Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prehistoric blood-filled mosquito discovered

UM-Bot

A fossilized mosquito filled with blood has been found that dates back over 46 million years.

The discovery is the first of its kind anywhere in the world and represents an intriguing step towards the ideas outlined in the movie Jurassic Park in which DNA from blood retrieved from a prehistoric insect trapped in amber is used to create modern day dinosaurs.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256237/prehistoric-blood-filled-mosquito-discovered

Someone tell them up front not to use frog DNA to fill in the gaps.

• Like 4

So, I suppose this find also answers the question as to which came first, that the mosquito preceded the homo erectus swat.

• Like 1

So, I suppose this find also answers the question as to which came first, that the mosquito preceded the homo erectus swat.

lol. That was funny.

Bring them back to life! I dream of a day where a father and son wakes at 4 am, put on the camo, grab a cup of coffe and jump in an old, beat up, pickup truck. They enter the forest early and begin calling with a T-Rexanator game call. A twig in the silence snaps! Then theres running and screaming and praying, GOD!!! what was I thinking!

Edited by maximusnow
  • Like 1

Someone tell them up front not to use frog DNA to fill in the gaps.

Oh, yeah. Ooooo, ahhhhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.

• Like 1

Don't forget the part where the sneaky govt guy, that got them into this, gets eaten.

I'm no palaeontologist, but isn't 46 million years a bit recent for us to start planning cages for T-Rex's etc? At that age, the blood's more likely to have come from a hippo or a camel.

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

I'm no palaeontologist, but isn't 46 million years a bit recent for us to start planning cages for T-Rex's etc? At that age, the blood's more likely to have come from a hippo or a camel.

That is true. Classical dino's were long extinct before the mosquito even came around, and the blood likely came from a thin skin bird(dino descendants), or some dead carcass of some other animal as you described.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

My dreams dashed again. Hav always hoped they could resurrect the dinos

Heck no! Ancient alien! Or possibly a Dimaitherium.

Very cool great find Dino DNA has a life span for 500 years or something like that but what if they could make Dino dna

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Dinosaurs eat man...