Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare enrollee numbers embarrassingly low

F3SS

THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE REPORTEDLY SIGNED UP FOR OBAMACARE IS EMBARRASSINGLY LOW

Approximately 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during healthcare.gov’s first week online, according to an exclusive report from The Daily Mail.

This may signal a serious problem.

The Congressional Budget Office said it needs at least 7 million enrollees during the open enrollment period, which is slated to last six months, to keep the massive new health care law financially stable.

----

“These numbers reflect what we all know: Obamacare is a disaster,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told MailOnline. “It is time for the president to admit Obamacare is not working and that the American people deserve better.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/11/the-number-of-people-who-have-reportedly-signed-up-for-obamacare-is-embarrassingly-low/

• Like 4

Embarrassingly low number = Look into the camera and LIE !

"We don't know how many people have signed up."

Really? Are you sure about that? Do we have - STUPID - written on our foreheads ?

• Like 1

Seriously, health and human services don't have the numbers. Their noses continue to grow.

• Like 3

Seriously, health and human services don't have the numbers. Their noses continue to grow.

Kathleen Sebelius ran into more trouble in Pittsburgh, Heinz Field.

People tried in vain to sign up. - Out of Order -

Just shut the whole thing down and try again in 1 year.

If the numbers are true, is it because ACA is fundamentally flawed or because of the media blitz suggesting ACA is fundamentally flawed?

It is a relatively simple matter preventing people from doing something which may benefit them, by convincing them it isn't via propaganda.

If the numbers are true, is it because ACA is fundamentally flawed or because of the media blitz suggesting ACA is fundamentally flawed?

It is a relatively simple matter preventing people from doing something which may benefit them, by convincing them it isn't via propaganda.

They chose the wrong website design.

Experts say they need to shut it down and start over from scratch.

No way man. 75% of the media has been in the game faithfully to support it.

He's the truths: 1. If it isn't a military operation the government can't run squat efficiently. 2. The bs line that the overwhelming majority of the people want this has been merely a sales pitch based on nothing, a marketing scheme. 3. The 30 million people who "could never get health insurance" actually don't really care or know enough to care or above all actually want it.

51,000 people is, I think, 1/6 of one percent of the 30 million people dying to get health insurance, pun intended. As per the op, at this rate, assuming consistency, in 1 year only about 3% of all these poor souls will enroll and only about 15% of the amount needed to actually gap fund this disaster. Furthermore, it'll take 33 years to enroll 30 million people. It's a train wreck and the caboose was rigged to derail right from the get go so the overwhelmingly confident powers that be can try and sell US a rescue plan involving a complete takeover.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

We need to stop calling this monstrosity "Obamacare" and call it by it's real name Rockefellercare......

Link: http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/why-do-they-keep-calling-it-obamacare.html'>http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/why-do-they-keep-calling-it-obamacare.html

Here is a link to the PDF of the memo:

Link: http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/2007/0108HRCHealthcareRockefeller_0.pdf

Seriously read this....

• Like 1

Really?

It seems to me that "75% of the mainstream media has been in the game" supporting the Dems stance on the current govt deadlock. But that does not constitute support of the ACA itself. Most of what I have heard regarding the actual legislation in the media has been long on criticism and pointing out flaws, but short on pointing out benefits and how to actually make ACA work for you.

In other words, making headlines from bad news - because it's more profitable.

Edited by Leonardo

Really?

It seems to me that "75% of the mainstream media has been in the game" supporting the Dems stance on the current govt deadlock. But that does not constitute support of the ACA itself. Most of what I have heard regarding the actual legislation in the media has been long on criticism and pointing out flaws, but short on pointing out benefits and how to actually make ACA work for you.

In other words, making headlines from bad news - because it's more profitable.

It's been long on criticism because it isfull of flaws and short on benefits. But you're insane if you think that for the last several years the MSM pundits having been gleefully accepting of the ACA while completely blind on its aspects.

I made up 75% but it's not unreasonable.

CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, most of Hollywood and the largest news websites have all been swinging on obamas nuts and everything he does and says. On the other hand there is FOX and old as can be media Talk Radio to support the right.

• Like 2

It's been long on criticism because it isfull of flaws and short on benefits. But you're insane if you think that for the last several years the MSM pundits having been gleefully accepting of the ACA while completely blind on its aspects.

I made up 75% but it's not unreasonable.

CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, most of Hollywood and the largest news websites have all been swinging on obamas nuts and everything he does and says. On the other hand there is FOX and old as can be media Talk Radio to support the right.

I am not arguing for the media to not point out flaws, I am arguing for media to also accept when something does happen, they have a responsibility to provide the public with information - and that includes information about how to make that something work for them, not just information criticising it because that contributes more to their coffers or meets a political aim that is not in the remit of a free press to endorse.

And yes, that last applies to press which has a political bias towards either 'side'.

There was a skit on SNL on the debate between Hillary and Obama that I tried to find the video of for a laugh. It showed the moderator asking Hillary impossible questions and constantly interrupting her answers. Obama was asked idiotic questions that any sixth grader can answer while fawning over his every word. The only thing I found was that it had been pulled due to "copyright infringement".

http://newsbusters.o...it-favors-Obama

Shocking innit?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

He's the truths: 1. If it isn't a military operation the government can't run squat efficiently. 2. The bs line that the overwhelming majority of the people want this has been merely a sales pitch based on nothing, a marketing scheme. 3. The 30 million people who "could never get health insurance" actually don't really care or know enough to care or above all actually want it.

51,000 people is, I think, 1/6 of one percent of the 30 million people dying to get health insurance, pun intended. As per the op, at this rate, assuming consistency, in 1 year only about 3% of all these poor souls will enroll and only about 15% of the amount needed to actually gap fund this disaster. Furthermore, it'll take 33 years to enroll 30 million people. It's a train wreck and the caboose was rigged to derail right from the get go so the overwhelmingly confident powers that be can try and sell US a rescue plan involving a complete takeover.

Yes, i think it's called the old Bait and Switch.

"Okay, ObamaCare was a train wreck. Lets just switch to the Canadian Public Option instead !"

Creating ObamaCare is sort of like Obama inviting every American to fly to Disneyworld but failing to tell us that the plane will crash into

the theme park.

Or it could simply be that many people unable to afford health insurance are also unable to afford to own a computer and get online to enroll. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

Or it could simply be that many people unable to afford health insurance are also unable to afford to own a computer and get online to enroll.

The details of the Bronze Plan gave them sticker shock.

Americans are running away from ObamaCare.

I think that is part of the problem. If you have to sign up online and don't have a computer, and when you get to the library and get your allotted hour to use a computer and can't even get onto the site in that hour, how the heck can a person sign up who needs the healthcare program?

• Like 4

Well Fess, not to bust your bubble but Maryland alone has reported 25,000 confirmed accounts and the majority of those people between 25 and 35. Sounds like a good start to me given the access problems at the beginning of the week.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

The numbers are also probably low because after trying to login at first with too many people trying at the same time the website couldn't handle it and now sensible people are waiting a few weeks until it slows down a bit. That's my reason anyways. I'm looking to see if I can get care equivalent to what I have less than 800 each month.

The details of the Bronze Plan gave them sticker shock.

Americans are running away from ObamaCare.

That CANNOT BE! Just ask Ninja Dude - he'll tell you quite quickly that it's guaranteed to bring prices down! :w00t:
  • Like 2

Guess, I am not suprised, no one even bothered to read or comment on my post from the previous page....

Hillarycare...Romneycare....Obamacare....Same thing, different name....It's really Rockefellercare.....

Link: http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/2007/0108HRCHealthcareRockefeller_0.pdf

This following breaks the document down for you...

Link: http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/why-do-they-keep-calling-it-obamacare.html

How do we know that Hillarycare is actually Rockefellercare? Well, just by chance. In early 2008, Judicial Watch published a memorandum that the Clinton Library was forced to release under the Freedom of Information Act. The 24-page memo shines a spotlight on Hillary’s little-known relationship with America’s mightiest oil and banking dynasty of robber barons. Dated May 26, 1993 and addressed to “Hillary Rodham Clinton”, the memo came from Senator John D. Rockefeller IV of West Virginia — better known as Jay Rockefeller — whose robber baron great-grandfather founded Standard Oil.

The memo lays out a detailed strategy for pushing the “Clinton Reform Plan” for universal health coverage. In it, Rockefeller snaps orders at Hillary in the imperious tones of a man used to expecting full obedience from his servants.

Jay orders Hillary to get tough on critics of the health plan by resorting to dirty tricks. “Impeach the credibility of opponents,” he writes. “Portray them as ‘perpetrators,’ ‘paid lobbyists’ and purveyors of ‘ideological extremism’ and assign investigators to conduct ‘opposition research’ on them and expose their ‘lifestyles.’” And he finishes by ordering, “Do not allow them even one day without scrutiny.”[3]

Further indication that the Rockefellers were the ones secretly pushing Hillarycare is that the head of Hillary’s health care reform commission —a.k.a. the President's Task Force on National Health Care Reform— was none other than Ira Magaziner, a long-time agent of the Rockefellers. Magaziner was the one the Rockefellers assigned the task of crafting the Clinton administration’s proposal for “managed competition” among health plans purchased through regional “health alliances.”

Granted, the current health care in the U.S. is the most expensive in the world, and it is not the best as some Republican brainwashers claim.[4] But, as you may expect, the Rockefellers’ goal is not to provide cheaper and better medical care for Americans, but a disguised government subvention to enrich even more Big Pharma, Big Med and Big Insurance.[5]

• Like 2

That CANNOT BE! Just ask Ninja Dude - he'll tell you quite quickly that it's guaranteed to bring prices down! :w00t:

Just last night in another thread someone said that affordability is the crux of this bill. Who'd argue that? Well, ninja did. He said affordability is not the main concern of the law. I know it used to be. It's the friggin affordability act!

Well Fess, not to bust your bubble but Maryland alone has reported 25,000 confirmed accounts and the majority of those people between 25 and 35. Sounds like a good start to me given the access problems at the beginning of the week.

Nice try man. 25,000 accounts have been created. Now you know that's not the same as enrolling in the program.

Guess, I am not suprised, no one even bothered to read or comment on my post from the previous page....

Easy girl, I read it. NWO stuff is interesting but I never know what to say about it. It's not surprising though. The end game is in that article is pretty much the top down bottom up squeezing of the middle class we've always said this law was. Next to that, I've always had a hunch this law probably had its roots in a Jeckyl Island meeting a hundred years ago.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 3

Easy girl, I read it. NWO stuff is interesting but I never know what to say about it. It's not surprising though. The end game is in that article is pretty much the top down bottom up squeezing of the middle class we've always said this law was. Next to that, I've always had a hunch this law probably had its roots in a Jeckyl Island meeting a hundred years ago.

I know the feeling. But, Judicial Watch are the same people who broke this mega story....

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/23/defense-department-guide-calls-founding-fathers-extremist/

So, it's not something, that was manufactured or anything....That is a REAL memo! :(

Nice try man. 25,000 accounts have been created. Now you know that's not the same as enrolling in the program.

My turn, then.

Bloomberg are reporting that 28,699 people have enrolled in California, and 40,000 enrolled in New York.

I make those two more in total than the Daily Mail's claim for the entire program.