Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA: death of unborn panda cub is a 'relief'

Still Waters

Animal rights campaigners have claimed that it is a "relief" that Edinburgh Zoo's giant panda Tian Tian has lost her cub.

http://www.telegraph...s-a-relief.html

Edinburgh Zoo pandas: Sadness as Tian Tian loses cub

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-fife-24533978

• Like 1

Oh god.... These people are all nuts.

I had someone say they would rather some species end up extinct rather than live in captivity.

I know it sucks they aren't in the wild, but until poacher fools all become extinct, it may be the only way to save tigers, lions and elephants, as well as many others.

Man killing these animals IN THE WILD, is the problem, not man trying to save a species

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

This is awful. I'm not a big zoo person because I do think the animals belong in the wild. That being said, to say that the loss of such an endangered animal is a good thing is insane. Poaching isn't the only problem either; with the global population of humans growing so quickly, the habitats of animals are being lost along with the animal. If there is no habitat to release them back into, where would you put them? In the zoos. I would never want a species to be completely lost to the world but there must be a better solution than zoos. Next time you go, watch the big cats and wolves and elephants. They aren't merely animals but a reflection of ALL species. There must be a better way.

PETA is all about PETA. They are obviously NOT actually concerned about the welfare and safety of animals because if they were then they would help out and maybe offer ideas or just support for those trying to save a species.

Yeah, I know that zoo's are not the greatest place either but we have to start somewhere.

It is sad the poor momma panda lost her baby before it could be born; I wonder why they are so difficult to breed much less be born?

Maybe they are very sensitive to stress?

Anyway, I hope the panda will have better luck next time and I hope there will be organizations out there that are actually willing to help instead of puking out vicious and acidic comments.

Those people that said it's better for the cub to die... They're just stupid jerks.