Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizens blatanly ignore shutdown of parks

spartan max2

Can not access link.

Why close the sites off anyway? I do not see any of those people causing damage.

• Like 2

A country for the people by the people.

• Like 5

Still can not access link, saying too many redirects, maybe my tablet thing.

But anyway, no one has a right to dictate to others about when they can or cannot walk through a park without a good reason, and without being able to access the link, I do not know if the reason is valid.

A country for the people by the people.

If only my friend...if only....

P.S. when i worked at intel we only had 8" wafers :P

Just read the sign, federal government shut down.

NOPE, not valid.

Ditto supervike.

governments still seem to fail at realizing people will do what they want when they want and a tiny piece of paper on a fence isnt going to change that, good on these people, political move? indeed and a stupid one IMO

• Like 3

And if something were to happen to them while at these parks, I'm quite sure they'd all sue. Cuz that's how we roll. B)

• Like 4

And if something were to happen to them while at these parks, I'm quite sure they'd all sue. Cuz that's how we roll. B)

Not I, i take responsibility for my own actions....we don't all roll that way :tu:

• Like 4

A few days ago a tourist fell thirty feet off a local narrow mountain trail in the national park. He was fairly seriously injured and had to be rescued, which isn't unusual around here. It was reported that he could be fined $500 or jailed for six months.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Sorry here it is again

http://www.buzzfeed....overnments-dema

But yeah closing the parks was dumb its just a political move.

But-but-but Ninjadud will come on and tell you how everyone is a disrespectful vandal and the parks and monuments must be protected from the people that actually pay to maintain them...you know...those people called taxpayers...

• Like 2

While I resent being told that I am barred from visiting parks that my tax dollars helped fund I am also not fond of the idea of being violently accosted, arrested, tazed or pepper sprayed by police who were also funded by my tax dollars.

When you have a gun pointed in your face you have no choice.

• Like 2

I will only say, that the real us government has declared the parks open.

• Like 2

If only my friend...if only....

P.S. when i worked at intel we only had 8" wafers :P

We're going to be going to 18 inch pretty soon. Need a job, we're hiring!!

Why close the sites off anyway?

Because it's against the 1884 law that says government employees will be jailed for spending any money not authorized be Congress.

But yeah closing the parks was dumb its just a political move.

But anyway, no one has a right to dictate to others about when they can or cannot walk through a park without a good reason, and without being able to access the link, I do not know if the reason is valid.

But-but-but Ninjadud will come on and tell you how everyone is a disrespectful vandal and the parks and monuments must be protected from the people that actually pay to maintain them...you know...those people called taxpayers...

While I resent being told that I am barred from visiting parks that my tax dollars helped fund

Because it's against the 1884 law that says government employees will be jailed for spending any money not authorized by Congress.

Edited by ninjadude

My sister and bro-in-law just took a once in a lifetime trip out west to visit 3 national parks... the week the govt. closed them all.

I hope they snuck into some and got to see things. They're unlikely to get another chance.

The American national parks are nice enough, but way too crowded and expensive. America has lots of beautiful places that are free. (By the way, what happened to "the home of the free?"

The American national parks are nice enough, but way too crowded and expensive. America has lots of beautiful places that are free. (By the way, what happened to "the home of the free?"

Yes, if you want to stay within a few yards of the parking lot they are crowded. But with thousands of square miles of national park forests you can walk for days and not see a soul. There is no fee to visit a great many of them unless you are camping in a designated area or visiting a tourist trap.

Edited by Michelle

Yes, if you want to stay within a few yards of the parking lot they are crowded. But with thousands of square miles of national park forests you can walk for days and not see a soul. There is no fee to visit a great many of them unless you are camping in a designated area or visiting a tourist trap.

Hmm; last time I went (quite a few years ago) it cost me fifty dollars just to drive through.

Hmm; last time I went (quite a few years ago) it cost me fifty dollars just to drive through.

Where was this?