Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate Leaders 'Reach Deal' To Avert Default

Still Waters

Thieves. .... the whole lot of them.... you vote them in expecting them to help you and in return they steal from you.... Reach into your wallet/purse/bank account..... funny thing though.. inflation, we're told is 2-3% per year (which is incorrect once food and fuel are taken into account) so in realitya 1% pay raise still lags.

• Like 2

Because most ( regular / non government ) employees are getting nothing.

Keep in mind, Federal employee's get their paychecks off the backs off hard working tax-payers.

I don't know what you think most federal workers do. They are not just the people in Washington. Federal workers include all park rangers and the blue collar workers at Depots, Doctors, nurses and case workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs. All civilians on military bases including the cashiers and dining facility workers. Oh yea, and the last time I checked, a federal worker pays just as many taxes as you do. "Hard working tax-payers"...To say that they don't deserve a ONE PERCENT pay raise in three years is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

The website will get fixed. State exchanges are working fine. And for the millionth time 270 million of us ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE. WE WON"T BE TAXED OR PENALIZED. Please learn something for once.

The ObamaCare website will NOT get fixed by December 2013. The liberals must drop kick ObamaCare for 1 year.

You are delaying the inevitable. The longer you wait the worse it will get.

BTW, why are you ignoring the millions of Americans who do NOT have insurance?

It is not fair for you to ignore them. Why should they get attacked by the federal government because they didn't sign up on a DEAD website?

That sounds just a little unfair to me.

Thieves. .... the whole lot of them.... you vote them in expecting them to help you and in return they steal from you.... Reach into your wallet/purse/bank account..... funny thing though.. inflation, we're told is 2-3% per year (which is incorrect once food and fuel are taken into account) so in realitya 1% pay raise still lags.

Especially if you consider that the last time they had a pay raise was in 2010.

Steal = Earmarks

It looks like Senator Mitch McConnell is just making up cool numbers like $2,918,000,000 on page 13 of the Debt Ceiling Deal.

It's like monopoly money to them i guess.

Reid and McConnell probably started with $3,000,000,000 but then reduced it to $2,918,000,000.

$3 Billion is an ugly headline for the New York Times.

I don't know what you think most federal workers do. They are not just the people in Washington. Federal workers include all park rangers and the blue collar workers at Depots, Doctors, nurses and case workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs. All civilians on military bases including the cashiers and dining facility workers. Oh yea, and the last time I checked, a federal worker pays just as many taxes as you do. "Hard working tax-payers"...To say that they don't deserve a ONE PERCENT pay raise in three years is absolutely ridiculous.

Instead of giving everyone a raise, try laying 50% of them off. We have - bloated - government.

93% of the people at the EPA are - nonessential - ??? B L O A T E D

• Like 1

Especially if you consider that the last time they had a pay raise was in 2010.

So, they deserve raise?? Most people are getting laid off or having their hours cut because of Obamacare....Maybe they should just be thankful they have a full time job, and a paycheck....

• Like 1

So, they deserve raise?? Most people are getting laid off or having their hours cut because of Obamacare....Maybe they should just be thankful they have a full time job, and a paycheck....

Yes, they deserve a raise. Even Wal-Mart workers get an annual pay raise.

I heard that the UNION at the IRS is thankful that they got a - Golden Ticket Waiver - from ObamaCare!

Penalize those who do not participate while THEY get a free ride. :blush:

I heard that the UNION at the IRS is thankful that they got a - Golden Ticket Waiver - from ObamaCare!

Penalize those who do not participate while THEY get a free ride. :blush:

Ken, you really are good at showing your stupidity. The IRS is already exempt, as is ANYONE with health insurance already. How many times do you have to be told that before it sinks into your think head??? The UNION at the IRS? All federal employees fall under the same union..genius.

Instead of giving everyone a raise, try laying 50% of them off. We have - bloated - government.

93% of the people at the EPA are - nonessential - ??? B L O A T E D

I agree. Heck, our own government doesn't even know how many agencies it has.....

• Like 1

Yes, they deserve a raise. Even Wal-Mart workers get an annual pay raise.

No they don't.

I agree. Heck, our own government doesn't even know how many agencies it has.....

Funny that you would agree to that statement. You don't even know who government workers are. 99% are not the politicians you hate. 99% of them are teachers, doctors, nurses, blue collar workers, correctional officers, park rangers, firefighters, policemen...etc.

Funny that you would agree to that statement. You don't even know who government workers are. 99% are not the politicians you hate. 99% of them are teachers, doctors, nurses, blue collar workers, correctional officers, park rangers, firefighters, policemen...etc.

I am well aware of what a government worker is....

The U.S. Government is bloated with too many agencies.

Shut a few down and just see what happens.

• Like 1

Oh really? Look it up. As long as you don't get a bad performance review.

Doesn't mean they deserve a raise....with tax payer money....

And the United States is bloated with completely ignorant clueless morons, maybe we should get rid of half of them. :tu:

They pay the exact same taxes you do. Are your taxes going up because of the 1% raise? Nope.

most firefigters are volunteeres, most cops are state emploee, not federal, i have doctors and nurses in my family, none is gvmnt worker, may be those that work for VA hospitals are, but their number is tiny next to the rest of doctors and nurses. i'm not even going to go over teachers and blue colors workers. according to your logic nycta are federal emploees too.

• Like 2

And the United States is bloated with completely ignorant clueless morons, maybe we should get rid of half of them. :tu:

lol, how many will gvmnt work force loose??

• Like 1

Oh, and another thing. The workers were furloughed for 6 days which equates to 2% of their pay. So, they still got shafted.

Nothing would happen!! The sky won't fall, and the world won't end, unlike what the leftists preach and spout....

Yes, I think Some government workers are necessary. Roads and bridges need to be maintained, etc. And that's fine. But, you can't tell me there aren't departments in the EPA or IRS or the DHS that can't be cut....We can't keep spending the money we do....Look at this US debt clock....

• Like 1

most firefighters are volunteers, most cops are state employee, not federal, i have doctors and nurses in my family, none is government worker, may be those that work for VA hospitals are, but their number is tiny next to the rest of doctors and nurses. i'm not even going to go over teachers and blue colors workers. according to your logic nycta are federal employees too.

I'm guessing he doesn't opine about the Private Sector very often.

• Like 1

Oh, and another thing. The workers were furloughed for 6 days which equates to 2% of their pay. So, they still got shafted.

You don't work you don't get paid, like everyone else in the US....Deal with it.....