Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Halloween display too frightening for kids

Still Waters

James Creighton, 25, was told that he had to tone down his macabre show, which is based on the cult movie The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, because some had been reduced to tears.

Officers visited his home in Stevenage, Herts, following complaints from a parent about the collections of bloody corpses and gory skeletons.

http://www.telegraph...olice-warn.html

More pics -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2464171/Its-making-children-Police-tell-man-tone-annual-charity-Halloween-display-honour-grandmother.html

Edited by Still Waters
  • Like 1

"......I will admit some of the things I’ve added to the house this year are quite gory – but that’s the whole point of Halloween."

No mate, it isn't!

Give me a break! I remember as a kid every house looking like that, and everybody had a ball! Sure some kids got scared, but screams then turned into squeals of delight because we new it was just a foam rubber dummy. I feel for kids who don't get to experience anything to its full extent because of a generation of parents who need to shield every little blemish from there childrens perfect little lives.

Get over your selves parents! Let the kids experience life, because before you know it, they'll be in the real world. Its far more terrifying than a foam rubber candy bowl.

• Like 2

All I have to say about the people complaining... they are all a big bunch of....

pansies.jpg

Just a comply/request. He is doing nothing illegal.

Ignore pigs and pussified generation, carry on, dear sir.

• Like 1

How is that too scary?! My little sister (13) thought it was cool!

People are complaining about THAT being too gory? Believe me, I have seen far more gory decorations than his dismembered rubber corpse and plastic skeleton

If you're a parent and don't want your kids to see "scary" things on Halloween that are actually scary and not smiling pirates(who historically were murderers and rapists), then here is a step-by-step guide to ensure they aren't traumatized:

Step 1: Don't go to the houses with "gory" plastic figures.

The end.

• Like 1

What's more terrifying than these goredummies? The apparent fact that parentdummies who, probably routinely, leave the TV remote in the pre-pubescent hands of Junior or Li'l Missy, have the audacity to condemn a depiction no one is forcing them or their kiddies to view.

Possible solution...

Put up "walls" (sheets or other cheap dividers) that wall off his yard, have spooky music playing (not too loudly) and charge people a small amount (for his charity) to come in the yard and view his display...

Blocking it from view will most likely increase viewership, just due to curiousity...

No one see's it 'unintentionally'... no ones fragile little feelings are bruised... everyone wins...