Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Affordable Health Care registration - torture

Raptor Witness

So you think that premiums and deductibles should be as cheap as they are right now and let's just keep on doing what we've been doing sans Obamacare?

Then by all means, sign up. I'll have nothing to do with this.

The whole point is that it's there for people who can't afford to go private. Of course the rich would be able to afford whatever they can afford. That's how everything works. But it's hardly an argument for not having a Health service at all, is it. That's a ridiculous argument.

Rich : Tier 1 - Best Care Available

Everybody Else: Tier 2 - Rationing and take a number

Not following you there. What freedom won't you have now?

How about the Right to Privacy?

Wait a minute...the Government now has the Right byLaw to Mandate that all Americans purchase a certain thing. The question then is: What Freedom will we have left? If they can tell us that we MUST own something...then they can also tell us that we must NOT own a certain thing...like guns. But you don't see that do you. When they come for you...wait...they won't come for you...when YOU come for me...I'll be waiting.

• Like 3

Rich : Tier 1 - Best Care Available

Everybody Else: Tier 2 - Rationing and take a number

So that's an argument for not having state healthcare, is it? Again i ask, is that an argument that makes any sense at all?

How about the Right to Privacy?

Wait a minute...the Government now has the Right byLaw to Mandate that all Americans purchase a certain thing. The question then is: What Freedom will we have left? If they can tell us that we MUST own something...then they can also tell us that we must NOT own a certain thing...like guns. But you don't see that do you. When they come for you...wait...they won't come for you...when YOU come for me...I'll be waiting.

that is an argument that makes sense, in contrast. Not that state healthcare is in and of itself a bad thing, just that Mr, O's system seems to be basically a form of extortion.

• Like 1

So that's an argument for not having state healthcare, is it? Again i ask, is that an argument that makes any sense at all?

your agrument doesn't make much sense either.

if something is broken, braking it even more does not sound like a good idea, does it?

what is effed up even more, that you think aca is actually was made for the benefit of uninsured

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

your agrument doesn't make much sense either.

if something is broken, braking it even more does not sound like a good idea, does it? and just becouse it was broken making it worst, does not you making it better in any way. or does it??

Government can run anything well.

Waste, Fraud , Abuse and Tyranny

As if we didn't know this already:

Obamacare Marketplace: Personal Data Can Be Used For ‘Law Enforcement and Audit Activities’

Maryland's Health Connection, the state's Obamacare marketplace, has been plagued by delays in the first days of open enrollment. If users are able to endure long page-loading delays, they are presented with the website's privacy policy, a ubiquitous fine-print feature on websites that often go unread. Nevertheless, users are asked to check off a box that they agree to the terms.

The policy contains many standard statements about information automatically collected regarding Internet browsers and IP addresses, temporary "cookies" used by the site, and website accessibility. However, at least two conditions may give some users pause before proceeding.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-marketplace-personal-data-can-be-used-law-enforcement-and-audit-activities_762237.html

• Like 1

it gets even better.

If you send us an e-mail, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry. E-mail correspondence may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request in accordance with Maryland’s Public Information Act.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-marketplace-personal-data-can-be-used-law-enforcement-and-audit-activities_762237.html

• Like 1

it gets even better.

If you send us an e-mail, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry. E-mail correspondence may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request in accordance with Maryland’s Public Information Act.

http://www.weeklysta...ies_762237.html

You couldn't even PAY me to click on the Government's Obamacare sight...I'm not going to...I am hereby telling the World...and Obama...and Reid...and Pelosi...and the Federalies....I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR ahem LAW...not now...not ever...

or

as the famous Patriot once said:

Give me Liberty...or Give me Death!!!

• Like 1

You couldn't even PAY me to click on the Government's Obamacare sight...I'm not going to...I am hereby telling the World...and Obama...and Reid...and Pelosi...and the Federalies....I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR ahem LAW...not now...not ever...

or

as the famous Patriot once said:

Give me Liberty...or Give me Death!!!

I'm with you on that.... :tu:

The government can kiss my posterior....I ain't sending them one dime on Obamacare.

I am thinking that the Democrats will suddenly see LIGHT at the end of this 'shutdown' tunnel. That Light is that...well...they seriously need to rework their websites...and...a 'one' year hold on implementation will give them time to fix the thing (maybe) and by then, everyone will have forgotten about the 'shutdown'...cause it ain't really goin' that great for the Dems and Obama you know? People are blaming him...not the Repubs. So...I think they will give in and then turn the tables and blame the repubs somehow for capitulating.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

I was finally able to finish the application process on the web portal today.

However, I was flagged because it said that I was part of a "multi-tax" household, but it didn't explain what that meant. It said that I couldn't register until December 1, because of this.

I was able to talk to someone by phone today too. He was clueless, and said that to answer my simple question, someone higher up the food chain would have to call me back within 48 hours. I told him no thank you.

My general impression so far, is that I would be far better off to divorce my wife, and then apply. That will adversely affect the mental and physical health of two people, and I suspect costi more in treatment than the premium. I'm being totally serious here.

My two Chihuahua's have better insurance than I'll ever hope to have. Nationwide is on their side.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

UPDATE:

I was finally able to finish the application process on the web portal today.

However, I was flagged because it said that I was part of a "multi-tax" household, but it didn't explain what that meant. It said that I couldn't register until December 1, because of this.

I was able to talk to someone by phone today too. He was clueless, and said that to answer my simple question, someone higher up the food chain would have to call me back within 48 hours. I told him no thank you.

My general impression so far, is that I would be far better off to divorce my wife, and then apply. That will adversely affect the mental and physical health of two people, and I suspect costi more in treatment than the premium. I'm being totally serious here.

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh a little. Good luck, to you though.

• Like 1

The Republicans also said that Obama shutdown the memorials and White House Tours because he is immature and petulant.

The dems did not disagree. They just sat there and stared at Sean Hannity.

your average person has no idea. Kind of like you. They could not spend ANY unauthorized money or risk being jailed.

No, they aren't good things. Twenty six year olds are adults who should be out in the real world fending for themselves...not setting at home with Mommy and Daddy, eating Mommy and Daddy's food, etc. NOT a good thing.

And we know the Congress didn't read it because they said they didn't read it.

being on your parents plan doesn't mean they are not "out in the world" or going to school.

One person said they didn't read it and she was briefed by her staffers. So that's just a lie.

When you get the Bronze Plan, then you have to find a doctor who will accept it. Good luck.

pretty much how all insurance works. Networks. Not a surprise. Well except to you.

Well life long enormous monthly insurance payments and gigantic deductibles will financially ruin most of America anyways.

You do realize that the ACA only really affects the uninsured, right? 30-40 million. The rest of us, 270+ million ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE.

.the Government now has the Right byLaw to Mandate that all Americans purchase a certain thing.

270+ million of us already do.

I am thinking that the Democrats will suddenly see LIGHT at the end of this 'shutdown' tunnel.

Sorry. we don't negotiate with terrorists. They'll just do it again.

your average person has no idea. Kind of like you. They could not spend ANY unauthorized money or risk being jailed.

Jail? Really? All the already highly illegal things and treasonous lies they get into daily under risk of federal prison or death and you really think they're worried about going to jail over something like this and moreover you believe anyone but you would hope to see that happen over keeping the ww2 memorial open.

You do realize that the ACA only really affects the uninsured, right? 30-40 million. The rest of us, 270+ million ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE.

Good for you. That doesn't mean I have to gamble with you.

270+ million of us already do.

You mob mentality really shines. How unAmerican.

Sorry. we don't negotiate with terrorists. They'll just do it again.

Terrorist kill babies. Oh wait, so do you guys.

• Like 1

I'm not in favor of socialized medicine like you have in the UK, but we needed some sort of change.

My wife has good health care coverage through her job, but if she were to add me onto her policy, she would lose the substantial subsidy that her employer contributes, putting the cost of our combined coverage out of our range. Our marriage offers us no benefit in that corner.

She works for a large healthcare provider that rakes in millions of tax dollars every year, so you would think that of all the companies that might be interested in taking care of their own, this would be one. They're dripping in cash, mostly because of Medicare and Medicaid, but they're not passing along this same protection, which they directly profit from, to their younger, medium income, workers, families.

This is the system that the Republicans are trying to protect. This is the status quo that they want to maintain, because of who is stuffing their pockets full of cash.

The free market wasn't working, and yet they're unwilling to offer any solution of their own.

Affordable healthcare has the potential to lift millions out of poverty, as well as raising a good percentage of the uninsured middle class to the higher middle class. It doesn't take a genius to see this.

I don't need to demonize the Republicans; they do a good enough job of this themselves.

• Like 1

All the already highly illegal things and treasonous lies

in your opinion. The problem is that they can, so they do. It's only illegal if proven so. And there are reasons supporting legality.

Lies treasonous? really? How does a lie become treasonous? I mean Bush lied us into invading Iraq and getting a million people killed. But hey he had the "Patriot Act" to fall back on. Just because conservamedia says it's a lie does not make it so.

You don't have to get health insurance. You'll just get fined. I'm ok with that.

Mob mentality. umm I guess that's true. Society has a vested interest in the health of it's citizens - even you.

I'm not in favor of socialized medicine like you have in the UK, but we needed some sort of change.

My wife has good health care coverage through her job, but if she were to add me onto her policy, she would lose the substantial subsidy that her employer contributes, putting the cost of our combined coverage out of our range. Our marriage offers us no benefit in that corner.

She works for a large healthcare provider that rakes in millions of tax dollars every year, so you would think that of all the companies that might be interested in taking care of their own, this would be one. They're dripping in cash, mostly because of Medicare and Medicaid, but they're not passing along this same protection, which they directly profit from, to their younger, medium income, workers, families.

This is the system that the Republicans are trying to protect. This is the status quo that they want to maintain, because of who is stuffing their pockets full of cash.

The free market wasn't working, and yet they're unwilling to offer any solution of their own.

Affordable healthcare has the potential to lift millions out of poverty, as well as raising a good percentage of the uninsured middle class to the higher middle class. It doesn't take a genius to see this.

I don't need to demonize the Republicans; they do a good enough job of this themselves.

The Republicans did come up with a plan of their own back during Clinton's Presidency....Which is pretty much identical to what the ACA turned into.

The Republicans did come up with a plan of their own back during Clinton's Presidency....Which is pretty much identical to what the ACA turned into.

BS