Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red destination

Waspie_Dwarf

Red destination: Choosing an ExoMars landing site

The search for a suitable site to land Europe's ExoMars rover in 2019 is about to begin.

A request will go out in the next few weeks to the scientific community, asking for expressions of interest to join a working group on the subject.

Once this panel is in place, planetary researchers will then be invited to a meeting, likely to be in the spring of next year.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Zeta Reticulum

Top Posters In This Topic

Drilling rocks and digging clay, whilst passing by the most interesting objects... the public soon tires of this sort of drivel.

The idea of public inspiration is well and truly quashed by the lacklustre antics of the current probe.

Public disinterest is now a reality.

Drilling rocks and digging clay, whilst passing by the most interesting objects...

Interesting to who? The images you can see are the same images that the world's geologists, planetary scientists, astronomers, astrobiologists and other scientists can see. They don't find them interesting enough to warrant further examination.

A rational person would have a thought process something like this, "I find those rocks interesting. The experts don't find them interesting.The experts know what they are talking about therefore I must be mistaken,"

You on the other hand seem to think this way, "I find these rocks interesting. The experts don't find them interesting therefore the experts are liars".

Your view is not just so illogical that it is delusional it is also arrogant in the extreme.

Your posts are all the same (and are now becoming boring). You make veiled accusations of a cover up nbut offer no evidence, no logic, no rational argument at all. When asked simple scientific questions you show yourself to be totally unable to answer them. Despite showing a total ignorance of even the most basic relevant science you still seem to think you know more than the experts in the field.

And why do you offer no evidence... because you have none.

As I have pointed out before your whole argument is so illogical that it would be funny if I didn't know you were serious. You claim that NASA is hiding things on Mars. And your evidence that NASA is hiding things is the images that NASA release. Until you can see how ridiculous that argument is then there will be no hope for you ever approaching this subject in a rational way.

the public soon tires of this sort of drivel.

Do not presume to think that you speak for the public. Most of the public are capable of realising that a rock that looks a bit like a plank of rock is still a rock.

However if you are so concerned about the public tiring of drivel... stop posting drivel.

The idea of public inspiration is well and truly quashed by the lacklustre antics of the current probe.

Public disinterest is now a reality.

And you are going to produce evidence to back this up? Of course not. You wouldn't recognise evidence if it bit you. You are simply incapable of distinguishing your own opinion from evidence.