Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonic Chanting in Sleep ?

PaigeADavis

Hi guys,

Almost exactly a year ago now, I woke up to my boyfriend leaning over above me chanting some crazy language for roughly 15 seconds. His voice was really deep and I just lay there too freaked out to move. Last night (a year later) he just did the exact same thing! This time he leaned on his elbow staring at me, said two sentences (he paused in between) then went back to sleep as I just lay there tripping balls! I cant even begin to describe what he was chanting, unfamilliar to me. possibly another language? But I get the whole demonic drift because his voice goes so deep and I'm too stunned to wake him up or anything. the first three words were the same being repeated sounded like "rourrdy rourrdy rourrdy" then from then on i couldnt make out a single word. Man wish I had a recorder or phone near by!

any similar experiences?

cheers!

People talk in their sleeps in partial sylables like this from time to time, it sounds like he have some mild sleep walking stuff going on.

Does he take any meds on a regular basis? Or has he been on any prescriptions in the time periods wherein hes done this?

Hi guys,

Almost exactly a year ago now, I woke up to my boyfriend leaning over above me chanting some crazy language for roughly 15 seconds. His voice was really deep and I just lay there too freaked out to move. Last night (a year later) he just did the exact same thing! This time he leaned on his elbow staring at me, said two sentences (he paused in between) then went back to sleep as I just lay there tripping balls! I cant even begin to describe what he was chanting, unfamilliar to me. possibly another language? But I get the whole demonic drift because his voice goes so deep and I'm too stunned to wake him up or anything. the first three words were the same being repeated sounded like "rourrdy rourrdy rourrdy" then from then on i couldnt make out a single word. Man wish I had a recorder or phone near by!

any similar experiences?

cheers!

That's creepy. Slap him next time and tell him to knock that crap off.

• Like 2

I don't understand why you would assign the term 'demonic' to the event. The deep mumbling is obviously due to his state of consciousness, utterly unaware. Did he tell you what he was dreaming about or did he awake after this or just flop back to sleep? Has there been any events in your household or particular history in either of your pasts to urge you toward perceiving the act as demonic? The infrequency of the action doesn't subscribe to anything too eerie. Probably just isolated incidents with an animated sleeptalker! It would be more disturbing if he were floating above you and staring or something, at least he showed an interest, however inebriated it seemed!

• 3 months later...

I'm a heavy sleeper but was awoken last night by my man repeating over and over, minimum 10 minutes that I was awake, "half my head". The voice did not sound like him at all and I was afraid to let "it" know I was awake! He was in kinda of a light snore at the time and while inhaling he would say "half my head" clear as can be. Fortunately I was really tired and fell back asleep but this went on long enough to wake me and 10 minutes I listened, and who knows how long after (maybe he stopped and that's how I was able to sleep again). Has anyone ever witnessed someone repeating same phrase over and over while sleeping?

• Like 1

Don't worry people do crazy stuff when they sleep.but next time when he does this hold a cross to his forehead if he yells run fast lol

• Like 1

I'm a heavy sleeper but was awoken last night by my man repeating over and over, minimum 10 minutes that I was awake, "half my head". The voice did not sound like him at all and I was afraid to let "it" know I was awake! He was in kinda of a light snore at the time and while inhaling he would say "half my head" clear as can be. Fortunately I was really tired and fell back asleep but this went on long enough to wake me and 10 minutes I listened, and who knows how long after (maybe he stopped and that's how I was able to sleep again). Has anyone ever witnessed someone repeating same phrase over and over while sleeping?

Just push his head to one side, or wake him up. Whike he is repeatiing phrases like that, he is not there any way, you might snap him back... But there is probably some sleep Apnia here .,... A serious condition. Have it checked out.

Since this seems to be the only dream thread active at the moment, I'll post this here. Last night outside other dream time -- quite by itself, I dreamed the face of someone I hadn't seen if half a century from back in college in the States saying to me, "Hi, Frank" (yes I used that name in dealing with Westerners back then too). I said, "Hi, Dan" and he faded out.

Now this morning greeting me is a nice email saying he had discovered my blog and liking it and all that. I know, coincidences we wouldn't believe happen all the time. This is one I wouldn't believe.

• Like 1

Since this seems to be the only dream thread active at the moment, I'll post this here. Last night outside other dream time -- quite by itself, I dreamed the face of someone I hadn't seen if half a century from back in college in the States saying to me, "Hi, Frank" (yes I used that name in dealing with Westerners back then too). I said, "Hi, Dan" and he faded out.

Now this morning greeting me is a nice email saying he had discovered my blog and liking it and all that. I know, coincidences we wouldn't believe happen all the time. This is one I wouldn't believe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0691150508