Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Talking To Your Dream Guest

AnswersForLeigh

These happened a while back.. just would like some insight and opinion on it.

I have had a dream of my Grandfather who passed when I was 5... I dont have much memory of him other than he drove a blue truck and he took care of my first dog when my parents couldnt anymore. I was also told her was a very Catholic man. I didnt baptize my kids after they were born.. I wated a long time. I think my oldest was 8 and my youngest was 5 when they finaly got baptized. The night before mass I had the dream. He told Me He was very proud of me and that I was beautiful. I assumed he was proud because i finally baptized my kids. Im sure i was really talking to him.

There was another time in my life when I was going through some BAD STUFF. I was seeing a santera. She prayed for me and on me and was trying to help me during this bad time. i slowly came out of this bad time and eventually moved to the other side of town. I stop seeing her when things got fixed but i though of her often. She helped a lot. She only spoke spanish so when I did go see her I took a traslater. That was another reason why i never went back either. I had to find someone i trusted to traslate everytime. I also have to mention she was a heavy smoker. About a year went by after i had last seen her and i started going through some struggling decisions. ( nothing like my past situations ) but still another life annoyance. I went to bed one night and I saw her face ( very vclose and in my face ) she blew smoke at me and said " Decidir " I didnt understand spanish so i did knwo what she said. I later found it mean DECIDE. The problem i was having at the time was an issue in which i would have to choose one path or the other. I think she came to me in my dreams ( im sure she was still alive as well ) to remind me to make a decison. I cant have both.

any insight on those?

• Like 2

if she was a person who was very influential in your life it doesnt seem shocking that you would manifest her memory in your dreams in times of need, i see my best friend you passed away a while back some times he enters my dreams but its strictly a mental thing nothing supernatural about it

if she was a person who was very influential in your life it doesnt seem shocking that you would manifest her memory in your dreams in times of need, i see my best friend you passed away a while back some times he enters my dreams but its strictly a mental thing nothing supernatural about it

Seconded, I often see people that I hurt earlier in my life that I now regret

true.. i can see if she was someone i cared for how she would manifest. But tell me how my mind manifest a spanish word i didnt know.. that is something I can not explain

Decidir sounds similar to the english word decide, at some point in your life you've most likely heard this if you know someone closely enough to trust them as a translator, than you've probably been around them a lot, and if you've been around someone who is bilingual a lot, you've most likely picked up words you didn't realize you knew.

but its strictly a mental thing nothing supernatural about it

To play devils advocate (not to take this too off topic) You are sure of this how?

• Like 1

Well, it could be strictly "a mental thing," but even if there's nothing overtly paranormal about it, it seems like it's still a powerful message to your conscious mind from the deeper parts of you.

On the side of it being not-paranormal, there's the fact that " Decidir " is the root word, not one of the imperative forms. That is, a Spanish-speaker wouldn't use it that way if she were telling you to do something. But clearly the santera was an important figure to you, so if your dreams took her form to tell you something, it's still well worth listening to.

• Like 2

any insight on those?

Another angle to consider is her astral self communicated with yours due to the bond. The astral level is not bound by same physical limitations as the "3d world", thoughts/emotion/dreams/energy is not limited by distance and time. Like i explained before, how accurately you interpret things is dependant on your level of perception and awareness and what symbols your consciousness holds (inner dictionary)

• Like 1

I think if I were a passed spirit I would tend to leave the living alone. My touching them would be much more likely to only cause pain or fear than it would be to help.

Never open up your soul to anyone but God. Don't forget that Satan can be mistaken with an angel of light often. That Santera you've been to and submitted your soul was a wrong move. A true religion person/priest is acting as a saint, a saint doesn't smoke, or drink...etc... A true souls helper is a perfect person, not one full of weaknesses.

What you saw lately is not positive nor related to God. Repent and talk to God your problems.

It's amazing how many responses from Hollywood movies you have gotten so far!

Edited by qxcontinuum

It was a party, not a kindergarten class

I was joking. Can't you see how absurd "grape juice" is in the context?

Hi,

My understanding is that shared dreams like this are quite common. You needed to be told to make a decision, period. So the best way to encourage that was in a dream.

Now that part about your grandfather, I see quite differently. He is proud of you, not the specific choice to have the boys baptized.

John

• Like 1

Never open up your soul to anyone but God. Don't forget that Satan can be mistaken with an angel of light often. That Santera you've been to and submitted your soul was a wrong move. A true religion person/priest is acting as a saint, a saint doesn't smoke, or drink...etc... A true souls helper is a perfect person, not one full of weaknesses.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but while that may be true in your own corner of Christianity, it's definitely not accurate in the traditions of the African Diaspora (Voudoun, Santería, Candomblé, etc). As far as I can gather, there's no particular association of that kind of bodily "purity" with spirituality in those traditions; in fact, tobacco and alcohol are often used in ceremonies.

What you saw lately is not positive nor related to God.

That's an awfully sweeping statement about something you didn't experience. If AnswersforLeigh felt it was a positive figure, I'd take her word for it...it happened in HER dreams, after all.

• Like 1

What you saw lately is not positive nor related to God. Repent and talk to God your problems.

It's amazing how many responses from Hollywood movies you have gotten so far!

OH bull****! Im not interested in judgmental comments.. move around with that.

Decidir sounds similar to the english word decide, at some point in your life you've most likely heard this if you know someone closely enough to trust them as a translator, than you've probably been around them a lot, and if you've been around someone who is bilingual a lot, you've most likely picked up words you didn't realize you knew.

I actually thought it meant deceit when i heard it. but when i finally looked into it.. i was very wrong. I don't think i ever heard it before. Spanish i have been around most of my life is a form of slang. I believe Decidir is proper.. but i guess anything is possible... either way it was amazing and meaningful. Im glad that some people can be polite when disagreeing. Im ok with all point of views as long as they are nice and respectful about it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is a proper way of expressing. I thank you for your kindness while giving me your opinion, and your jokes :)