Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizens blatanly ignore shutdown of parks

spartan max2

Huh, it just occurred to me that if they don't get this settled soon.... there are going to be a lot of ski resorts that don't open in Washington state this winter. While they're privately operated, they have leases with the National Forest Service that I'm betting will run into some kind of snag with getting those resorts open.

We're also hearing a LOT of serious problems with the ATF out here in that we have a very large and thriving craft industry for beer, wine and spirits and since the feds aren't doing label approvals, distribution of new labels has completely ceased. This is starting to impact the local economies out here.

Additionally, we're starting to see a lot of home sales fall through as well since no VA/FHA/ or USDA loans are going through and there's no way to verify social security numbers (which is required by law) and other order out verifications are stalled. Great... I'm suppose to put my house on the market in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

You have a weird idea of how law enforcement does its job. Clue: random patrols are a minor part of it and only deter, not prevent.

Considering I grew up near a national park, that was a major hangout for the local kids and where many of them lost their virginity, I know how much it deters. We knew that place like the back of our hands and we had no problem avoiding park rangers at all. That was the place to go when skipping school or smoking a little pot knowing we wouldn't be bothered. About the only thing we didn't do there was vandalize anything or leave any trash.

• Like 3

Considering I grew up near a national park, that was a major hangout for the local kids and where many of them lost their virginity, I know how much it deters. We knew that place like the back of our hands and we had no problem avoiding park rangers at all. That was the place to go when skipping school or smoking a little pot knowing we wouldn't be bothered. About the only thing we didn't do there was vandalize anything or leave any trash.

Lol sounds like the same **** our park got used for

• Like 2

Lol sounds like the same **** our park got used for

Some things don't change over the years. :whistle:

• Like 2

I took the family out west this summer. Badlands/Mount Rushmore/ Yellowstone/ Grand Canyon. Had they been closed, I would go in anyway. They should just classify them as "essential".

• Like 1

I will only say, that the real us government has declared the parks open.

indeed, if it wasnt so violent id be happy if the barter system was back and there was no government, but i can imagine the chaos

Civil disobedience is good. Keep them on their toes. :tu:

• Like 2