Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boeing Charges U.S. for New Copter Parts

questionmark

Boeing Co. (BA) charged the U.S. Army for new helicopter parts while installing used ones, the Pentagon’s inspector general said, in the latest of four audits since 2008 that found excessive or unjustified payments on Boeing defense contracts.

“Boeing significantly overstated estimates” of new components needed for CH-47F Chinook helicopters and “primarily installed used parts instead” under a $4.4 billion contract awarded in 2008, according to the report, labeled “For Official Use Only” and obtained by Bloomberg News

While used parts were allowed in some circumstances, the July 16 report found that the company overcharged the U.S. Army by as much as $16.6 million by exaggerating how many new ones were required while installing refurbished equipment salvaged from old aircraft. The report also faults defense agencies and military services for lax negotiations and contract management.

Read more

The toilet bucket saga all over again?

• Like 1

Dang. That's disturbing.

Captain to 747 passengers: Greetings and welcome aboard. You might be pleased to know that 80% of the aircraft parts are refurbished for environmental concerns and company profit. Please have a safe and happy flight with us.

Ohh THIS is why businesses should be allowed to regulate themselves, now I understand it.

• Like 2

"The four audits since 2008, which involved different contracts and circumstances, all found that the Army and Pentagon need to bolster their ability to go toe-to-toe with Boeing in complex negotiations, said Henry Kleinknecht, the inspector general’s former director for pricing and logistics, who managed the audits of Boeing parts until he retired last year. "

Four separate instances of theft at the local level with different contracts and circumstances?

it could be just a theft on local level, not something company did on purpose.

You keep telling yourself that one Aztek, once you convince yourself, you can try and convince me ;)

• Like 1

i didn't say it is, i said it could be. or it could not be.

but 1 thing is for sure, someone paid someone off to close their eyes to this. there is no way neither army nor boeing reps, saw used parts installed isntead of new ones.

• Like 1