Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House Blinks : Reason : China Called !

CyberKen

Representing the will of the people within the confines of the constitution is the only way this government should be run. The other day I heard 0bama call us conservatives, "extremists". I nearly drove off the road. A man with the amount of blood on his hands he has, and the down right amazing amounts of money he has wrecklessly spent, and IM the extremist. My goodness.

Obama and his minions are Elitist Snobs.

They think they know best.

They don't.

With all due respect to your representative Republic, this way of thinking is living in la-la land. If govt could only represent the will of "Teh Peepulz" then all muslims in the US would have been rounded up into internment camps after 9/11.

Govt is there to represent the People by doing what they [the elected representatives] believe to be right for the country, not necessarily by doing what the People believe is 'right'.

Would that be anything like the anti-Muslim reprisals after Drummer Lee Rigby was killed?

Would that be anything like the anti-Muslim reprisals after Drummer Lee Rigby was killed?

Perhaps I exaggerated to emphasise my point. Do you agree or disagree with the point I was making regarding the duty of Government?

The EDL are as roughly representative of the will of the people in the UK as the KKK are in the US.

The right wing fringe kicking off an evening of bottle throwing and anti-Muslim chants is entirely different to the US government rounding up Muslims within the US and interring them in a prison camp for an indefinite period, as they did with the Japanese during World War 2.

Perhaps I exaggerated to emphasise my point. Do you agree or disagree with the point I was making regarding the duty of Government?

I don't think the government has any interest in doing what is right for the US or it's people. They each have their own personal agendas and unless their is a major outcry, like the one about going into Syria, which threatens their political future we will continue to be ignored.

• Like 3

The EDL are as roughly representative of the will of the people in the UK as the KKK are in the US.

The right wing fringe kicking off an evening of bottle throwing and anti-Muslim chants is entirely different to the US government rounding up Muslims within the US and interring them in a prison camp for an indefinite period, as they did with the Japanese during World War 2.

How many were rounded up and where are these camps?

How many were rounded up and where are these camps?

You'll note that Leo said that didn't happen.

I don't think the government has any interest in doing what is right for the US or it's people. They each have their own personal agendas and unless their is a major outcry, like the one about going into Syria, which threatens their political future we will continue to be ignored.

Nice avoid.

I wasn't making a point about how the govt works, I was making a point about how the govt should work. Do you agree or disagree?

Major Outcry: Fining / taxing the American people because they didn't buy an ObamaCare product on a webpage that is - Out of Order-.

• Like 1

You'll note that Leo said that didn't happen.

I don't even know why it's being discussed. It is a hypothetical "what if" that never happened and which the public never advocated. It was a snarky comment that made the US sound like a bunch of uneducated bigots to which I took offense.

I don't even know why it's being discussed. It is a hypothetical "what if" that never happened and which the public never advocated. It was a snarky comment that made the US sound like a bunch of uneducated bigots to which I took offense.

Do you deny that an event similar to that I described has happened in the recent (within the last 100 years) history of the US?

Do you agree or disagree with the point I made about how [the US] govt should work?

Edited by Leonardo

Nice avoid.

I wasn't making a point about how the govt works, I was making a point about how the govt should work. Do you agree or disagree?

In a perfect world that's how it should work, but it doesn't. I don't know what more you want?

Do you deny that an event similar to that I described has happened in the recent (within the last 100 years) history of the US?

Do you agree or disagree with the point I made about how [the US] govt should work?

Yes, it did happen. Was the government acting on it's own or was it public outcry? We are talking about the here and now...not the past. Should we go as far back as what was done to the Native Americans? The American people did not advocate putting Muslims in internment camps and neither did the government after 9/11.

In a perfect world that's how it should work, but it doesn't. I don't know what more you want?

I didn't ask for anything more, all I asked for was your agreement or disagreement.

Yes, it did happen. Was the government acting on it's own or was it public outcry? We are talking about the here and now...not the past. Should we go as far back as what was done to the Native Americans? The American people did not advocate putting Muslims in internment camps and neither did the government after 9/11.

The point of bringing up history is to put modern events into a context, and to remind ourselves to always seek to be better than those times in our history when we were not good. Those times exist in British history as well, and we are constantly reminded of them still. It is a bitter pill to swallow, but it is necessary to keep ourselves focussed on being better and not surrendering to the Mob - as the post of preacherman's suggested govt should do.

Leo claimed that's what the US wanted. You claim otherwise.

I don't particularly disagree with you. I don't recall the US people en masse clamoring for their segregation and/or deportation, though there's certainly a vocal element on both sides of the Atlantic who identify us as being at war with Islam.

Mostly, I was just illustrating that your snarky comment in response wasn't actually that snarky. It's kind of a given that fringe extremists are both fringe and extremist.

• Like 1

With all due respect to your representative Republic, this way of thinking is living in la-la land. If govt could only represent the will of "Teh Peepulz" then all muslims in the US would have been rounded up into internment camps after 9/11.

Govt is there to represent the People by doing what they [the elected representatives] believe to be right for the country, not necessarily by doing what the People believe is 'right'.

Thats why I added within the confines of the constitution. Cause within those confines, the publics will tward muslims isnt relevent. Under the constitution, they govern by consent. Well, there is a large and growing number that no longer consent. Hence the situation we find ourselfs in today. Its a good thing.

Thats why I added within the confines of the constitution. Cause within those confines, the publics will tward muslims isnt relevent. Under the constitution, they govern by consent. Well, there is a large and growing number that no longer consent. Hence the situation we find ourselfs in today. Its a good thing.

Yes and no. Their ability to enact policy depends on their being elected to office, so public consent obviously plays a part in who gets to enact policy, but it has only a peripheral part in the actual work of government itself because of the knowledge of the elected that they must do at least something that meets public approval.

Intepreting that part of the Constitution to mean anything/everything the govt does must be with consent, or meet with public approval, is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

Yes and no. Their ability to enact policy depends on their being elected to office, so public consent obviously plays a part in who gets to enact policy, but it has only a peripheral part in the actual work of government itself because of the knowledge of the elected that they must do at least something that meets public approval.

Intepreting that part of the Constitution to mean anything/everything the govt does must be with consent, or meet with public approval, is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

Well originaly the founders assumed, and warned us that we the public must remain aware of what the government is doing. In this case, we have a small handful of representatives that are actualy representing the people who hired them. And its proved to be a powerful tool. In a way it is pie in the sky thinking. Not because we dont really have the power to make them do the will of the people, again within the confines of the constitution, but more because most people really just dont care what their government is doing.

Look at what just happened with Syria. The majority finaly got involved and demanded we stay out of it militarily, and thats exactly what happened. Even after weeks of the government, through the media, tryed to gain public support. Truth is, if the majority of the people demanded we return to the principles, rights, and government restraint's, of the founding documents, then thats what would happen. Maybe not right away, but certainly with in 1 or 2 election cycles. The people have a great deal of power when it comes to influancing outcomes. Problem is most people dont know or care.

Oh I wanted to know if you better understand what I was saying in regards to why the public would have no authority to get the government to confine muslims? Its really the difference between a pure democracy, and a constitutional republic. In both, the people have alot of power, but in a republic that power is restrained by the rights of the individual. Do you understand what I meant?

Whats scary, is the fact that this government has illegaly given its self the power to detain indefinitly anyone it wants. With no due process at all. Like you said, the people should never have the right to do that to anyone. To me, it should be considered worse for the government to do so.

• Like 1

Whats scary, is the fact that this government has illegaly given its self the power to detain indefinitly anyone it wants. With no due process at all. Like you said, the people should never have the right to do that to anyone. To me, it should be considered worse for the government to do so.

Thomas Jefferson:

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty.