Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US soldier recieve riot training

OverSword

From the article:

After a dozen years of training to go into combat zones filled with enemy combatants, some soldiers are now training to manage themselves in peaceful situations involving civilians.

Troopers with Charlie Company, 2nd Squadron, 38th Cavalry Regiment, 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, underwent crowd and riot control training last week at Fort Hood’s Elijah urban training site.

“A lot of the training we are doing now, Armywide, is full-spectrum operations,” said 1st Lt. Steven Shaw, the officer-in-charge of the three-day training event, which ended Thursday in an exercise using role players as rioters.

“This teaches them how to react to a situation in a different way,” he said. “They are keeping themselves safe and mitigating any danger for the people on the other side.”

The potential use for crowd control ranges from peaceful protesters to full on riots to a scenario such as Hurricane Katrina, where thousands of people were being relocated.

Sgt. 1st Class Nicholas Ford, a platoon sergeant, said his unit was sent to New Orleans, La., in 2005 for hurricane relief, and this sort of training would have been helpful.

“I had never dealt with civilian areas where people live,” he said. “We were not there to break in doors, we were there to help. ... How can we help while still accomplishing our mission?”

Beginning at the team level, soldiers learned formations and verbal and hand signals used to unify themselves against a crowd from 89th Military Police Brigade soldiers. Eventually the formations grew to platoon-sized shapes. Soldiers learned to chant, “Get back,” while stepping forward in unison with their left feet toward the crowd.

This sends a clear, concise message that’s not demeaning or harmful to the crowd, Ford said.

I'm sure this all completely innocent and we have nothing to fear or worry about. :gun:

Read more here: http://kdhnews.com/fort_hood_herald/across_the_fort/role-players-help-troops-train-for-riot-control/article_5c0b6b56-35d0-11e3-a813-001a4bcf6878.html

And cry "info wars all you want but this is probably the true reason for this type of training for combat troops

http://www.infowars.com/ft-hood-gears-up-for-financial-collapse/

• Like 4

They always did, even in that stone age I was working for the USAF.

• Like 3

This should definitely be in the conspiracy theory section. And to follow on with QM...I received plenty of riot training in the Army...

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 3

From the article:

After a dozen years of training to go into combat zones filled with enemy combatants, some soldiers are now training to manage themselves in peaceful situations involving civilians.

Troopers with Charlie Company, 2nd Squadron, 38th Cavalry Regiment, 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, underwent crowd and riot control training last week at Fort Hood’s Elijah urban training site.

“A lot of the training we are doing now, Armywide, is full-spectrum operations,” said 1st Lt. Steven Shaw, the officer-in-charge of the three-day training event, which ended Thursday in an exercise using role players as rioters.

“This teaches them how to react to a situation in a different way,” he said. “They are keeping themselves safe and mitigating any danger for the people on the other side.”

The potential use for crowd control ranges from peaceful protesters to full on riots to a scenario such as Hurricane Katrina, where thousands of people were being relocated.

Sgt. 1st Class Nicholas Ford, a platoon sergeant, said his unit was sent to New Orleans, La., in 2005 for hurricane relief, and this sort of training would have been helpful.

“I had never dealt with civilian areas where people live,” he said. “We were not there to break in doors, we were there to help. ... How can we help while still accomplishing our mission?”

Beginning at the team level, soldiers learned formations and verbal and hand signals used to unify themselves against a crowd from 89th Military Police Brigade soldiers. Eventually the formations grew to platoon-sized shapes. Soldiers learned to chant, “Get back,” while stepping forward in unison with their left feet toward the crowd.

This sends a clear, concise message that’s not demeaning or harmful to the crowd, Ford said.

I'm sure this all completely innocent and we have nothing to fear or worry about. :gun:

Read more here: http://kdhnews.com/f...1a4bcf6878.html

And cry "info wars all you want but this is probably the true reason for this type of training for combat troops

http://www.infowars....ncial-collapse/

We are going to experience a financial crash....It's coming...China is already calling for the Chinese currency to be used as the reserve currency...

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/10/17/Why-China-Wants-to-Dump-the-Dollar

We are going to be in some serious trouble if we don't reign in spending in Washington, and stop printing money....

Entirely sensible surely, in view of the fact that the great majority of situations, even combat situations, troops are likely to find themselves in is this kind of situation rather than old school facing an enemy who have artillery and tanks and so on.

I just asked two people in my office, one former army the other navy, and niether of them received crowd control/riot training. The guy from the army said maybe if you were training to be an MP.

• Like 1

How old are they? Were they active duty? Were they in a combat MOS?

I was combat ams from 2004-2011. We received riot training in Korea prior to deployment, and also stateside prior to deployments. Good thing we did, because we did encounter situations in which it was needed.

I just asked two people in my office, one former army the other navy, and niether of them received crowd control/riot training. The guy from the army said maybe if you were training to be an MP.

And who tells you that Company C of the 504th is not the on base security squadron?

The British Army has been doing this for many years aswell, not riot but training for things like that. Many European nations do the same, Russians too

How old are they? Were they active duty? Were they in a combat MOS?

I was combat ams from 2004-2011. We received riot training in Korea prior to deployment, and also stateside prior to deployments. Good thing we did, because we did encounter situations in which it was needed.

They were both in in the early and mid 80's. So maybe that has something to do with it.

It just seems like common sense. When i was joining up this was something they talked to me about getting trained for in the early 2000's

At least this isn't as bad as that other thread..."US Army training for Urban Environemnts".....

• Like 1

At least this isn't as bad as that other thread..."US Army training for Urban Environemnts".....

they should be, most wars now are guerila war in urban enviroment. there will be no ww1 type trench wars anymore.

• Like 1

This is nothing new and is sorely needed in my opinion.

Go dig up some stories about the military's experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan when they put regular soldiers and marines on things like roadblock duty in urban areas or instances where they had to deal with unruly civilian mobs.

• Like 1

They were both in in the early and mid 80's. So maybe that has something to do with it.

well, then it would have been old-school Us versus the Russkies thinking involving great armoured battles across the plains of Europe, and obviously the nature of the situations they might have to face would change over time, so probably the emphasis in training has changed since then.

well, then it would have been old-school Us versus the Russkies thinking involving great armoured battles across the plains of Europe, and obviously the nature of the situations they might have to face would change over time, so probably the emphasis in training has changed since then.

Except for q-mark I believe was in service in the 70's. Maybe he was an MP? Mark?

I wonder if they had had this sort of training when Pershing's troops fired on the protesting 'Brown Shoe Army' back in the 20's?

Just put the old protestors in your sights and pull the trigger. How hard is that? What about the NG troops at Kent State, did they have this sort of training?

• Like 2

I wonder if they had had this sort of training when Pershing's troops fired on the protesting 'Brown Shoe Army' back in the 20's?

Just put the old protestors in your sights and pull the trigger. How hard is that? What about the NG troops at Kent State, did they have this sort of training?

they more than likely didn't and that was part of the problem. Soldiers aren't cops.

• Like 4

They need to do more none lethal training in order to deal with civi's. When their only training is combat oriented they will fall back on that in a crowd control situation. If they have non lethal training they can fall back on that.

Maybe the knowledge of he millitary having only lethal training should be made more public knowledge. Crowds could associate that when they see cammo and fatigues they need to chill the **** out

Question: Does anyone in this thread believe that riots should be left to continue to riot, shutting down city centres and destroying both publicly owned and privately owned property?

• Like 1