Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare enrollee numbers embarrassingly low

F3SS

I know the feeling. But, Judicial Watch are the same people who broke this mega story....

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/23/defense-department-guide-calls-founding-fathers-extremist/

So, it's not something, that was manufactured or anything....That is a REAL memo! :(

Oh I didn't think it was made up. I just get lost for words when it comes to the NWO. I get a real helpless feeling when trying to accept a dark nefarious force of mega-billionaires who control the world.

• Like 1

Oh...so maybe the number is closer to 100,000....oh wow....that sure makes a difference when the goal was to get 30 million uninsured people signed up....serious fail.

fail01_zpscf6bd15c.jpg

1b8dd0f3-15f5-4e14-85d3-772ee74b5986_zps582d2270.jpg

When they can say they have signed up 10 percent of the target....I'll take notice....

• Like 1

It was 25,000 before it was 70,000. I'm guessing the numbers will continue to go up, but how high? How are the people who sign up for it (who need it) going to afford to pay for it when they can't afford to pay for it? It's a card trick, put money down a hole and when it's siphoned out it's suddenly affordable! Obamacare is going to make health care more expensive, and it's the taxpayers are going to be left holding the bag.

Since nobody including Republicans give two spits to the wind about how insolvent Medicare is ("fixing health care" would address that first and foremost), since simply tweaking Medicaid to cover up some holes wasn't good enough without forcing government intrusion into the insurance industry even farther with another Act of Congress, nothing is being done to address the real problem, we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic and saying we did something, as usual.

• Like 2

It's a card trick, put money down a hole

you really don't understand how insurance works, do you? Do you actually have any?

Obamacare is going to make health care more expensive

nope. Already turning the cost curve downward.

I can't wait to see how this develops out. It's like a slow motion trainwreck...can't take your eyes off of it...

popcorn_zps0e4871ef.gif

There is no such thing as a free lunch and until they rein in the actual cost of healthcare (office visits, hospital stays and medication) then there is only one way for this to go...up-up and away!

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Oh...so maybe the number is closer to 100,000....oh wow....that sure makes a difference when the goal was to get 30 million uninsured people signed up....serious fail.

Well, there's a big difference between eligibility and expected uptake. The CBO forecast for uptake is actually 6 million for 2014 expanding to 22 million by 2017.

Also - 70k for two states at the end of the first week only scales up to 100k for all of them now? Seems a bit on the low side, given that just scaling those two states for an additional 4 days would give you 110k on their own (@ 10K a day).

When they can say they have signed up 10 percent of the target....I'll take notice....

10% of 6 Million is 600k.

600k should take about two months, so roughly the start of 2014 - if we're just talking those two states.

I expect the other 48 might surprise us and pitch in a few signups between now and then, as well.

• Like 2

From Burts article

Jay orders Hillary to get tough on critics of the health plan by resorting to dirty tricks. “Impeach the credibility of opponents,” he writes. “Portray them as ‘perpetrators,’ ‘paid lobbyists’ and purveyors of ‘ideological extremism’ and assign investigators to conduct ‘opposition research’ on them and expose their ‘lifestyles.’” And he finishes by ordering, “Do not allow them even one day without scrutiny.”[3]

Looks like 0bama is taking the same marching orders from his masters. He called the tea party extremists just the other day.

• Like 2

Looks like 0bama is taking the same marching orders from his masters. He called the tea party extremists just the other day.

Yep. Obama is a good puppet.....

• Like 1

From Burts article

He often uses words like hostage, extortion and hijack when speaking of them. That might be his true feelings but don't think those words aren't scripted.

• Like 2

He often uses words like hostage, extortion and hijack when speaking of them. That might be his true feelings but don't think those words aren't scripted.

It's not working. They should change their tune.

Insults aside, Charles Krauthammer says that the Republicans have a powerful trump card : The Debt Ceiling.

Keep burning the midnight oil over at the White House.

Insults aside, Charles Krauthammer says that the Republicans have a powerful trump card : The Debt Ceiling.

First, I have to ask if that is actually a real name? :blink: Because it's historical meaning could be considered quite derogatory to a certain group of people.

Second, the Debt Ceiling is as much a problem to the Republicans (perhaps more, given the current climate in public perception) as it is to the Democrats. Don't let political spin in the media convince you otherwise.

It's a real name and the Germans are tough. They don't need coddled by political correctness.

• Like 1

First, I have to ask if that is actually a real name? :blink: Because it's historical meaning could be considered quite derogatory to a certain group of people.

Second, the Debt Ceiling is as much a problem to the Republicans (perhaps more, given the current climate in public perception) as it is to the Democrats. Don't let political spin in the media convince you otherwise.

Debt Ceiling = Japan and China yelling at Obama "Pay our T-Note interest payments !"

There will be an 11th Hour Compromise.

It's a real name and the Germans are tough. They don't need coddled by political correctness.

BTW, Charles Krauthammer has someone new at the table with him. It's George Will !

He defected from ABC. :tu:

Debt Ceiling = Japan and China yelling at Obama "Pay our T-Note interest payments !"

There will be an 11th Hour Compromise.

Yes, without the tea party. It has been sidelined while the rest of the hill is discussing a bill to pass next week that will meet with Obama's approval in which both sides give a little. Spin over.

Yes, without the tea party. It has been sidelined while the rest of the hill is discussing a bill to pass next week that will meet with Obama's approval in which both sides give a little. Spin over.

We will know more at the 11th hour.

Expect 1 Year Drop Kick of ObamaCare + a CR.

Or it could simply be that many people unable to afford health insurance are also unable to afford to own a computer and get online to enroll.

Most such people are already on Medicaid and thus don't need to enroll in Obamacare.

Harte

My turn, then.

Bloomberg are reporting that 28,699 people have enrolled in California, and 40,000 enrolled in New York.

From your link:

Almost 2.7 million New Yorkers don’t have health insurance and more than 1 million will get coverage through the exchange, the state said on its website. The 40,000 figure reported is for people who completed the full application process and were found eligible for an insurance plan.

Since you have to establish an account in order to view prices and see what kind of subsidy you are eligible for, the above still is not any indication that even a single soul signed up - at least in New York.

Maybe they all did, I have no idea. But your linked article doesn't say so.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Yes....repeal the medical device tax... those manufacturers and the Pharmaceutical companies are not making enough money off of the patients yet...they need more-more-more!

sarcasm01_zps98959ad9.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Yes....repeal the medical device tax... those manufacturers and the Pharmaceutical companies are not making enough money off of the patients yet...they need more-more-more!

sarcasm01_zps98959ad9.jpg

It's "Just Another Tax ".

Speaker Boehner will stand firm.

The current Obama Script says - meet, say no to everything, then throw it to the senate.

It appears Harry has a plan.

It's "Just Another Tax ".

Speaker Boehner will stand firm.

The current Obama Script says - meet, say no to everything, then throw it to the senate.

It appears Harry has a plan.

It may be news to you, but they don't need Boehner. All they need is the 17 GOP members of Congress about to loose their jobs if the standoff continues.

It may be news to you, but they don't need Boehner. All they need is the 17 GOP members of Congress about to loose their jobs if the standoff continues.

Someone has handed them all a script.

Politicians are just ugly actors.

Scene 23 has begun in the Senate. Cut and Print

Okay, now lets go to the House again.

Does everybody have their script for the Sunday Talk Shows? Meet the Press, Fox News Sunday etc....

From your link:

Since you have to establish an account in order to view prices and see what kind of subsidy you are eligible for, the above still is not any indication that even a single soul signed up - at least in New York.

Maybe they all did, I have no idea. But your linked article doesn't say so.

Harte

I see.

What do you think that the words in the first sentence of the article - "California said 28,699 people were signed up in the state’s health-insurance exchange in the first week, while New York had more than 40,000 sign up" mean?