Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive cyclone headed for India

Simbi Laveau

Wow, gusts up to 180 mph! That's equivalent to a super typhoon. I've been through several of those, and they're not fun. My heart goes out to those people.

• Like 3

The death toll from such a storm in that country could be staggering. God be with them.

• Like 3

I hope it fizzles before it does any real damage. I know, that's not likely but it would be a nice change.

• Like 2

They had one decades ago, almost as big, and 10,000 people died.

• Like 1

Prayers their way! It would be something if there was zero deaths. Let's hope.

• Like 2

so far, the death toll looks low. i don't think anyone can call it "good", but it's a relief to see things not going horribly in the world. hopefully the recovery effort will go well.

They say it's deteriorated sin e hitting land, but that not saying much given it was half the size of India.

How is that even possible

http://www.weather.c...hailin-20131010

I think the Indian government, the military and the meteorological dept. did a good job. Things happened almost exactly how the IMD had predicted, the location and the intensity were as it had been foretold. The death toll was less, although around 50 people died in a stampede somewhere. Later on, the government officials had like smirks on their faces, and blamed the media during a press conference for causing panic and ultimately, for the deaths. And it wasn't much of a lie though a bit of an exaggeration, the stampede was indeed a result of the panic and confusion due to the speculations and all, the government did actually evacuate thousands of people anyways as precaution. Overall, the entire country cheered the government for its actions. It's kind of a nice change when politicians and government employees (of any nation) atleast do their jobs efficiently, in spite of having their own unique faults, yeah?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Frank, I just heard you all in Vietnam are in for a cat 2 cyclone from that cat 5 that hit the Philippines. My heart goes out to the people in the Philippines.