Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real church of Jediism

Still Waters

What? No Sith relegion too?

They are the satanists of the force.Just take a visual look at them as portrayed in star wars. :innocent: .

What? No Sith relegion too?

They are just going Public. They will be the boys in the backyards with RED lightsabers.

Edited by DieChecker

It's just as valid as any other religion. Myself I like the flying spagethi monster. Seems more believable... ;)

It's just as valid as any other religion. Myself I like the flying spagethi monster. Seems more believable... ;)

Really?.A meme invented in 2005 by a science teacher protesting Intelligent Design seems more believable? At best I think you mean they are equally believable.

Really?.A meme invented in 2005 by a science teacher protesting Intelligent Design seems more believable? At best I think you mean they are equally believable.

I dunno; a god who sends himself to earth to self-sacrifice himself in order to lift an ancient curse strikes me as a tad less believable. And then there is the god who sends a deluge to destroy all living things because he is upset with one of the species.

I'm sure you get the gist; there are a lot of pretty-hard-to-believe things out there.

Fair enough, they are equally believable. I was being ironic anyway...

I dunno; a god who sends himself to earth to self-sacrifice himself in order to lift an ancient curse strikes me as a tad less believable. And then there is the god who sends a deluge to destroy all living things because he is upset with one of the species.

I'm sure you get the gist; there are a lot of pretty-hard-to-believe things out there.

Can you explain exactly how it is LESS believable than the FSM? I could understand if you said they were equally unbelievable, but I cannot see why it is less believable. Especially when there is not a single person who actually believes in the FSM (no, simply saying "bless his noodly appendages" does not qualify as actual belief).

Fair enough, they are equally believable. I was being ironic anyway...

Fair enough, I can accept that. Personally, considering the fact that millions of people actually believe in the biblical God and no one at all believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster I would argue that on that basis it makes the biblical God more believable, simply on account that more people believe it.

Is that so? And here was me thinking it was a character off sesame street.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this.....many many years ago in my youth when filling out an official form, I was hotheaded enough in my youth to be offended by them asking for my religion.....and as a protest I put 'Jedi', when questioned by the sorting office as to my deliberate 'spoiling' of my form, I replied;

"A religion of one is no less valid than a religion of 1 billion"

They had to let it stand, my small victory over authority....and now it actually IS a religion?

lol that is awesome (and no I don't take credit for it lol)

Edited by Heroic Bishop

Can't do any worse than any other belief system or some silly school of magic.

Whatever floats their boat, at least I won't have any jedi nut jobs coming to my house preaching.

Have you heard of our lord and savior Yoda?

I also wonder if the Jedi Believers use anything else out of the Star Wars Universe? Do they go on quests to find Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Hayden Chrisitanson, Ewan McGregor, Frank Oz, Sam Jackson and Natalie Portman? Do they put those actors' pictures on the wall? Do they refer to the Jedi Timeline as to the Founding of their Order and the main Characters involved. Are they concerned about the Sith?

It is hard to take seriously something that was invented in a Sci-Fi movie.

Honestly, if we are heading down the road of make religions of sci-fi concepts - I'd rather be beamed up by Scotty.

Honestly, if we are heading down the road of make religions of sci-fi concepts - I'd rather be beamed up by Scotty.

I'd rather be a follower of the Vorlons. (Babylon 5)

• Like 1

I'd rather be a follower of the Vorlons. (Babylon 5)

Or maybe Whovians (Doctor Who). Who rush over to help everyone and anyone anywhere at any time, regardless of danger... But in a most intellegent manner. Whovians also don't believe in killing, while Jedi practice melee combat as part of their devotions.

• 3 weeks later...

From memory this started due to a census form in the 90's not having a tick box for 'no religion'. And proves 175,000 people out of 70-odd million in the UK have a healthy sense of humour...

• 4 weeks later...

Order and Obedience, eh?

Despite all the sneakiness and terrible things they did, I favor the Shadows philosophy.

Why not accept that truth was a three-edged sword? The Vorlon's version, the Shadow's version, and the truth. That's what Sheridan concluded.
  • Like 1