Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs spotted hovering over a smoking ship

UM-Bot

A video has appeared online showing unusual lights in the sky above a boat off the California coast.

Little is known about the origins of the video save for some brief details claiming that the footage was filmed in September. The cameraman appears to be located on a beach looking across the ocean at a ship that seems to have run in to some trouble with smoke billowing from the hull.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256159/ufos-spotted-hovering-over-a-smoking-ship

has anyone thought to check with the Coastguard, assuming there's anyone in at the moment, whether there've been any cargo ships in difficulty off California recently? Anyway, the smoke's clearly coming from the funnell or smokestack. If it is in any difficulty, it looks as if it'd be more for contravening emissions regulations.

• Like 2

Nice another video from a source with over 100 ufo vids on their channel, please sir, may I have some more? What came to mind was that they were emergency flares, thanks to the description. But the lights didnt have the conventional gravity drag that flares are subject to.

I just saw this exact same video a few weeks ago. this isn't new and it didn't happen very recently. this is old news. seems a lot of earlier videos/photos are circulating broadcasting as new videos when they're not. Besides, flares go up, linger a bit and disappear. Unlike the video, they stay in formation (3) of them, and then though one light does go down, the other two float upwards after having been hovering for a while... very unlike a flare.

Edited by trudoug

Some lights faded out while a couple of them moved up at an angle. Don't know if flares do that. Need to find out about the ship and study the video by a pro for credibility.

Chrzls can decipher this video I am sure.

If a merchant ship was in difficulty, they wouldn't use flares, that's what radios are for these days. If there had been a merchant ship on fire off California any time recently, it would have been in the news. Have there been any such reports?

• Like 1

A video has appeared online showing unusual lights in the sky above a boat off the California coast.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-a-smoking-ship

Looknowtv + Thirdphaseofmoon = Blake and Brent Cousins!....Well known UFO hoaxers from Hawaii!

http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/2/post/2013/07/hawaii-ufo-hoaxers-thirdphaseofmoon-debunked.html

.....and here's a few more to look out for...

StephenHannardADGUK

jcattera

jfrissina

crazybreakingnews

8118th

xxxdonutzxxx

NDestinationUnknown

Thirdphaseofmoon

iMaxCash

OmegaUfoChannel

SkyQuakes2012

TheUFOlogyTV

galaxymusic69

Jerry Cohen

...by all means, enjoy their efforts...but please don't be silly enough to put any stock at all in their 'productions'! :td:

Cheers.

Edited by 1963
  • Like 3

YouTube should post a Warning;

Submitting false or inaccurate UFO reports on UM will get you spanked by their keen members.

• Like 2

Thanks for the HEads up 1963 ! It does seem like a standard among these Hoaxers ,You-Tube seems to release without any tags or proof of publication ,source ect Info ? :tu:

unlike justDONTEATUS :innocent: LOL

• Like 1

The ship seems to be having a few problems and some of the people have done the sensible thing and got into the lifeboats and let off flares. They would not all have a radio each, but would have flares. The way they are falling indicate exactly that...flares.

Hope the person taking the vid had the sense to inform the coastguards, although it is highly likely the ship would have done that too. Note it is difficult to tell how far away from the ship the lifeboats are hence the reason they are using the flares, because they could already be miles away.

I watched the waves to be sure none of it was being plyed backward. But, with a clear line at the horizon, it probably would be easy to mish mash the top part to make the flares do whatever you wanted. If the creater of the video is as much a UFO youtuber, as has been infered, doubtless he has such software and this is Fake, fake, fake.

At this point, they are either cg lights, flares that don't follow the laws of gravity or genuine UFOs. I'm going with UFO since I can't tell what they are.

• Like 1

The ship seems to be having a few problems and some of the people have done the sensible thing and got into the lifeboats and let off flares. They would not all have a radio each, but would have flares. The way they are falling indicate exactly that...flares.

Hope the person taking the vid had the sense to inform the coastguards, although it is highly likely the ship would have done that too. Note it is difficult to tell how far away from the ship the lifeboats are hence the reason they are using the flares, because they could already be miles away.

I haven't seen anything about any merchant ship in distress anywhere off California recently, there's nothing on Go Ogle of anything of the sort apart from this video. The location and the date are as usual irritatingly vague,

• Like 2

looknowTV = autofake. Look at his video. SOOOOOOOO FAKE. DOnt even need to analyze this, I can already tell those UFOs are made from glowing solids in After effects.

I do not propose to know much about flares, but if flares of this type have parachutes and they are over a burning ship, is it possible that heat/updrafts could provide lift to the flares?

• Like 1

Interpreting this at face value .... watch the plume of smoke and follow its progression through the snippet. It begins as quite dark and eventually goes to a light shade. This event occurs when large diesels are started and may also occur, to a lesser extent, under hard acceleration. So, I might argue we may not be seeing a ship in distress. As to the glowing balls, 25 mm marine parachute flares will burn upwards to 30 seconds and reach an altitude of 1000 ft. Now, if the flares were fired more towards the camera, rather than completely vertical, we might expect to see a what appears to be a more erratic flight pattern given the perspective. But, why multiple flares?

That is a good point with the smoke cloud. You're probably right that it is probably starting up from a cold start and that is why there is so much smoke.

The flares I think were added later.

EDIT: Also the smoke is heading away almost horizontal, if these were flares we'd see them drifting quickly in the same direction as the smoke.

Edited by DieChecker