Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do I Read People's Minds?

EliteSnip3r

Hello.

For the past 1-2 months I started noticing very strange things happening to me. I will try to explain them as best as I can since English isn't my first language.

• It all started with Deja Vu's. I used to get them very often and still do.
  • I think of things I am going to say and the next thing that happens, someone who is talking beside me, actually says it. I get this 2-5 times every day. I also say something for example and the person beside me goes 'I was just about to say that' or 'I was just thinking about that'. There are many more examples of this behaviour. Another example is when I was talking to my friend on Skype (he was also talking to someone else), and I said something and my friend is like 'Dude, I am talking to this person and he just said the same thing!'. I also got this a few times when I said something and then the person on the TV says the exact same thing.
  • I can sometimes do things before other people do them.
  • When someone throws a coin, I can guess if it's going to be heads or tails and I get it right around 70% of the times.
  • Also, why do I remember so many things from my childhood? They are not good or bad memories, they're just 'memories'. I can seriously remember things that I did when I was like 4 years old (I am 22 now).

What is this called does anybody know? Does this actually mean anything? Do I have some kind of powers or something? If yes, how do I practice it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by EliteSnip3r

My bet is you are more "in the rhythm", living out the life's beat without barriers so much, without thinking it twice so much when you do. People who do this tend to connect with each other like you do there when they live similiarly with the life's beat. When it's the same thing with the friend of your friend I'd say it's a bit more likely, because people tend to befriend certain types of people, the same types. And the same types get the deja vus and mindreadings easier. It could also be something else but this is one phenomena known to those familiar with astrology.

I'd say no. What you're describing is simply confirmation bias - you remember the instances this happens, but don't remember the thousands of times it doesn't happen.

As for the coin flip thing, you have to figure that everyone is going to be right 50% of the time, that's simple probability. You being at 70% (if you really are, have you formally tested it?) really isn't all that extraordinary.

But, hey, if you can read people's minds, James Randi and a few others around the world have a couple million dollars just for the taking if you can prove it.

• Like 2

Hi, Rafterman has basically explained it and so has Mikko, you are (unfortunately not ) sorry, to say...not special.

But as pointed out, if you work on a cunning plan you could make few million out of it.

• Like 1

And I just wanna add, you know best what it is because you experience it, not us. Dont let anyone convince you otherwise. Being open to what it can be though, should be a good thing, both the mundane and extraordinary explanations. If it's the phenomena I described, then you might be able to tap into it at will, but there's no quarantee it'll work every time unless you have a sense of how other people are living their life right now. Better take things as they are, not as someone says they're supposed to be.

There is also the fact to be considered that we all pick up subconscious signals (inflections, postures, gestures, etc.) as well as we know the people and how they are likely to think, and finally just simple context gives us clues.

I am not one to say mind reading is impossible, but I have to ask just what is it we read. If someone were to penetrate my mind, as sometimes described in fiction, they would find a jumbled mess of all sorts of thoughts jumping here and there, along with impressions and moods and images and whatnot. To their end it would seem like nothing other than static. I would have to focus hard to help them out -- something in most cases I would not be willing to do.

• Like 1

Hi,

My experience and my understanding about those things is that you are evolving greater awareness.

What is this called does anybody know?

I would call it awakening to a greater reality.

Does this actually mean anything?

I see those things as examples of telepathy.

Do I have some kind of powers or something?

Every human has special powers that are beyond their logical perception. Most have no real interest in discovering or evolving them.

If yes, how do I practice it?

That would depend on your personal inner guidance. We are all unique and guided in different ways.

John

Thanks to everybody for their answers! You helped me to understand. :)

Just keep an open mind, but don't fool yourself. :tsu: