Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests in Washington This Weekend

Kowalski

30 trucks is not really much of a protest. What you really have is Faux news trying to flame something that doesn't exist.

You sound like the media.

• Like 5

30 trucks is not really much of a protest. What you really have is Faux news trying to flame something that doesn't exist.

There were MORE than 30 Trucks there, but it won't get any press coverage....

Unlike, when the illegal immigrants have protests...that gets PLENTY of media coverage....

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 2

If what I heard is right, and I can't say it is, while the WWII veterans were trying to get into their memorial, there was a protest on the Washington Mall that was opened for illegal immigrants.

Yes, it is true. They were exercising their first amendment rights.

http://blogs.wsj.com...orward-on-mall/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

If what I heard is right, and I can't say it is, while the WWII veterans were trying to get into their memorial, there was a protest on the Washington Mall that was opened for illegal immigrants.

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, that is true....The illegal immigrants could hold a rally, but veterans were not able too.....There is a thread on this board about it....Truly disgusting on the part of our government....Illegal immegrants are more important then actual citizens.... :no:

• Like 2

That's because it was a polite, civil, protest.

It's interesting isn't it - you dismiss this protest because nothing really happened during it, and you'd castigate the protesters if something did.

I say good on them, they got their say, noone was hurt or even inconvenienced. It's how people should protest in a civil society.

No. A proper protest is made righteous by trashing, thrashing, pooping, doping, burning, raping, fighting, yelling, screaming, destroying, trespassing, law breaking, littering and making outlandish and random demands.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Yes, that is true....The illegal immigrants could hold a rally, but veterans were not able too.....There is a thread on this board about it....Truly disgusting on the part of our government....Illegal immegrants are more important then actual citizens.... :no:

To be honest, I didn't know illegal immigrants had rights under the Constitution. It seems as though politicans, whether they are Democrats or Republicans, don't even acknowledge that we the people exist.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Really? The Barricades torn down and moved to the WhiteHouse is a Fox news propoganda piece. God, you are so out of touch it is hilarious!

• Like 2

Here's a clip on Valley Forge.

http://www.timeshera...historical-park

Facebook is still inundated with pics from all over the states. In this day of social networking no one needs the media anymore if they back the cause. Even Fox didn't say a lot about what was going on.

CNN should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm a Democrat by registration. Is Sarah Palin really a member of Congress now? That would upset me. Did any Democrats acknowledge these vets? I think their president should have said something to them.

They don't deserve the people they're trying to bash.

http://politicaltick...?iref=allsearch

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Here's a clip on Valley Forge.

http://www.timeshera...historical-park

Facebook is still inundated with pics from all over the states. In this day of social networking no one needs the media anymore if they back the cause. Even Fox didn't say a lot about what was going on.

CNN should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm a Democrat by registration. Is Sarah Palin really a member of Congress now? That would upset me. Did any Democrats acknowledge these vets? I think their president should have said something to them.

They don't deserve the people they're trying to bash.

http://politicaltick...?iref=allsearch

See, the thing is, this goes 'way' beyond party lines. Every single person has ties that run deep from WWII. Democrat/Republican...doesn't matter...for most, this (keeping the vets out of their own memorial) is the lowest of lows...a huge 'backfire' for the O Admin that sought to divide us all even further...huge...HUGE...backfire.

• Like 2

I saw that....There were a lot of people out there, and the police had on FULL RIOT GEAR....

I hope things don't get too ugly....

There's a video of them hitting a Veteran with a baton.

That's the trick, isn't it?

The Constitution protects basic rights granted by God - preexisting rights, for citizens of this country.

These people have those preexisting rights, but they should not be protected because they aren't citizens.

• Like 2

I get the feeling when those vets got their call to duty they saw a lot worse than that. Even the old ones. It's a good thing they stayed peaceful.

• Like 1

The 11:00 news had a much better video but it's not up yet. This is Valley Forge. Apparently an earlier group came out to protest a jogger that got a ticket earlier in the week for being in the park. If that vid comes up on their site, I'll post it later.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=9285773

• Like 1

This guy is awesome. His name is Dylan Ratigan and he's the anchor for his own show on MSNBC. He lost his mind on the air and wow is he right. About time someone had the guts to say this.

• Like 1

I'm glad those senators at least went out to see their veterans. They only want to go to their memorial before they die.

Maybe this isn't over yet.

• Like 1

and a couple of hundred people isn't much of a protest. as they say, there are more republicans in congress. It interesting how faux news creates tight shots and inflames it's base with plan open falsehoods.

BWeABmRIcAAso96.jpg?1381763944

even faux news had to admit it.

Dozens, not thousands, show up for DC trucker protest

Published October 11, 2013

FoxNews.com

A trucker protest aimed at clogging the Capital Beltway around Washington to protest government "corruption" was not shaping up to be quite the commuter nightmare organizers had threatened.

As of Friday morning, dozens of tractor-trailers were said to be on the road as part of the protest convoy.

Virginia state police say they stopped four tractor-trailer drivers on the Beltway, pulling them over after they began driving side-by side across all four northbound lanes of the Beltway in Fairfax County.

Their actions slowed traffic to about 15 mph. Officers warned the drivers not to impede traffic and did not write any tickets.

Police say a convoy of about 30 trucks began traveling north on Interstate 95 from Doswell, Va., on Friday morning. The truckers are circling the Beltway.

However, the presence was not quite the thousands of truckers that organizers had predicted. On Friday morning, just a handful of people had showed up at a key staging area.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/11/dozens-not-thousands-show-up-for-dc-trucker-protest/?intcmp=latestnews

It came from Faux ninja. That means it's a lie. That's just what you always say.

That doesn't even look like DC. I've seen plenty enough shots, actually from all over.

• Like 1

I guess the man likes his cigarettes but he is right. Washington was a tobacco farmer and a smoker. A lot of the early settlers were. Tobacco was a valuable commodity in Europe at the time and it's sale funded the expenses of the colonies. However, I do think he's blaming Hitler for something he didn't do.

• Like 2

I guess the man likes his cigarettes but he is right. Washington was a tobacco farmer and a smoker. A lot of the early settlers were. Tobacco was a valuable commodity in Europe at the time and it's sale funded the expenses of the colonies. However, I do think he's blaming Hitler for something he didn't do.

The one unimportant fact he got right doesn't really mitigate the rest of the nonsense.

And he wasn't alone:

smoker-on-strike.jpg

The one unimportant fact he got right doesn't really mitigate the rest of the nonsense.

And he wasn't alone:

smoker-on-strike.jpg

You didn't show this side. lol. Guess there's one in every crowd.

• Like 2

At least he was blaming Hitler and not calling Bush Hitler...at least he was telling it like it is...and not calling for the assassination of a sitting president as were many on the left when W was running the show.

• Like 3