Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not so sensitive anymore

scarlett_j

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so hope i'm posting in the right section.

I'm just wondering if anyone could explain why I am no longer sensitive to spirits.

As a child and teenager I was very sensitive. I would see spirits and I could feel them and I always felt that I was being watched. One even contacted me by phone (long story for another time). I always had a morbid fascination with death and the spirit world.

When I went to university I lived in a haunted house. The house was very active and a number of people experienced things there. I had one particular active night where a vase was thrown across the room, and something else was smashed. After that my grandmother who is a medium did a cleanse of the house.

Since then I get nothing apart from the odd slight feeling here and there. Its been 9 years of nothing. I've lived in several houses since then. Its just strange as the first 20 years of my life I had intense experiences. I never felt that I was completely alone.

Can anyone explain why things changed so dramatically? Its just like a door was shut.

Perhaps the incident with the vase scared you enough to "shut down" a bit. If you want to reawaken it, you might take up mediation or learn yoga or reiki, something to reopen your energy centers.

• Like 1

Could it be that in that you've demystified some aspects of the supernatural for yourself, and things that you might've attributed to mystical origins you now see as mundane?

• Like 1

Perhaps. I definitely look for more rational explanations for things. But some of the stuff I used to experience was very real and I had witnesses for much of the stuff I saw.

For instance one thing I saw when I was about 11 was a guy leaning over the banister at my friends house. My friends brother saw it to. It was a guy standing on the staircase leaning over the banister. He had was a punk with green spikey hair and a black leather jacket. He was clear as day.

Well, at that age you'd have a very active imagination, and the imagery was probably something you've seen before on tv, or just saw the guy on the street somewhere. kid's will go along with each other in seeing things more often thatn not.

That being said. since you were 11 at teh time and you're graduated from Uni now, the possibility of your memory not being 100 percent accurate is a most likely possibility

• Like 1