Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When Airships And Blimps Ruled The Skies

Still Waters

At the turn of the 20th century planes were still in their infancy, but people still wanted to get off the ground and go somewhere while doing it. That's when everybody got into blimps, and their rigid cousins, airships. And goddamn were they pretty.

http://jalopnik.com/...d-th-1444551031

• Like 1

I do wish that there was an airship travel service, especially now that they no longer use hydrogen as a lift agent...

I would take an airship over a plane any day, unless I was in an absolute hurry, or high winds was an issue...

"Not in a particular hurry? Want to ENJOY getting there? Come float with us!"

• Like 1

I do wish that there was an airship travel service, especially now that they no longer use hydrogen as a lift agent...

I would take an airship over a plane any day, unless I was in an absolute hurry, or high winds was an issue...

"Not in a particular hurry? Want to ENJOY getting there? Come float with us!"

The US Navy would disagree with you, they had two with helium and both ended in an accident. The only thing that is half way secure enough so far are the blimps.

In the world Jasper Fforde created, airships are the main mode of transportation. It would definitely be ideal.

Ah yesss... taking the train to the lighter-than-airfield. The Zombie Meme.