings true. If Bachman wasn't there for anymore than a photo op, maybe she could explain why she wanted to close the park.

If the Dems are trying to keep it shut to 'heighten' the suffering, the Repubs are guilty of using it for a press op.

For the Republicans to have the balls to say 'shut it down', how dare they then say they are worrying about what suffering it may cause?

Remember to keep your displeasure squarely in BOTH camps.

I agree that the republicans were just their for photo op and political points.

But it is true that the parks and memorials are being shut down to cause problems.

Remember back during sequestration when Obama stopped white house tours because we "cut" to much.

Well keep in mind that he is the same guy in the white house now.

We have to pay people to guard(more people then we had guarding when it was open) these sites and barricade them so wouldn't it make more sense to pay these people to keep it open? Yes it would but they want them shut as a political move.

• Like 2

Both sides are guilty of it.

And when it's all over, they'll slap each other on the back and grin.

This is why more people don't care about these things. It's all a big game to those folks.

It all leaves a horrible taste in our mouth. I'm not sure if it's just the nature of the beast, or that we, the American public have created it to be so.

• Like 1

The comment from Maher was crass.

Bachmann being there was crass.

The war vets OTOH were rightly and still pretty brave, good on them.

• Like 2

I don't know if I'd consider it mocking the veterans as much as he's mocking them allowing themselves to be used to generate publicity for the republicans in the shutdown.

• Like 1

They interviewed one of the vets who broke through the barricades and he said

"yeah they tried to keep us out of Normandy too but that didn't stop us"

Lol that's awesome :tsu:

• Like 6

World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Setting itself up for every war the US has been engaged in since Korea. How many deaths have resulted from the Imperialist policies of the Greatest Generation? There was such a thing as American Isolationism before them, you know. Now the only Isolationist politician I know of in the US is Ron Paul. And remember these are the people who hosed down blacks at civil rights rallies, and fought tooth and nail against more rights for women.

Of course, I am generalizing the Greatest Generation, but so too is everyone else. They are not automatically better, stronger, faster and smarter than the rest of us. They have the title Greatest Generation because they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The moment you declare a group immune from criticism or ridicule you no longer have free society.

• Like 3

Maher is a liberal stooge with liberal talking points.

I agree that it is the Republicans fault for the shutdown - but it's Obama's fault for not being willing to negotiate.

Both parties are at fault. George Washington's warning rings true today.

As for Maher's obvious disrespect - that POS would not be able to voice his progressive opinions without the sacrifices of the people he's criticizing.

Talk about ironic.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'd consider it mocking the veterans as much as he's mocking them allowing themselves to be used to generate publicity for the republicans in the shutdown.

You're probably right but Maher is just SO unlikeable. Even when I agree with him I want to punch him in the throat.

• Like 2

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Setting itself up for every war the US has been engaged in since Korea. How many deaths have resulted from the Imperialist policies of the Greatest Generation? There was such a thing as American Isolationism before them, you know. Now the only Isolationist politician I know of in the US is Ron Paul. And remember these are the people who hosed down blacks at civil rights rallies, and fought tooth and nail against more rights for women.

Of course, I am generalizing the Greatest Generation, but so too is everyone else. They are not automatically better, stronger, faster and smarter than the rest of us. They have the title Greatest Generation because they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The moment you declare a group immune from criticism or ridicule you no longer have free society.

You better be careful going against blind nationalism..... people have ended up in camps for that.

• Like 1

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

American isolationism went down the drain after Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Since the US was the first country to develop and use nuclear weapons, at the start of the Nuclear Age it had not choice but to be involved.

The United States immediately after World War II was responsible for half the world economy and owned 2/3 of Gold on the planet.

If you are blaming the Great Generation for the end of isolationism, it's a moot point.

The entire country after Pearl Harbor was united in dishing out revenge to the Japanese and saving the UK from the Germans.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

billmaher01_zps72c95409.jpg

Maher is almost always a jackass...there has been a few times that something came out of his mouth I actually agreed with....but I think I can count those times on one hand...er....two fingers?

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

billmaher01_zps72c95409.jpg

Maher is almost always a jackass...there has been a few times that something came out of his mouth I actually agreed with....but I think I can count those times on one hand...er....two fingers?

When it comes to drugs, I'll agree with Maher - but that's a whole other animal.

He's too smug for my liking.

• Like 2

This is the most despictable thing I have seen. Obama and Maher should be stormed by the current generation with the WWII vets leading the charge. We charge them as traitors and remove them from office. This is really getting out of hand... just to make the other party suffer. Seriously, childish antics by the democrats who want to make the republicans look bad.

• Like 1

I would break this guys legs if I ever saw him he is a low life lower then a slug

You're probably right but Maher is just SO unlikeable. Even when I agree with him I want to punch him in the throat.

Oh yeah, I generally like Jon Stewart's comedy for example despite not always agreeing w/ his stuff, but he's likable and kind of feels like he's just having a laugh.

Marer seems like the type who got picked on a bit as a kid, and never got over it even after success.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I generally like Jon Stewart's comedy for example despite not always agreeing w/ his stuff, but he's likable and kind of feels like he's just having a laugh.

Marer seems like the type who got picked on a bit as a kid, and never got over it even after success.

Stewart is definitely a Liberal - but a much more likeable one. He's a comedian first, which I can respect.

And you're probably right. He was smug then and he's still smug now - if not even more so because of his 'success'.

• Like 1