Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Ready to Ease Iran Sanctions

Yamato

* U.S., EU sanctions officials attend nuclear talks with Iran

* Washington, Tehran cautiously optimistic for progress

* West will demand Iran takes steps to ease weapons concerns

By Louis Charbonneau and Justyna Pawlak

GENEVA, Oct 14 (Reuters) - The United States held out the prospect of quick sanctions relief for Iran on Monday if Tehran moves swiftly to allay concerns about its nuclear programme, although both countries said any deal would be complex and take time.

Six world powers - the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany - are to hold talks with Iran on its nuclear programme in Geneva on Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-ready-ease-iran-sanctions-191056548.html

It's about time that Netanyahu's fear propaganda doesn't stand as the pretense for punitive economic policy. As in Egypt, I'm encouraged by these potential changes in foreign policy and I'm glad to have so many countries coming together on this.

After the situation with Syria this doesn't come as much of a surprise. Bibi's bluff with us AND his own party is being called. Interesting days...

After the situation with Syria this doesn't come as much of a surprise. Bibi's bluff with us AND his own party is being called. Interesting days...

Yep,bluff and guff.

Edited by shaddow134

Yep,bluff and guff.

Maybe... but it also wouldn't surprise me to wake up to news that it was ON, either...

Does "Bibi" also run France, Russia, China, Germany etc? What's this have to do with Bibi or bluffing, I don't see it. Why shouldn't Bibi welcome this news?

Maybe... but it also wouldn't surprise me to wake up to news that it was ON, either...

I very much doubt that.

Does "Bibi" also run France, Russia, China, Germany etc? What's this have to do with Bibi or bluffing, I don't see it. Why shouldn't Bibi welcome this news?

Because Isreal hasn't got a clue when it comes down to Diplomacy.The Military solution is their only answer to everything.

So predictable.

They haven't attacked Iran,Bullies rarely pick on anyone their own size.

Edited by shaddow134

Your question makes no sense. Who said ANYTHING about those other countries Yam? I simply said that after Obama acted as he did in Syria there was no surprise that he would take the easy way out in Iran as well. Ignoring the potential long term dangers for a short term lessening of tensions so that he doesn't really have to make tough decisions or actually be a leader. Bibi BELIEVES, apparently, that Iran wants to destroy his country and people. He leads those people ergo he wants to keep them safe, yes? He BELIEVES that Iran's capacity to enrich uranium will always leave them in a position to build a weapon - at a time of their choosing. WHY in this world would he be relieved that his major ally just made that possible? Attend a moment Yam - I said HE BELIEVES - not you, and HE is the leader of Israel so.. meh.. he might have a differing opinion.

Because Isreal hasn't got a clue when it comes down to Diplomacy.The Military solution is their only answer to everything.

So predictable.

They haven't attacked Iran,Bullies rarely pick on anyone their own size.

Bully? You know, shadow, Israel could kick the living SHITHE out of any of her neighbors on any given day - and that includes Egypt or Syria. They could probably win a war against all of them at once if they set aside all the rules and fought savagely - even without nukes. It gets to be sickening hearing people spew trash about them and frankly I hope someday they DO stand up for themselves and show the world that they TOO have a right to live and to be exactly where they are and don't give a damn who likes it or doesn't.

Iran IS a very large nation and Israel would be foolish to instigate a war of aggression against them but a war of self defense is quite another matter isn't it? It's the very idea of Iran's size that makes the bullying charge so ridiculous.

With more than 10 X the population and resources, what in hell is Iran doing threatening the Jewish state with annihilation to begin with?

http://www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/dec_2001/rafsanjani_nuke_threats_141201.htm

So, who, exactly is bullying who?

Iran IS a very large nation and Israel would be foolish to instigate a war of aggression against them but a war of self defense is quite another matter isn't it

Precisely,thats why Bibi isn't rushing to attack them despite all his bluster.

Edited by shaddow134

Could it be that the extremely rapid spread of information and knowlege via the internet is going to force peace upon the world? 20 years ago the USA would have bombed the daylights out of Syria with public support because the only side of the story we would have had was the official story. Now we shout down our own leaders cries for war and see them for what they are. Soon will come a reckoning and then the evil system that has enslaved us will be gone for a time.

• Like 1

Your question makes no sense. Who said ANYTHING about those other countries Yam? I simply said that after Obama acted as he did in Syria there was no surprise that he would take the easy way out in Iran as well. Ignoring the potential long term dangers for a short term lessening of tensions so that he doesn't really have to make tough decisions or actually be a leader. Bibi BELIEVES, apparently, that Iran wants to destroy his country and people. He leads those people ergo he wants to keep them safe, yes? He BELIEVES that Iran's capacity to enrich uranium will always leave them in a position to build a weapon - at a time of their choosing. WHY in this world would he be relieved that his major ally just made that possible? Attend a moment Yam - I said HE BELIEVES - not you, and HE is the leader of Israel so.. meh.. he might have a differing opinion.

I asked the question because this has nothing to do with "Bibi". Why dump a pile of "beliefs" of Bibi into this discussion? Discussing Bibi's beliefs in a topic like this suggests that what Bibi believes is true. The liar should be ignored. Unless his beliefs somehow matter to the OP, I don't understand why you even brought them up. A Zion-approved change of subject I guess...

Our history of foreign policy towards Iran has been a disgrace since 1953. Of course they don't like us very much, that's just a rational emotional human response. I would dislike any foreign country that did to me what the US has done to them.

If we make a true effort to befriend Iran, we can have another friend in the world. That would be a salve to western-Muslim relations that would reach across the world. Even the neocons would get a gummy bear on this deal because it would make sure SE Asia doesn't get a near monopoly on Middle Eastern oil east of Saudi Arabia. Our current policy stinks so badly, it's a win-win-win to change it.

I asked the question because this has nothing to do with "Bibi". Why dump a pile of "beliefs" of Bibi into this discussion? Discussing Bibi's beliefs in a topic like this suggests that what Bibi believes is true. The liar should be ignored. Unless his beliefs somehow matter to the OP, I don't understand why you even brought them up. A Zion-approved change of subject I guess...

Our history of foreign policy towards Iran has been a disgrace since 1953. Of course they don't like us very much, that's just a rational emotional human response. I would dislike any foreign country that did to me what the US has done to them.

If we make a true effort to befriend Iran, we can have another friend in the world. That would be a salve to western-Muslim relations that would reach across the world. Even the neocons would get a gummy bear on this deal because it would make sure SE Asia doesn't get a near monopoly on Middle Eastern oil east of Saudi Arabia. Our current policy stinks so badly, it's a win-win-win to change it.

You will forgive my strenuous leap in logic from the topic by inserting the facts that 1 Bibi has yelled "existential threat" to anyone who'd listen for YEARS and 2 That now that apparently Obama is going to collapse the negotiations and just wave the white flag for the Iranians, Bibi might have to actually follow through or found to be full of hot air.

See, not so hard if you actually READ my posts instead of glancing, prejudging and launching into a diatribe, yes?

You will forgive my strenuous leap in logic from the topic by inserting the facts that 1 Bibi has yelled "existential threat" to anyone who'd listen for YEARS and 2 That now that apparently Obama is going to collapse the negotiations and just wave the white flag for the Iranians, Bibi might have to actually follow through or found to be full of hot air.

See, not so hard if you actually READ my posts instead of glancing, prejudging and launching into a diatribe, yes?

A fact like "Bibi" yelling "existential threat" for years is supposed to mean what to this story, exactly? Yes, he's lost political credibility, probably because he's a liar! I don't know what else I'm supposed to conclude about Bibi based on the facts you brought in?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15635476

No wonder France is on-topic here.

There is something going on. The 'U.S.' is suddenly stepping back . The Syria strike idea went nowhere fast. (for a change) The drone hits are being questioned. .. and now, talks with Iran instead of threats and punitive (for what?) sanctions. Why this sudden pull back in rhetoric and possibly actions? At first I thought it might be a matter of mounting pressure from WORLD public opinion ... but it must be something more critical... maybe the eminent fall of the Dollar as the main vehicle of world trade?

A fact like "Bibi" yelling "existential threat" for years is supposed to mean what to this story, exactly? Yes, he's lost political credibility, probably because he's a liar! I don't know what else I'm supposed to conclude about Bibi based on the facts you brought in?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-15635476

No wonder France is on-topic here.

It means...that Obama WILL ease the sanctions. Bibi WILL be called on his words. IF he was bluffing then he'll look the fool and I really don't care what he does at this point. I just get sick of the mind numbed cattle who keep lowing about Iran not wanting nukes, not building nukes, not DREAMING of acquiring nukes. It's a load or BS and any semi rational person will at LEAST consider the possibility instead of banging the drum for the left. Frankly Yam I consider people who simply dismiss this threat out of hand - as someone who IS the problem not someone who is trying to evaluate it rationally. And I have your take on it so if we can discuss the POTENTIAL of where it COULD head? Edited by and then

It means...that Obama WILL ease the sanctions. Bibi WILL be called on his words. IF he was bluffing then he'll look the fool and I really don't care what he does at this point. I just get sick of the mind numbed cattle who keep lowing about Iran not wanting nukes, not building nukes, not DREAMING of acquiring nukes. It's a load or BS and any semi rational person will at LEAST consider the possibility instead of banging the drum for the left. Frankly Yam I consider people who simply dismiss this threat out of hand - as someone who IS the problem not someone who is trying to evaluate it rationally. And I have your take on it so if we can discuss the POTENTIAL of where it COULD head?

I don't care how "Bibi" looks, that's not going to determine what I think.

Looking at it rationally means looking at the evidence, and there is no evidence.

Wanting! Building! Dreaming of acquiring!

None of these actions is digestible to a hardcore Zionist such as yourself. As if, Iranians can't even want a nuke! Don't even DREAM about it, Goldberg! Errhm, Ghassem! Looking at the crap Iran's been putting up with since 1953 I am almost sure some of them do want a nuclear deterrent.

It takes an extreme amount of militancy to want to police Iran's emotions now. The epitome of statism. If you'll fight over religion in the 21st century, you'll fight over anything.

Edited by Yamato

I don't care how "Bibi" looks, that's not going to determine what I think.

Looking at it rationally means looking at the evidence, and there is no evidence.

Wanting! Building! Dreaming of acquiring!

None of these actions is digestible to a hardcore Zionist such as yourself. As if, Iranians can't even want a nuke! Don't even DREAM about it, Goldberg! Errhm, Ghassem! Looking at the crap Iran's been putting up with since 1953 I am almost sure some of them do want a nuclear deterrent.

It takes an extreme amount of militancy to want to police Iran's emotions now. The epitome of statism. If you'll fight over religion in the 21st century, you'll fight over anything.

Relax Yam! Whatever happens will happen. Just try not to break anything crawfishing out of the way when you're proven wrong someday.

ETA: Just curious... why would the Iranians need to bury a peaceful enrichment process so deep in hardened buildings? Why enrich with THOUSANDS of centrifuges when hundreds would easily fill the needs of a peaceful program? No evidence?

Edited by and then

Relax Yam! Whatever happens will happen. Just try not to break anything crawfishing out of the way when you're proven wrong someday.

You post 10x more about the welfare of Israel than I do so this is your care and concern, not mine.

If the Zionist war mongers don't get their way, we won't go to war in Iran for Israel next. That's my interest. Not seeing my country get hit in another 9/11 style terrorist attack because of our foreign policy with Israel, is another.

You post 10x more about the welfare of Israel than I do so this is your care and concern, not mine.

If the Zionist war mongers don't get their way, we won't go to war in Iran for Israel next. That's my interest. Not seeing my country get hit in another 9/11 style terrorist attack because of our foreign policy with Israel, is another.

Good to know where you stand.
  • Like 1

I think the Supreme leader won't like this, I dont think he even likes America, never did.

Years of cheating on our wives and beating them up and we determine household policy based on the fact that our wives don't like us very much. She can't even want a divorce and if she does, we'll have to punish her for it. That's foreign policy with Iran in a nutshell.

• Like 1

Good to know where you stand.

If you somehow didn't know where I stand, what were you missing?

ETA: Just curious... why would the Iranians need to bury a peaceful enrichment process so deep in hardened buildings? Why enrich with THOUSANDS of centrifuges when hundreds would easily fill the needs of a peaceful program? No evidence?

Because your Zionist ears have wax in them and haven't heard all those threats that Israel has made against Iran for all these years. There's plenty of evidence. There's just no weapons program in Iran, it's in Israel. You're dropping your little tirade bombs on the wrong country.

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind the fact that Ayatollah Khamenei issued a Fatwa against nuclear weapons and they take that guy pretty seriously over in Iran.

• Like 1

Never mind the fact that Ayatollah Khamenei issued a Fatwa against nuclear weapons and they take that guy pretty seriously over in Iran.

Yes he has made a public statement. But there has been no evidence of such a statement recorded and attributed to him.

From Wiki:

While the fatwa is widely discussed and accepted by US and other international officials,[55] some have questioned whether the fatwa could be an example of taqiyya (dissimulation), or might be changed and even reversed by Khamenei in the future (as then-Supreme Leader AyatollahKhomeini did during the Iran-Iraq war to his doctrinal ban on indiscriminate weapon, ordering the resumption of research into the development of nuclear bombs[56]). Others — specifically the pro-Israeli MEMRI institute — have questioned the fatwa's actual existence, stating that while the Islamic Republic has often mentioned it, no fatwa on the subject appears on the official websites of Supreme Leader,[57] or in lists made by supporters of Khamenei's past fatwa,[58] or mentions of the ban on the use of nuclear weapons.[57] Taquiyya is an accepted political and military strategy of Shia Islam. But one need not even explore that possibility to see that they are intent on building the capacity to assemble nukes. Electric power stations are built in the open, not hidden. Countries do not spend vast sums of wealth and endure massive damage to their economies and political strength just to generate electricity do they? Or bury such production means below ground? Any rational person who isn't making excuses for this regime has to square those facts with the claims of mere electricity generation. The argument that Iran ISN'T working to acquire a bomb is unsustainable and when they actually decide to break out there are going to be many here with egg on their faces. The argument will then be that Iran has that right so what's the big deal? It's just a lack of integrity as far as I can see. If one supports Iran as a nuclear power then no harm, no foul. I happen to think it will be an overall VERY bad turn for the world but hey, we've been on a rollercoaster for a few years now so why should we worry about a few more scary turns :)