Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An interesting experience and observation.

keninsc

Last week I learned that a girl I had gone to high school had died due to multiple health issues. She was quite a fetching girl back in the day, a cheerleader, outgoing, nice. Ok, so I'm two years ahead of her in school and when I graduate and left the small town I'd grown up in I never had any further contact with her, never really thought about her again.

Last month I was on Facebook and suddenly was overcome with finding out about her, Her name was Beth. So I put out several inquires to friends and lo and behold I get a hit. I learn she lives close by and was not doing well at all. Late last week I found out she'd passed away. While many of us were talking about it on Facebook I discovered that about ten of us had made inquires about her around the same time.

Is this some sort of psychic experience or is it just a random happening? There were about ten people who claimed to have "suddenly had her on their minds" for some reason.

I would like to add, she and I only had one encounter away from school and that was in the Summer of 1968. We were not lovers, all we did was talk and kiss a little. Not so much a bonding sort of experience and then we went back to school and it was like it never happened.

I recall back when I was a child my grand mother who was a gifted person used to tell me that when an event was about to happen many people could detect it because of the "wave" it put out. She said it was like a ripple on a smooth pond. You can see the ripple but you don't know what caused it.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

Your grandmother was a wise woman.

In furthering her wisdom, the pond or ocean is like the consciousness version of the internet we all plug into. Here we have a real 3d working version of it and people still question it. The day can't come soon enough when it will be considered more insane to call such an occurrence as random as opposed to natural.

• Like 3

I think that we create connection to people all threw our lives, connections that maybe we are not always aware of, yet they exist. Like the ripples on the pond we can see them. I've had a number of experiences like this in my life, in fact when I have a sudden desire to find out about someone I've lost contact with I now begin to wonder if the worst isn't about to happen to them.

It never seems to happen when something great is happening to them.

• Like 1

I think that we create connection to people all threw our lives, connections that maybe we are not always aware of, yet they exist. Like the ripples on the pond we can see them. I've had a number of experiences like this in my life, in fact when I have a sudden desire to find out about someone I've lost contact with I now begin to wonder if the worst isn't about to happen to them.

It never seems to happen when something great is happening to them.

That's only because the ripples aren't as large or noticable until people are in the state of mind of thinking of their fond memories of others that not with them. Unfortunately that usually occurs in times of crisis for most people. Happy or distracted busy people are usually too absorbed to connect to others that way. Some people like your grandmother learn to read the ripples because they watch them and learn what they mean.

My grandfather explained ripples in a pond to me too as he skipped a rock across a lake when I was little. He went a little further then your grandmother. I was asking about bad things that happen to good people and he said it's if you're God and throw a stone, you watch it and it has influence but the free will you gave it depends on others and it isn't directly within your reach anymore because you gave them control of free will which was to let us grow and learn even from the bad things. It's all about the ripples in the pond and we are the ripples pond :)

Edited by White Unicorn

That's the down side of connections and ripples often by the time we get the, or at least by the time I get them, it's too late. My grand mother was in touch with all that and I got some of it but try as I might, I've never been able to make help me in time to help someone else. Except once many years ago in Nam, but that's another story.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

I recall back when I was a child my grand mother who was a gifted person used to tell me that when an event was about to happen many people could detect it because of the "wave" it put out. She said it was like a ripple on a smooth pond. You can see the ripple but you don't know what caused it.

yes concentric rings. It sounds like your friend was calling in to say her good buys. I have seen this happen with people before. Always cherish that moment if intimacy you had with her, I have feeling she did.

Hey, My Grandmother was about seventeen kinds of cool, she knew a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I learned that a girl I had gone to high school had died due to multiple health issues. She was quite a fetching girl back in the day, a cheerleader, outgoing, nice. Ok, so I'm two years ahead of her in school and when I graduate and left the small town I'd grown up in I never had any further contact with her, never really thought about her again.

Last month I was on Facebook and suddenly was overcome with finding out about her, Her name was Beth. So I put out several inquires to friends and lo and behold I get a hit. I learn she lives close by and was not doing well at all. Late last week I found out she'd passed away. While many of us were talking about it on Facebook I discovered that about ten of us had made inquires about her around the same time.

Is this some sort of psychic experience or is it just a random happening? There were about ten people who claimed to have "suddenly had her on their minds" for some reason.

I would like to add, she and I only had one encounter away from school and that was in the Summer of 1968. We were not lovers, all we did was talk and kiss a little. Not so much a bonding sort of experience and then we went back to school and it was like it never happened.

I would be the last one to deny psychc abilities But here is another mundane .You sound about the same age as i am. I know i have started thinking about my class mates.

The first one died a couple of years back, but he had had bad asthma all his life.

Recently I began searching the internet to see if i could find out about the others. I guess whaI I am saying is that, at my "time of life", we tend to look back and think about the friends or classmates from school, as our own lives slow down, and our mortality approaches closer. While young people have been on face book/ the internet al their lives, some of us oldies are beginning to reconnect to friends and classmates we lost track of during the non digital age.