Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Veterans told no, Illegals told yes

Merc14

The March for Immigration Reform was given a hearty "permission to proceed" with their amnesty rally on the mall while WWII vets are threatened with arrest for trying to view their memorial before they die. This is America under democrat rule.

http://washingtonexa...article/2536908

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

The March for Immigration Reform was given a hearty "permission to proceed" with their amnesty rally on the mall while WWII vets are threatened with arrest for trying to view their memorial before they die. This is America under democrat rule.

Absolutely disgusting.

I have nothing against any one who wants to immigrate to the United States - let me make that clear.

I have plenty against those who illegally cross our borders, as it is a crime - that is not debatable.

This current administration - I don't care if you're conservative or liberal - has shown its colors by this action.

Ignore the dying veterans who risked every thing in favor of hopeful-Democrats.

• Like 7

Shameful list of things shutdown by the democrats to make things painful so they can blame it on Republicans. Backfiring big time BTW. The sycophant MSM is getting beat by the new media and everyone knows who to blame, hence Obama at 41% and falling.

http://youngcons.com...ct-public-pain/

rom Breitbart.com

- The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.

- The WWII memorial on the DC Mall is a 24/7 open-air memorial that is not regularly staffed. Although the White House must have known that WWII veterans in their eighties and nineties had already booked flights to visit this memorial, the White House still found the resources to spitefully barricade the attraction.

The Republican National Committee has offered to cover any costs required to keep the memorial open. The White House refused. Moreover, like the NIH, the GOP will pass a compromise bill that would fund America’s national parks. Obama has threatened to veto that bill.

-
Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.

-
Although the GOP have agreed to compromise in the ongoing budget stalemate and fund the parks, Obama has threatened to veto that funding. As a result, small businesses, hunters, and commercial fisherman can’t practice their trade. While the feds have deemed the personnel necessary to keep this area open “non-essential,” the “enforcement officers” to ensure no business is done are “essential.”

- The American Forces Network (AFN) that provides American sports and entertainment programming to our troops stationed abroad, has been shut down. For some reason, though, AFN News will still broadcast news, just not any of the popular and fun stuff.

Camp David is essential, but popular programming for heroes overseas is non-essential.

-
The GOP have offered to compromise and fund the National Parks. Obama has said he will veto this compromise legislation. As a result, along with 24 other military cemeteries, the D-Day memorial in Normandy has been barricaded.

- Although George Washington’s Mt. Vernon estate is privately funded, the feds blocked visitors from entering the parking area because the Park Service maintains the lot. Apparently, the New Media publicity resulted in the feds backing down.

- The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that “employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states.” No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.

-
“For the first time in 40 years, the National Park Service (NPS) has finally succeeded in closing the Farm down to the public. In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm.”

- “The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil’s Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion’s share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.”

-
The GOP have passed compromise legislation that would fund national memorials and parks, and open them to the public. Obama threatened a veto. Apparently, the “essential” government employees are those erecting barricades, not those who could keep the memorial open.

- “The operator of a 51-room inn located on U.S. government-owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep the property open despite being ordered to close as part of the federal government shutdown.”

October is this inn’s prime season. The GOP have offered compromise funding opening the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise.

State troopers

-
“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

- “The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.”

The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama has threatened a veto.

- ‘”We’ve been training for two years at CrossFit for this hike — no kidding,” Hart said. She added that the shutdown should be as inconvenient for the Washington politicians who caused it as it is for average citizens.’

The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto.

- “An iconic Philadelphia restaurant has been forced to close its doors and turn away booked parties because of the government shutdown. …

“Restaurant public relations director Molly Yun said they were notified there was a possibility a closure might happen, but they were allowed to remain open during the last government shutdown 17 years ago.”

The restaurant is part of the federal park system, which the GOP have agreed to fund. Obama said he will veto the funding.

The White House chefs have not been furloughed.

Many more here
Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

What do you expect?

He wants to make it as frustrating as possible.

I would say he is exceeding admirably.

• Like 3

It's really looking like either the republicans have manipulated the situation to make Obama look as bad as possible or Obama is just as bad as he's looking today.

It's really looking like either the republicans have manipulated the situation to make Obama look as bad as possible or Obama is just as bad as he's looking today.

Obama is a man-child puppet but his team is doing this, make no mistake. They have the power to do these silly things, not the republicans and think they still control the story.

• Like 1

I understand the idea that those who break the law to enter a country should not be rewarded. Regardless, immigration into a country is the only real way to keep it on top, and having a situation where there are millions of second-class residents who have no political power and are kept on the bottom rungs by punitive laws is a good formula for serious trouble.

World populations are aging, putting heavier and heavier demands on those of working age, and stifling economic growth. This is happening in the States too, where it has been somewhat offset by the illegal immigrants.

Those who break the law to enter the country should not be rewarded... Unless there's millions of them?

Anyways, a horrible tantrum of a list. Especially things that either cost nothing or make money.

• Like 2

suspect that even some Democrats are chilled at this punk's actions. The more serious minded of them have to see that the shoe will, at some point be on the other foot. This man disgusts me. I sincerely hope that karma finds him someday.

• Like 3

I think just maybe over the next few years the Democrats in the States will, with their health care plan, find that they are in the position of the person who wished for too much and got their wish.

Those who break the law to enter the country should not be rewarded... Unless there's millions of them?

Anyways, a horrible tantrum of a list. Especially things that either cost nothing or make money.

Its not about rewarding the illegals, its about what's best for the country.

I think just maybe over the next few years the Democrats in the States will, with their health care plan, find that they are in the position of the person who wished for too much and got their wish.

Its not about rewarding the illegals, its about what's best for the country.

It isn't about rewarding illegals and it isn't about what is best for the country...it IS about Power and Control! That is ALL it is about.

• Like 4

I understand the idea that those who break the law to enter a country should not be rewarded. Regardless, immigration into a country is the only real way to keep it on top, and having a situation where there are millions of second-class residents who have no political power and are kept on the bottom rungs by punitive laws is a good formula for serious trouble.

World populations are aging, putting heavier and heavier demands on those of working age, and stifling economic growth. This is happening in the States too, where it has been somewhat offset by the illegal immigrants.

Those who are here illegally are not immigrants, they are criminals. I would love to consider these people brother and sister; not thief!

• Like 2

Those who are here illegally are not immigrants, they are criminals. I would love to consider these people brother and sister; not thief!

I think you have an ideological mind set that keeps you from seeing them as mothers and fathers and children. That aside, there is no way to deport all of them, if for no other reason than the law enforcement needed and the disruption to the economy, so what do you want? A population of slaves?

I think you have an ideological mind set that keeps you from seeing them as mothers and fathers and children. That aside, there is no way to deport all of them, if for no other reason than the law enforcement needed and the disruption to the economy, so what do you want? A population of slaves?

You're damn right it's ideological! It's based on justice and fairness to those people here legally and by birthright. It's those here illegally that willingly renege on their role as mothers and father. As long as they are illegal, they are slave labor. They have broke the law and must pay the price. I'm all for some kind of amnesty, but not blanket and not without penalty.

• Like 2

There really needs to be some open and unbiased media coverage of that list....but that won't happen. To get through to some of the left leaning folks...they need to see it covered on CNN or MSNBC....Fox viewers are already ticked off so that isn't going to accomplish anything.

IF the herds actually knew who was inflicting maximum pain in childish ways...we might see something pop....

yeah I know...that is hoping in one hand and crapping in the other...I think I know which one will fill up first...

• Like 1

I'm sure Bachmann was just taking a casual stroll.

• Like 1

My late parents are buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. It better not be closed or somebody in Washington is going to get a kick in the ass.That includes both the Speaker and the President. Getting sick of all of this.Now they were saying if it goes on much longer,that it could affect Social Securityetc. I work for a school district. Ifthis goes on much longer what about the federal monies that go to public school districts?

• Like 1

Shameful list of things shutdown by the democrats to make things painful so they can blame it on Republicans. Backfiring big time BTW. The sycophant MSM is getting beat by the new media and everyone knows who to blame, hence Obama at 41% and falling.

http://youngcons.com...ct-public-pain/

rom Breitbart.com

- The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.

- The WWII memorial on the DC Mall is a 24/7 open-air memorial that is not regularly staffed. Although the White House must have known that WWII veterans in their eighties and nineties had already booked flights to visit this memorial, the White House still found the resources to spitefully barricade the attraction.

The Republican National Committee has offered to cover any costs required to keep the memorial open. The White House refused. Moreover, like the NIH, the GOP will pass a compromise bill that would fund America’s national parks. Obama has threatened to veto that bill.

-
Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.

-
Although the GOP have agreed to compromise in the ongoing budget stalemate and fund the parks, Obama has threatened to veto that funding. As a result, small businesses, hunters, and commercial fisherman can’t practice their trade. While the feds have deemed the personnel necessary to keep this area open “non-essential,” the “enforcement officers” to ensure no business is done are “essential.”

- The American Forces Network (AFN) that provides American sports and entertainment programming to our troops stationed abroad, has been shut down. For some reason, though, AFN News will still broadcast news, just not any of the popular and fun stuff.

Camp David is essential, but popular programming for heroes overseas is non-essential.

-
The GOP have offered to compromise and fund the National Parks. Obama has said he will veto this compromise legislation. As a result, along with 24 other military cemeteries, the D-Day memorial in Normandy has been barricaded.

- Although George Washington’s Mt. Vernon estate is privately funded, the feds blocked visitors from entering the parking area because the Park Service maintains the lot. Apparently, the New Media publicity resulted in the feds backing down.

- The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that “employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states.” No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.

-
“For the first time in 40 years, the National Park Service (NPS) has finally succeeded in closing the Farm down to the public. In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm.”

- “The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil’s Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion’s share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.”

-
The GOP have passed compromise legislation that would fund national memorials and parks, and open them to the public. Obama threatened a veto. Apparently, the “essential” government employees are those erecting barricades, not those who could keep the memorial open.

- “The operator of a 51-room inn located on U.S. government-owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep the property open despite being ordered to close as part of the federal government shutdown.”

October is this inn’s prime season. The GOP have offered compromise funding opening the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise.

State troopers

-
“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

- “The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.”

The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama has threatened a veto.

- ‘”We’ve been training for two years at CrossFit for this hike — no kidding,” Hart said. She added that the shutdown should be as inconvenient for the Washington politicians who caused it as it is for average citizens.’

The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto.

- “An iconic Philadelphia restaurant has been forced to close its doors and turn away booked parties because of the government shutdown. …

“Restaurant public relations director Molly Yun said they were notified there was a possibility a closure might happen, but they were allowed to remain open during the last government shutdown 17 years ago.”

The restaurant is part of the federal park system, which the GOP have agreed to fund. Obama said he will veto the funding.

The White House chefs have not been furloughed.

Many more here

Obama's golf course on Andrews Air Force Base is STILL open, but the comissary on the base is closed....That should show you right there what Obama thinks about us "peasants".... We can eat cake....

Meanwhile, last night, Vietnam Vets were arrested in New York City last night at a Vietnam Memorial....

Just when I think this administration can't sink any lower they pull this type of c***.... :no:

• Like 2

Ifthis goes on much longer what about the federal monies that go to public school districts?

I'm surprised that wasn't at the top of Obama's hit list.

• Like 1

I think you have an ideological mind set that keeps you from seeing them as mothers and fathers and children.

we see them as criminals they are, they entered the country ILLEGALY, that is all how we need to see them, we don't give a ...., if they are mother or fathers, it doesn't make them any less criminals. how hard it is to understand. as for deporting, sure we can.we can even make them pay for it, if we sign right laws :yes:

America accepts 700K immigrants per year but you are completely missing the point of this thread. The point is, democrat pet projects like amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants are given permits to hold massive rallies on teh national mall while 90 year old veterans are being arrested for looking at an open air memorial that is normally viewable 24/7 and don't have normal staffs attached. Frank, they put down traffic cones all along the highway where people turn off to view Mt. Rushmore from miles aay. How much did that cost?

• Like 2

The difference is the Mexicans would have rioted if their rally was denied while the vets are too old to cause much civil disturbance.

• Like 1

The difference is the Mexicans would have rioted if their rally was denied while the vets are too old to cause much civil disturbance.

That’s the Logan’s Run/Soylent Green mentality of this Administration. Notice I did not say death panel…oops??? The elderly are not economically beneficial, just as a political weapon against Conservatives. And the illegals are slave labor especially at the polls.

• Like 1

It isn't about rewarding illegals and it isn't about what is best for the country...it IS about Power and Control! That is ALL it is about.

Agreed, joc.

They're just flexing their muscles right now to intimidate.

Their choice of illegals over the greatest generation highlights their loathing of the American culture.

Obama's golf course on Andrews Air Force Base is STILL open, but the comissary on the base is closed....That should show you right there what Obama thinks about us "peasants".... We can eat cake....

Meanwhile, last night, Vietnam Vets were arrested in New York City last night at a Vietnam Memorial....

Just when I think this administration can't sink any lower they pull this type of c***.... :no:

We're just serfs - disposable serfs - in the eyes of the almighty state.

• Like 1