Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cruz Holds Up Vote on FCC Chairman

questionmark

Republican Senator Ted Cruz blocked Tom Wheeler’s nomination to be chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission after asking whether the Democrat would use the agency to regulate political speech

Wheeler’s appointment was on a Senate calendar for action yesterday and didn’t emerge as other nominees cleared the body.

“Yes, the senator is holding the nominee,” Sean Rushton, a spokesman for Cruz, said in an e-mail today. Senators can by tradition singlehandedly stall consideration of a presidential appointee.

Read more

He seems to like the game...

I agree with his concern but I don't agree with blocking the nomination.

Just horrible timing. Now it just seems like he wants attention, Cruz just dropped in my book.

He keeps trying to pull a Rand Paul filibuster and its not working for him.

• Like 1

I agree with his concern but I don't agree with blocking the nomination.

Just horrible timing. Now it just seems like he wants attention, Cruz just dropped in my book.

He keeps trying to pull a Rand Paul filibuster and its not working for him.

The fundamentals have changed. Senator Ted Cruz is a force to be reckoned with in the U.S. Senate.

The next debt ceiling crisis will be here in January. - ROUND 2 -

Senator Mitch McConnell is mired in the Kentucky Kickback Scandal. This Debt Ceiling Crisis has everyone actually reading the CR.

We can all see the number $2,918,000,000.

At the end of the bill it says "This Act may be cited as the Continuing Appropriations Act 2014."

The fundamentals have changed. Senator Ted Cruz is a force to be reckoned with in the U.S. Senate.

Yeap, he's the stonewall people have to deal with everytime they want to make anything happen.

• Like 1

Yeap, he's the stonewall people have to deal with everytime they want to make anything happen.

Senator Ted Cruz : Speaks For the American People

Sen. Mitch "Kentucky Kickback" McConnell and Sen. John McCain : Lets just go along to get along + Add some pork barrel ! $2,918,000,000

Senator Ted Cruz : Speaks For the American People

Sen. Mitch "Kentucky Kickback" McConnell and Sen. John McCain : Lets just go along to get along + Add some pork barrel ! $2,918,000,000

You really love to take misinformation and run with it, don't you Ken? The money was approved by congress way before the government shutdown.

http://www.politico.com/morningtransportation/1013/morningtransportation11954.html

• Like 1

You really love to take misinformation and run with it, don't you Ken? The money was approved by congress way before the government shutdown.

http://www.politico....ation11954.html

In order to find the real truth, you need to actually - read the bill -.

Go to page 13. It is at the top.

Misinformation ??? Nice try.

Sec.123 Section 3(a)(6) of Public Law 100-676 is amended by striking both occurrences of "$775,000,000"

and inserting in lieu there of " a Big Fat Kentucky Kickback Pork Check $$$ for $2,918,000,000."

Pork Barrel project was created earlier. Sen. Mitch McConnell just added to the Boondoggle Project.

Go check and see when the "Project ?" will be completed !!!

Always go directly to the bill.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/176700236/Text-of-Senate-budget-agreement

In order to find the real truth, you need to actually - read the bill -.

Go to page 13. It is at the top.

Misinformation ??? Nice try.

Sec.123 Section 3(a)(6) of Public Law 100-676 is amended by striking both occurrences of "$775,000,000"

and inserting in lieu there of " a Big Fat Kentucky Kickback Pork Check $$$ for $2,918,000,000."

Pork Barrel project was created earlier. Sen. Mitch McConnell just added to the Boondoggle Project.

Go check and see when the "Project ?" will be completed !!!

Always go directly to the bill.

http://www.scribd.co...udget-agreement

Ken, you are 100% absolutely confused about the bill. Guess what? The bill was not drafted during the shutdown! This is the same continuing resolution bill that was voted on months ago, with minor adjustments due to the Tea Party shenanigans. It amazes me that no one on here knows what the continuing resolution actually means. How hard is it to understand that that $3 Billion was approved months ago???

Ken, you are 100% absolutely confused about the bill. Guess what? The bill was not drafted during the shutdown! This is the same continuing resolution bill that was voted on months ago, with minor adjustments due to the Tea Party shenanigans. It amazes me that no one on here knows what the continuing resolution actually means. How hard is it to understand that that $3 Billion was approved months ago???

Try doing something called research.

The Olmsted Lock and Dam Project is a Boondoggle.

Boondoggle = Throwing Away More Good Money to bring home the bacon

post-142056-0-52299100-1382109460_thumb.

Truth: It's a 26 Year Disaster

Oh...okay...lets throw MORE money at it! :tu:

Edited by CyberKen

He is not confused, he is parroting the Tea Party's talking point. Truth or not is irrelevant, 'cause they are on a mission from G*d to represent the people.

• Like 2

You are completely missing the point of what I said. IT WAS APPROVED BEFORE THE SHUTDOWN. It was not "thrown in" as a perk in the 11th hour. And boy, I am so delighted that you found two more terms to completely overuse. Boondoggle and pork barrel. Original ideas? Never. I'm sure by the end of the day everyone on this forum will wish those words were recanted from the English language...

You are completely missing the point of what I said. IT WAS APPROVED BEFORE THE SHUTDOWN. It was not "thrown in" as a perk in the 11th hour. And boy, I am so delighted that you found two more terms to completely overuse. Boondoggle and pork barrel. Original ideas? Never. I'm sure by the end of the day everyone on this forum will wish those words were recanted from the English language...

Wake up !

" IT " is a B O O N D O G G L E .

Senator Mitch McConnell threw more taxpayer money at a boondoggle.

We went from $775,000,000 wasted to now EVEN MORE $$$ money wasted: $2,918,000,000.

Page 13.

Yes Ken. The same page 13 that was there in August when the CR was passed by both the house and senate, yet you feel the need to tie into the government shutdown. Why weren't you crying about it in August? Because you only know what they want you to hear, that is why. No one cared about it when it was passed, but now the Tea Party is attempting a last second hail mary at saving face. That is why you know about it now. Can you not see how you are being played like a fiddle? You only know what the tea party wants you to know, when they want you to know it.

• Like 2

Yes Ken. The same page 13 that was there in August when the CR was passed by both the house and senate, yet you feel the need to tie into the government shutdown. Why weren't you crying about it in August? Because you only know what they want you to hear, that is why. No one cared about it when it was passed, but now the Tea Party is attempting a last second hail mary at saving face. That is why you know about it now. Can you not see how you are being played like a fiddle? You only know what the tea party wants you to know, when they want you to know it.

Now is not the time to celebrate a $775,000,000 boondoggle getting even more funding from Sen. Mitch McConnell.

He threw another $2,143,000,000 at an existing boondoggle. That brought the total to $2,918,000,000.

Instead of a pat on the back, Sen. Mitch McConnell is getting a kick in the butt and a NEW Label around his neck . - Kentucky Kickback -

Caw, it's a boondogle.

Caw, Romney is in the Catbird seat

5237d1349717180-hello-img_0506.jpg

CAW, Cruz is a rising star.

CAW, Delay Obamacare...

Kenny want a cracker?

• Like 2

ObamaCare is already crashing.

The backroom connection between the insurance companies and the federal government is a disaster.

It will be drop kicked 1 year into the future.

Also, the Sequester is still the Law of the Land. :tu:

• Like 1

Isn't Cruz the guy who pulled a fillibuster against something (because the Tea Party was against it) and then voted for it anyway?

Yeah, he's the defender of the people alright.

• Like 1

Isn't Cruz the guy who pulled a fillibuster against something (because the Tea Party was against it) and then voted for it anyway?

Yeah, he's the defender of the people alright.

? when was that

Do you guys mean the bill that everyone voted for to pay the military even if the government shutdown? The link seems pretty vague about what bill

If so that's not what he was filibustering...

So I don't see how he voted for something he was filibustering against.

Edited by spartan max2

So let me get this striaght. Cruz has ligit concerns about a FCC selection, so in turn represents the will of those who hired him, and this makes him bad???

Cruz is an idiot.

No, Cruz is a conservative.