Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coincidence or destiny

Gladiatorzombie

Last night I decided to stay up and watch movies all night despite the fact that I had class in the morning at 4 am I was getting tired so I made a pot of coffee, while it was brewing I figured if go to the bathroom on my way to the bathroom is the front window of my place and I looked out the window and saw a girl walking up the steps of my porch. It was raining so I invited her in and offered her a cup of coffee, turns out she was being harassed by some guys a couple doors down from me (I live on a college residence btw). We just chilled for a couple hours and talked. Later that day I was boxing with my room mate and a guy I want to highschool with walked by (haven't seen him in about 2-3 years) we get to talking and it turns out that he lives at the place that the girl I met that morning. It's just so strange that she left the place and picked my place to come to out of all the other houses in residence because my house number is her favourite number and that the night I decided to stay up and got up to get a coffee at the exact time, as well as the fact that someone who has been living 4 doors down from me for 2 months and that I knew from highschool in a city hundreds of kilometres away the day after I meet this girl who was being tormented by this same guy. How is it that our three lives came together in time and space. In mathematics, when two shapes coincide it means they fit together perfectly. Coincidence doesn't mean random.. its when the variables all fit togther and 'coincide' in a coming togther of events. Sorry if it's confusing (too lazy to proof read it) share any similar experiences

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skep B

• Gladiatorzombie

• spartan max2

who in the world has class at 4am

• Like 1

What woman agrees to come alone into the a room w/ a random guy shes never met at really damn early o'clock?

Why was your friend harassing her?

Are you a southpaw?

So many questions

Spartan: I have class at 8am but I needed a coffee at 4

Skeptical: not sure but she was given alcohol and drugs from the guys, I don't know why he was, I didn't address that when I talked to him I just put together that it happened in the same house as he lives in, and if you mean left handed by southpaw then no.

oh okay that makes more sense

Well, I don't want to take the magic out of making a connection with a girl you like. (Thats a lie, i live for this)

Given that she had been given drugs and alcohol he decision making probably wasn't at its best level, so when she saw your house number went to it because she likes that number, she was willing to come in because you were a guy being decent to her after a bad experience recently, so you'd be a bit of a knight in shinning armor in that moment.

All that over analysis aside, if destiny exists, then us knowing it doesn't serve much purpose as whats going to happen is going to happen.

If not, then doing what you see in front of you as the best thing to do will shape your future.

Regardless you're being a good guy, and its working for you.

So, you know, keep your chin tucked, and enjoy the new friend.

We'll the thing is skepticalB is that why was I walking past the window as she was walking up the steps, at the same time I just feel that it couldn't be chance I just think that there are so many variables that would make this meeting not happen that it happened for a reason bigger than making a new friend. Something that extends beyond earth and human emotion.

Obviously I'm a skeptic so I can't comment to that.

However, what I can comment on is feelings, and I'd say you really, really like this girl. And, nothing I can say will change that you feel shes something special in your life.

So, if you feel you are supposed to play an important role in each other's lives, chance, or not, the only option seems to be to go for it, and see what happens.

I see where your coming from but aside from this experience the main reason I posted was for other people to share similar experiences where one converged with a stranger in time and space in which it felt like it was meant to happen

Oh, well sure.

I worked as an actor for a director who i became casual friends with, was introduced to a friend of theirs, and then to a friend of theirs. We hit it off immediately, I met her son a few weeks later. All because I agreed to play a gay man in a student film when noone else was.

Granted, eventually her husband walked in on she and I, but before that it was all gravy.