Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it time for Obama to give back his Nobel?

questionmark

Thank you for participating in my little experiment. You continually imply that anyone who complains about Obama or his politics are racist and yet when the tables are turned you can clearly see how ridiculous it is. You reacted quite predictably.

From the first post of your experiment I was think wtf? I thought we lost ya.

• Like 1

From the first post of your experiment I was think wtf? I thought we lost ya.

I didn't have any doubt a lot of people would think I had gone off the deep end. :ph34r:

• Like 1

The States accomplished something no one thought possible, and it was Obama who brought it about. This was genuine history -- something that will be remembered long after the details of Obama's presidency are forgotten. No one else could have done it.

All the after-the-fact sniping is just petty and small and foolish, with a nice big whiff of racism built in. And if the Peace Prize doesn't mean anything, why the fuss?

? you seem to think that he got elected during the 60's or something. Everyone could easily imagine a black person becoming president at the time Obama was running. If it wasn't Obama then some year it would of been some other black guy.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Obama was elected, in my personal belief, because of his skin color.

His demographic saw the opportunity and blindly voted for him.

His election was historical - I will not say it wasn't - especially given the history of the United States.

However, given Obama's further racial division of America, it contradicts his credit for 'unifying' the country, as it were.

I don't think he's done much to earn that Nobel Peace Prize.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

I think he was voted in because he is incredibly charimatic, smart, and is a fantastic politician.

He was voted in because he offered a breath of fresh air in what had been years of stale air in power. I don't deny his skin color added to that whole package, and probably got communities that traditionally low vote to show up at the polls. But, I hardly think skin color was the only, or anywhere near the top reasons he was elected.

My take on if he was deserving or not, is that the decision was not up to him. The important part is that the Nobel folks thought he deserved it, but it seems it had little to do with him being the first black pres. Here is an interesting internet thing:

This is a question that seems to call for opinions, but first, a few facts. Barack Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because the committee believed he had already demonstrated a willingness to engage in diplomacy, and to reach out to the world community, rather than just using "tough talk"-- the committee believed President Bush had been far too bellicose in his rhetoric, and they saw in Barack Obama a new era in communication between countries. As the committee stated in

their press release, he was given the award for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

I think it was based more on the hopes of the international community than anything.

I don't think Obama's accepting the award was a problem at all... I do, however find it funny that no one seems to care about this award one way or the other (me included) until there is some controversy about it. And how better to get any sort of controversy than to bring up Mr. Prez' name.

He shouldn't give it back any more the movie FARGO should have to give back the Oscar it won for best screenplay.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

No, but Putin should had gotten the Peace Prize for 2013 because he stopped the US from being stupid by getting into another conflict that has already been going for a couple years. The US should stop all the billions they send out to all sorts of countries and fix their own problems at home first using those funds! Also stop all lobbying in Washington DC - and especially by Israel (who want to start conflicts and expect the US to come in and help once started or try to clean up Israel's global major racist warmongering stupidity).

Edited by datdemdar

I reacted sensibly and don't retract a thing. The opposition to Obama having the Nobel prize does have a racist smell to it

OMG dude that's crazy

Obama was elected, in my personal belief, because of his skin color.

Looking at the votes, ~90% of blacks voted for Obama. That put him over the top, you're right.

I think he was voted in because he is incredibly charimatic, smart, and is a fantastic politician.

He was voted in because he offered a breath of fresh air in what had been years of stale air in power. I don't deny his skin color added to that whole package, and probably got communities that traditionally low vote to show up at the polls. But, I hardly think skin color was the only, or anywhere near the top reasons he was elected.

My take on if he was deserving or not, is that the decision was not up to him. The important part is that the Nobel folks thought he deserved it, but it seems it had little to do with him being the first black pres. Here is an interesting internet thing:

This is a question that seems to call for opinions, but first, a few facts. Barack Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because the committee believed he had already demonstrated a willingness to engage in diplomacy, and to reach out to the world community, rather than just using "tough talk"-- the committee believed President Bush had been far too bellicose in his rhetoric, and they saw in Barack Obama a new era in communication between countries. As the committee stated in

their press release, he was given the award for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Well, then, there you have it, the final answer. Does anyone still think he deserved it, if those were the reasons?

Well then, exactly. In fact, they should have a ceremony to publicly strip him of it, like when a soldier's decorations are taken away if he's dishonoured the nation. The only reason he didn't plunge the country into a new war was because he was so hopeless that he couldn't generate enough support for, and that is, to be sure, quite an achievement,. :-/

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh