Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen is given a 'pay-rise'

Commander CMG

• Monarch set to be given £37.9million next year, up from £31million this year
  • The Queen is said to be down to her 'last million'
  • But spending on Royal Household has fallen in last 20 years, claims report

arrow3.gifView: Read more

My heart bleeds,wouldn't it suck if she had to use some of her Vast personal wealth.

• Like 1

So I guess the gruel ration in the workhouses will have to be cut to pay for this. Poor little Oliver Twist certainly won't be getting more :cry:

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 2

Yeah well the subjects are hardy folk, sure they can pitch in a little for the greater good, aye?

I'd rather Her Maj (Gawd bless 'er) got it than the likes of this parasitic moron!..............

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435720/If-I-want-50-children-I-will-and-you-can-pay-says-benefits-dad

The most effective cuts to make in these cases are the two that seperate the epididymi from the ejaculatory ducts! (With a butter knife!)

• Like 1

Yeah well the subjects are hardy folk, sure they can pitch in a little for the greater good, aye?

Take it out of the Overseas Aid budget!

• Like 1

Why not tax us to death a little more? We won't complain.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

im still supirsed the womans alive, when she comes to canada she looks like a feature from the walking dead no offence, its not like she goes to tgi fridays what the hell she need money for? keep the money for the people i say!

• Like 1

Why not tax us to death a little more? We won't complain.

because that would be to nice, most governments like to be cruel and cut jobs and then whine about the economy after words, or start a b.s war and then complain about the repercussions after words XD gotta love the world we live in!

I'd rather Her Maj (Gawd bless 'er) got it than the likes of this parasitic moron!..............

http://www.express.c...ys-benefits-dad

The most effective cuts to make in these cases are the two that seperate the epididymi from the ejaculatory ducts! (With a butter knife!)

I have resisted posting this story because it winds me up.

When I think about the crap I have gone through so individuals like this can live like they do, giving nothing back to the community or the country. What benefit is he to this country, people like him and his no hoper wife should be sterilized… and they wonder why we have less kids now willing to sign up to fight for this country when parasites and immigrants are the only ones that benefit.

• Like 1

are immagrants really that bad?

• Like 1

Take it out of the Overseas Aid budget!

Oh come on, surely everyone can pinch a little. I think she should receive double the increase, just because it's so great to have her here yet another day. Priceless! Isn't it just right to give your money away to the rich?

• Like 1

are immagrants really that bad?

Just about as bad as the Human right laws.. They compliment each other perfectly.

• Like 1

Oh come on, surely everyone can pinch a little. I think she should receive double the increase, just because it's so great to have her here yet another day. Priceless! Isn't it just right to give your money away to the rich?

i love helping to get officials fast sports cars and mansions because i surley wouldnt like them my self!

Yes, so do I. She has an enormous work-load for a woman of her age!

Yes, so do I. She has an enormous work-load for a woman of her age!

That's a choice at this point. She could have handed the reigns off ages ago. I hate it when the very well compensated management where I work talk like martyrs because of how many hours they put in before the drive thier Jaguars home to thier 2 million dollar homes. Poor poor them. It's a choice.

She should sell off some of the priceless art or antique funiture her family has accumulated over the years to help her kingdom by paying for her household for a while. Anything but this.

• Like 2

That's a choice at this point. She could have handed the reigns off ages ago. I hate it when the very well compensated management where I work talk like martyrs because of how many hours they put in before the drive thier Jaguars home to thier 2 million dollar homes. Poor poor them. It's a choice.

She should sell off some of the priceless art or antique funiture her family has accumulated over the years to help her kingdom by paying for her household for a while. Anything but this.

Well said Sir.

• Like 1

agreed

if shes really having a hard time because of her age than retire, 38 mill pounds is 76 million here, thats a pretty decent salary if you ask me XD

I suspect that much of that is paid for security costs. In the U.S., current Presidents and former Presidents don't pay for their security costs. Albeit, Presidents are elected.

That said, a President can also choose to be elected, a Queen cannot.

I disagree; those are national treasures.

The British don't seem to appreciate what a wonderful thing they have in their royalty and seem to want to become as bourgeois as the Germans or Americans.

• Like 1

Quote...

'The palace insists most of its extra cash will be spent on a ‘massive backlog’ of repairs to royal palaces, which the Queen holds in trust on behalf of the nation.'

If I get a fully furnished council house can I live there rent free?...After all I will be holding it in trust on behalf of the nation!

Edited by zebra99
  • Like 2

Quote...

'The palace insists most of its extra cash will be spent on a ‘massive backlog’ of repairs to royal palaces, which the Queen holds in trust on behalf of the nation.'

If I get a fully furnished council house can I live there rent free?...After all I will be holding it in trust on behalf of the nation!

Well she has slipped to 12th on the Forbes list and at 10.74 Billion she really must be struggling.

Guess they will have to Whip the Peasants a little harder to Squeaze more taxes. :gun:

• Like 2

these news pieces always bashing the Royal Family are unbelievable. they always seek to bash the Royal Family and what better way to do it, than to give the impression the Queen / Royal Family is getting a rise when everyone else is tightening their belts. look deeper. the Royal family hold meetings engagements, diplomats, dignitaries heads of governments/ states this all costs money and who pays us is the answer, these functions dont come cheap and this is why the Queen is getting a rise the Queen isn't pocketing the money. the cost of hosting these dinners/ functions and all the splendor and pomp that goes with it runs into the millions lets not even start on the buildings, castles all historic building's which are used as a backdrop to host these events are not cheap to run.

does anyone expect the Queen on behalf of the country to pay for all this out of her own pocket. i'd like those who've criticised - to do the same work, just think for one second, you've been asked host an event on behalf of the country, you are to host all heads associates and dignitaries of the commonwealth countries. 400 hundred people are invited. would you expect the UK government to fund the event, am sure you would. because this is all thats happening with this rise for Queen. when the Queen played host to the President of the United States of America and his family it cost 6.9 million for that three day visit. now multiply this for the year and all these other events on our behalf.

the Queen owns Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House. - the rest such as Buckingham palace is owned by the state, held in sovereign for use by the Monarchy. much the same as number 10 Downing street is, for use by the Prime minister, with that said, the running cost for the Queens residents come out of the Queens 'budget'

• Like 1

No it's not.... In this case it's called duty, and it's a continuance of the promise she made when she first became Queen.