Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Employee punished for hiring ghost hunters

Brian Topp

A city employee in Butte, Montana was reprimanded by her bosses after she let ghostbusters set up an infrared camera in her office building. John DeMuary, co-founder of the Butte Paranormal Investigative Team, told The News he’s convinced the building is haunted.

• Like 2

One should definitely get permission before doing something like this, especially if one works for the government. They HATE surveillance (if, you know, it's not their idea...).

Edited by Avallaine
  • Like 5

One should definitely get permission before doing something like this, especially if one works for the government. They HATE surveillance (if you know, it's not their idea...).

Like the whole thing about the kirby dolls...
  • Like 1

all government monitoring snark aside.

why would you think this was a good idea to try without talking to your boss first?

• Like 1

Kirby dolls...? I'm afraid you've lost me there.

Google doesn't seem to be enlightening me, either....

Sorry, I meant Furbies

Security concerns

Furbies were banned from the National Security Agency of the United States due to concerns that they may be used to record and repeat classified information.[16]

• Like 2

Sorry, I meant Furbies...Furbies were banned from the National Security Agency of the United States due to concerns that they may be used to record and repeat classified information.

:lol:

Oh my gosh, that's the funniest (yet totally plausible) thing I've heard all week.

all government monitoring snark aside.

why would you think this was a good idea to try without talking to your boss first?

Well, she might have felt she be laughed at, which is not out of the realm of possibility. Still a very foolish decision...better to be laughed at than reprimanded.

• Like 1

One should definitely get permission before doing something like this, especially if one works for the government. They HATE surveillance (if, you know, it's not their idea...).

Noooooo, they LOOOVE surveillance, as long as it's not of them

• Like 3

The genius employee who found the infrared camera and turned it in because he thought people were spying. Yes, spies always leave their equipment out in the open. The intellect of middle America never ceases to amaze me.

The genius employee who found the infrared camera and turned it in because he thought people were spying. Yes, spies always leave their equipment out in the open. The intellect of middle America never ceases to amaze me.

Why only middle America? THe I.Q. of the whole country has slipped into the toilet.

I can understand why she was reprimanded to be honest though.

Not sure which is worse, her getting cameras into a government building, or the fact that someone as irresponsible as her could be employed there in the first place.

• Like 2

We are often quick to criticize the lack of supportive evidence whenever we attempt to debunk a story. Yet, here we see a misguided individual who, at the least, showed some perspicacity in an attempt to validate an unknown. Should we, at least, acknowledge that attempt at validation rather than seeing this as a kick in the butt for Butte.

First of all the woman must have been spooked to death to go to far measures as she did. OK not asking her boss led to the police being called but she took action none say the least. As I always say there are ghostly spirits and wether many want to believe guess whsat you don't have to because they exist demonic or not. If there are thousnads of folks who say they saw a black man would they be lieing not at all so why would anybody be questioned about what somebody saw.Paranormal exist so everyday looking at ridiculous post trying to over microscopic things is exspected. when finally paranormal happens to you,was it exspected??....right

deleted. wrong thread

Edited by seeder

Not sure which is worse, her getting cameras into a government building, or the fact that someone as irresponsible as her could be employed there in the first place.

I wouldn't call her irresponsible. She showed thoughtlessness in one situation...but as others have pointed out, she was at least approaching the paranormal from a rational standpoint.

I wouldn't call her irresponsible. She showed thoughtlessness in one situation...but as others have pointed out, she was at least approaching the paranormal from a rational standpoint.

Rational: Freaking herself out over strange sounds and employees acting negatively towards each other in a government office building, then sneaking in a ghost hunting team after hours without permission to install recording devices.

Pretty big reputational hit for the workplace with all this publicity. It sounds stupid. I don't know if she should be defended - just sounds like a crazy person acting irrationally.

• Like 3

As a paranormal investigator I have to speak up. Maybe she should have mention something to her boss, that I agree with. On the other hand- it wasn't spying, it was a ghost hunt. We investigators do it at night because that is when we catch the best stuff. Having the police called on a ghost hunt makes me wonder if there wasn't something the other employee was hiding?

As a paranormal investigator I have to speak up. Maybe she should have mention something to her boss, that I agree with. On the other hand- it wasn't spying, it was a ghost hunt. We investigators do it at night because that is when we catch the best stuff. Having the police called on a ghost hunt makes me wonder if there wasn't something the other employee was hiding?

So crazy lady who illegally installs camera because she hears noises in an office building and witnesses regular office behavior = innocent.

While employee who finds said suspicious camera and reports it to police = hiding something.

I don't understand your logic?

And not a personal attack, but if the 'best stuff' ever produced over the history of mankind by thousands of people are highly questionable recordings with no conclusive proof whatsoever - then the ghost hunters are the ones with the problem. Because if something did exist it would have been proven by now.

You just can't have that number of people chase something for so long with no result. Eg. Aliens on earth, Bigfoot, Nessie, chupacabra, OBE's, Qi energy, telekinesis etc...

Wow, that woman was foolish. I don't think it really matters why a person is putting up a camera, it's generally a no-no to install cameras at the workplace, especially without knowledge or permission of the higher ups.

Rational: Freaking herself out over strange sounds and employees acting negatively towards each other in a government office building, then sneaking in a ghost hunting team after hours without permission to install recording devices.

Pretty big reputational hit for the workplace with all this publicity. It sounds stupid. I don't know if she should be defended - just sounds like a crazy person acting irrationally.

I thought that is part of the job requirements?
  • Like 2

Hahahahaha! Nice :D

She was probably really doing something else and got caught then figured the ghost angle would make a convincing insanity plea.

• Like 1