Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Haunted TV Show

Abominable Snowman

I just want to know your views on this. I really love the show the cast and crew not to mention the places they visited. I realise Derek Acorah wasn't who he portrayed himself to me. But how about the rest. Does anyone know the full story?

Anyone mind filling me in on the whole Derek acorah fiasco?

I think it can be summed up in one word: fake

• Like 1

It has been proven that Derek is a fake.

http://www.mirror.co...ake-star-833433

But I must say as a comedy act, he is second to none.

Have you seen this bit yet, its a cracker!!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ[/media]

And to be quite honest, anyone who would take Yvette Fielding along to a ghost hunt, deserved a straight jacket.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Yep hes a fake, filmed an episode of ghost towns (another crappy series he did)in my home town and was pressing my friend (a local historian working on the show) for names, details etc. When he refused to give him details he took off to the local library to "do some research“ Also one of the most arrogant and rude men you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

No kidding? Thought for sure they were done for good. I'll give it a look just to see the locations.

More of " OMG, did you hear that?" while something is supposed to be going on but you can't hear because she won't shut her yap. :w00t:

I find her quite attractive in a weird way, HATE stuart, hes a right pillock.

If you put Yvette Fielding and Zak Bagans in a room and locked the door, which one do you think would survive?

Edited by Antilles

Bagans. He would get fed up with Yvette hogging the spotlight with her "OMG, did you hear that?" and any screaming she did.

He would do a Vine video real quick, then kick in the door to get out. He is a right arrogant little tart himself.

I could spend hours watching the crew on Most Haunted scare themselves silly. But as pointed out, the constant chatter over whatever "noise" they heard was getting to be old. If you want to viewers to be able to see and hear any of your evidence or experiences, then you need to put a sock in it, keep some tape handy or only remove your hand from your mouth when necessary.

To me, a paranormal investigation is somewhat pointless if you and your team can't be quiet for longer than twenty seconds at a stretch.

But I will give the new season/series of Most Haunted a looky.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll take Bilbo Bagans over Yvette. :D

• Like 1

I'd put Most Haunted on a par with Finding Bigfoot. Both useless and pointless.

Bagans at least, I think, does believe that there is something else out there. Fielding, well, I just wish a ghost would find her and do something to her. Or with her. I'd be happy to watch either.

I have yet to see one that was worth watching except for entertainment and not for insight into the paranormal.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Caught the new Most Haunted last night. My word, it hasn't bloody changed!

Slightly different mob, a new screamer/ makeup lady, a "demonologist" who seems to be the expert in spooks and gives warnings not to have a go at the spirits, and for some reason a pop band was a special guest. Slight difference this time around was they are leaving some lights on. Makes it more easy to watch because frankly green tinted night vision is a real PITA. However.... We're still getting: "Oh look! There's something over there!" And the camera then looks at Yvette and not whatever's making an appearence.

Same old bloody show...

• 8 months later...

I used to watch when there wasn't anything else on. I didn't like all their freak out reactions to the slightest thing, then they would make it into something huge. There were so many people with them. They were in castles. Castles have huge rooms and it always looked like they were all sardines crammed in a can. You couldn't see around the room, or anything. When I watched the next season, I saw the lady was making a pretty penny off the show as she was always wearing an expensive fur coat. I never cared for Derek Acorah, I have a hard time believing any T.V. psychic. They went to Leap Castle and asked him if he had any prior knowledge about the place and he said no. That is one of the most famous castles in the world and your saying you've never read up on it? Yeah right.

• 3 months later...

I love Most Haunted. I've been watching it since not long after it started in 2002. The new series, which has just finished, was brilliant, apart from the fact that, for some reason, they don't have any mediums on the show now telling us what spirits they are picking up. I don't know why they've done away with the mediums. But some of the episodes in this latest series have been fantastic. The most memorable bit for me was when Yvette, Karl, Stuart and the team visited Wentworth Woodhouse in South Yorkshire - the largest private house in Europe - and they were stood at the top a vast spiral staircase that led downwards into the darkness and they kept hearing what sounded like somebody whistling down at the bottom of the stairs. Yvette then started whilstling different tunes and asked the phantom whistler to copy it, which it did nearly every time without fail. They were left gobsmacked. It's moments like that which make me love Most Haunted and which make we think about maybe going on a Most Haunted-style ghost hunt one night.

c377348c48f11d09f8ce0de69abf42ef.jpg

Edited by Black Monk

It's definitely one of the worst ones. I've never seen anything supernatural, only close ups of their faces screeching on while something bangs/creaks in the background. I liked it when i was about 15yrs old.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I would say that some of it is real but most is fake.

The only part of it that i believe is te start when the mediam does his part in the show

Its an entertaining show I suppose if youve got nothing else to do but for me, the new series lacked the spark of the original. I never trusted Derek from the start way back in...and began to get fed up with nothing amazing happening. Even those live shows were let downs.

If anyone has read Derran Browns book entitled Tricks of the Mind, you`ll come across a pub that the Most Haunted team visited. Here, the team experience ghostly goings on with Derek describing the pubs resident spook in great detail. The landlord later admitted that he had made it all up to pull in more punters and was surprised when Most Haunted got in touch. He was shocked to hear Derek repeating the same background story that he had made up many moons ago - and passed on to his punters!

There's a place near me where you can pay a paranormal team to let you use their equipment and spend the night in a haunted location. I wanted to go but $150 per person ...I dunno, I wasn't feeling it at the time but maybe next time. Anyways, I think it's a pretty cool idea for those that always think paranormal researchers are fake because in this case you could see for yourself.

However with this particular show, I never liked it from day 1. I don't ever like to say "I don't believe" because I prefer to keep an open mind. But I can't have an open mind when it comes to Psychics..etc and this guy just came off as very fake to me and the article from the mirror is enough for me not to invest any further.

But I do believe TAPS is or at least was real, at least the early seasons and there were some investigations they showed that were not haunted and was actually boring to watch...that's a good sign for me because theatrics for every episode is just too good to be true. There is no way a paranormal team can always come up with anything very interesting and some shows have too much interesting all too often.

The ghost asylum show, that is fake as all hell. I don't have proof so it's just my speculation. I believe if your going to cry fake, you should at least provide evidence of such fakery...but for TV we don't have much to go on.