Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military building real-life Iron Man suit

UM-Bot

Tony Stark's sophisticated robot suit may soon be more than just the subject of movies and comics.

U. S. Special Operations Command Chief Adm. William McRaven has put forward plans to develop a unique form of combat armor that would turn the tide in any battle. Refrred to as the Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit ( TALOS ), the armor would provide a number of benefits to the wearer.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256007/us-military-building-real-life-iron-man-suit

If we could only invest equally into an "intelliman" suit which would foster superior intellect and allow the wearer to empathize for critical thinking, gain perspective by enumerating viable options, and goal set for rational outcomes.

• Like 2

Why does the military need bulky everything. These super soldier suits are not gonna be cheap, so it will only be used for "special" occaisions cause they just aren't going to hand them out to everyday cannon fodder.

• Like 1

"Based on a special type of material that can switch between solid and liquid when exposed to an electrical current, ..."

Would like to know more about that. I can think of some cool applications.

I don't think they really going to get that past the budget, human beings are cheap and expendable. They aren't going to put a guy in a million dollar suit when they can pay off his family with 100,000 when he dies.

• Like 1

I wonder if Adm. McRaven will be the first to try it out under a heavy fire, intense battle situation if and when it comes to fruition!

This would be cool,if they made this

i dunno.....if i was an american tax payer, i'd be majorly pi**ed off to see my money go into stupid military "innovations" like that.....

We all know that the next war will be a drone war. Didn't the US committed to have a high percentage of Robot warrior before the end of this decade, well before they got broke at least!

• Like 1

I don't think they really going to get that past the budget, human beings are cheap and expendable. They aren't going to put a guy in a million dollar suit when they can pay off his family with 100,000 when he dies.

Tell that to the families who had service men killed in action!

Tell that to the families who had service men killed in action!

I didn't say it was right, but it is the reality of war.

Tony Stark's sophisticated robot suit may soon be more than just the subject of movies and comics.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...e-iron-man-suit

There were rumors about such armor (obviously less high tech however) back when I was in the Army 20 years ago. They're probably just dusting off old technology and putting modern electronics and materials into it.

I've heard of the pizo reactive fluids. Also there are supposed to be pressure reactive fluids that go from soft and flexible to steel hard whenever a significant amount of force impacts the fluid. I'd rather go with a automatic reactive fluid then a sensor activated fluid myself.

I've always believed that these kinds of humanoid armors would bypass the human rider and go straight to Terminator style robots. Just as with the aerial drones, no human pilot is at risk with remote piloting.

Thats well said. Without second of empathy. Ah Darwinism.

Please tell me the next thing they're making is Captain America's super soldier serum...

Trillions of dollars in debt? Meh, let's build novelty army suits...

Put him on one of those metal horses with a machine gun for a head and let any army in existence withstand such a charge!

Trillions of dollars in debt? Meh, let's build novelty army suits...

Actually it's the spending restrictions that are motivating things like this -- make each individual soldier more effective since the singularly most expensive part of the army are the soldiers.
  • Like 1