Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kenya to implant microchips in rhino horns

UM-Bot

With only 1,000 rhinos remaining in the country officials are taking new measures to dissuade poachers.

Under the new proposals every rhino in Kenya will have a microchip placed in its horn. Poaching has become an increasingly big problem in the region and it is hoped that the move will help to catch or discourage those who illegally kill the animals for their horns.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256407/kenya-to-implant-microchips-in-rhino-horns

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pallidin

• DecoNoir

• Wickian

• Lopex

Wouldn't it be easier, less expensive and otherwise better to have game wardens cut-off rhino horns to ward off poachers until the international consuming community recognizes that rhino horn "cure" is pure bunk?

Edited by pallidin

Wouldn't it be easier, less expensive and otherwise better to have game wardens cut-off rhino horns to ward off poachers until the international consuming community recognizes that rhino horn "cure" is pure bunk?

Itd be more productive to wait for hell to freeze over, as those kinds of measures have been taken before with very little effect.

Itd be more productive to wait for hell to freeze over, as those kinds of measures have been taken before with very little effect.

Isn't it fair to say that if the horns of all rhinos are cut-off by game wardens, that poaching would be pointless?

Or am I missing something.

Weren't the Illuminati going to do this to Humans? Maybe this is a test run for that. I think we ought to be very suspicious.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

Isn't it fair to say that if the horns of all rhinos are cut-off by game wardens, that poaching would be pointless?

Or am I missing something.

They'd probably kill them and find someway to exploit it. Remember, if their customers were actually smart, they wouldn't be using ground up rhino horn to cure impotence.

Sounds like a good idea, as long as the Kenyan authorities are able to track down poachers using this system, as that after capture the judicial system is able to convict them. Also, I'am guessing they try to smuggle the horns out of Kenya very quicly, so they will also need very good cooperation with the police forces in otehr countrie along the trade route.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't it defeat the purpose if they post it on the internet..?

Personally, I think governments should legally allow park rangers(or whatever equivalent Kenya has) to shoot poachers of endangered species on sight if they're caught in the act.