Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On the "E" at Delphi

Bouzanis K.

Delphi%20E--.GIF.jpg?psid=1

The "E" of Delphi

By Bouzanis K.

Plutarch, ancient biographer and philosopher from Chaeronea in Boeotia (46-127 AD) who served as lord of Delphi, will deal with "of Delphi E" without, however, becoming particularly illustrative. The description of the famous inscription at Delphi, according to tradition, came from the wooden pediment at the prehistoric temple of Apollo and, when recording and reading it needed the Palaiogrammiko System of Writing & Reading and experience of the alteration of letters and, possibly, nothing not meant of the trisection.

Imagine, then, the triangular pediment with the "Know thyself" and "nothing in excess" symmetrical, right and left, and the "E" or "H", "the presiding those" at the top. An index of suspicion in, literate visitor without the "E" had in front of him an incomplete palindrome inscription!

ΓΝΘ ΣΤ ΜΔΝ Γ

with the missing point: "T"! Completed the inscription:

ΓΝΘ ΣΤ Τ* ΜΔΝ Γ

ΓΝωΘι ΣαυΤον οΤι ΜηΔεΝ αΓαν or

ΓΝωΘι ΣαυΤον Το ΜηΔεΝ αΓαν

In free translation: Learn it! Meet it! Tell yourself that even the "nothing" is "too much"!

If we lift the veil of poetic art and fiction, we will distinguish the Pythona**, the trade, the trade station of Delphi who, when it declined gave its place to the spirit, namely at the Apollonian light, and there founded an ancient university with departments: Philosophy***, Strategic Studies as well as department of Personal & International Affairs****, with a global reach.

* see: Τhe Common, Ikonogrammaton and Paleogrammikon Alphabet of Ancient World.

** Python = carious, putrid (decadent).

*** from the pediment of the temple and the known Delphic Οrders.

**** the Oracle.

I asked a question that is quite valid.

I asked What ' Paleogrammikon' meant.

Mr. Bouzanis answered that it is a system for reading, developed prior to the Linear A & B scripts.

I asked Why is that references to " Paleogrammikon" not found anywhere on the net except for sites and links to Mr. Bouzanis' website?

my question vanishes.

Could anyone please tell me why?

And could Mr. Bouzanis answer my second query???

To friend ΣΠαΡΤιαΤη,

Because at first suspension seemed: ΓΝώΘι ΣαυΤόν όΤι ΜηΔέΝ άΓαν or ΓΝώΘι ΣαυΤόν Το ΜηΔέΝ άΓαν

I requested by the Moderator (kmt_sesh) to be deleted it and, then, it was repeated.

"Historically, a Greek view was always an interesting viewpoint!"

My work is a new proposal and comes to correct the weaknesses of modern views. (Like this can be characterized!)

a ΛαΚων

No. i am not going to get away that easy!!

Please state whether the Ikonogrammaton and Paleogrammikon Alphabet is accepted by other linguists or is it your own theory.

if they are accepted by other linguists, why are there no studies on them?

Why are there no papers on them? in journals?

Even i can cook up some methodology to read scratches and call it as acceptable. but to myself.

Edited by The_Spartan

I'm still not sure what it is the OP is about. I read Plutarch's "On the E at Delphi", but it seems to me that the three wall writings are well understood to be Thought Provocations, for religous pilgims to reflect on.

Has anybody said "It's all Greek to me" yet? :innocent:

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

No. i am not going to get away that easy!!

Please state whether the Ikonogrammaton and Paleogrammikon Alphabet is accepted by other linguists or is it your own theory.

if they are accepted by other linguists, why are there no studies on them?

Why are there no papers on them? in journals?

Even i can cook up some methodology to read scratches and call it as acceptable. but to myself.

I don't claim to be a linguist, but I do try to keep up with the field and keep an eye on the field's journals. Can't say I ever heard any of this [ahem] theory before.

But then again, you've already done the Google thing, and you don't need me to tell you that.

--Jaylemurph

To my friends and my students:

It's a new proposal, a personal proposal, and comes to correct the weaknesses of modern views. It's a product multiannual research and toil! I'm Teacher, I will try to convince you!

Basic requirement, for someone, to follow my teaching is the knowledge of Reference Language of human speech. Is the Greek. For more information go to my website:

http://users.sch.gr/kim1954

Do not forget it. "Historically, a Greek view was always an interesting viewpoint!"

The relevant my teaching unfolds in Lesson 1 and will be completed soon. Caution ! The texts are presented, first in Greek ( with Greek flag) and then in English ( with the English flag). Caution! Perhaps the automatical translation, it does google, can be much worse than mine below.

I know that Teaching will be a journey! one Homeric travel, an Odyssey!

a Greek, from Laconia

oh yeah.i should beware of greeks bearing new alphabets!

To my friends and my students:

It's a new proposal, a personal proposal, and comes to correct the weaknesses of modern views. It's a product multiannual research and toil! I'm Teacher, I will try to convince you!

Basic requirement, for someone, to follow my teaching is the knowledge of Reference Language of human speech. Is the Greek. For more information go to my website:

http://users.sch.gr/...h.gr/kim1954

Do not forget it. "Historically, a Greek view was always an interesting viewpoint!"

The relevant my teaching unfolds in Lesson 1 and will be completed soon. Caution ! The texts are presented, first in Greek ( with Greek flag) and then in English ( with the English flag). Caution! Perhaps the automatical translation, it does google, can be much worse than mine below.

I know that Teaching will be a journey! one Homeric travel, an Odyssey!

a Greek, from Laconia

...it's not us you need to be convincing, but respected linguists. Although I would suggest that if you have a hard time convincing us lay persons (and I fear, alas, you are), convincing professionals is apt to be more onerous).

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

...it's not us you need to be convincing, but respected linguists. Although I would suggest that if you have a hard time convincing us lay persons (and I fear, alas, you are), convincing professionals is apt to be more onerous).

--Jaylemurph

WORD!