Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone know the story... of the elemental

progressivegamer44

I never would have suspected to find "spooky stuff" at a site called "The Demon Hunter's Compendium." :rolleyes:

Leeds seems to be famous for a Black Dog apparition. Is this elemental spirit mentioned anywhere else but this one site?

Oh yeah I read a lot about Leap Castle. I had a funny feeling it was going to be about that as soon as I saw the term elemental. Apparently it appears on the same balcony and was created/attracted by the absolute crushing negative events that occurred in that place. I'm sure I remember they had a couple awful encounters with more frequency when they discovered a concealed dungeon beneath one of the towers whilst renovating.

Oh yeah I read a lot about Leap Castle. I had a funny feeling it was going to be about that as soon as I saw the term elemental. Apparently it appears on the same balcony and was created/attracted by the absolute crushing negative events that occurred in that place. I'm sure I remember they had a couple awful encounters with more frequency when they discovered a concealed dungeon beneath one of the towers whilst renovating.

Yeah it'S an awesome tale and by far the most demonic spirit I've heard of.

Supposedly it's half sheep half human looking.

Sounds like a Satyr.

Legend has Leap Castle haunted by a supernatural entity known as an Elemental. The alleged entity is known as "It".

It has been visited by paranormal investigators from Living TV's Most Haunted in its first season.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Leap_Castle

http://www.castles.o...d/Leap/Leap.htm

As I understand it there are four kinds of elemental, one of which is the salamander. Which is this?

I think they're talking about a different kind of elemental than the Paracelsian ones.

Well they need to be clear about those things. <grin> I just like the idea of the salamander.

"It is said..." "vague report..." "theories abound..." "one theory states..." "some believe...." "other people believe..." A bunch of vague claims with no references given. The only reference is a report from a woman called Mildred Darby, everything else is unsourced.

Yup, exactly the kind of vague wishy-washy fact free stuff I expected.

Doing a Google search for an exact phrase from one of the quoted eyewitness reports I was able to find the exact same set of "eyewitness reports" on various websites, all an exact copy and paste of each other including the order of the eyewitness reports, and lead in description of the reports and indeed the same preceding article word for word in many instances. Some even include the same goofy Photoshop graphic of the scary face in front of the door. I even found a website with an interesting actual history of the castle which concluded with a copy and paste job of the same stuff on other websites.

This is exactly the kind of thing that suggests it's nothing but nonsense being copy and pasted from one paranormal blog to someone else's paranormal Facebook page to someone else's ghost websites, etc. with no fact checking involved whatsoever.

But this is the kind of thing that gets people reading and responding "Wow! Creepy!". I'm honestly amazed that people read this stuff, take it at face value and actually think it's creepy.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

Yet another 'I don't believe in ghosts until they are proven!' post. That's fine but we are discussing Leap Castle and the possible presence of an elemental spirit, if you think that concept is deranged then that's swell but it doesn't mean it ain't there, it's not like it can be disproved just cause science doesn't really have any interest in the paranormal realm. Not like you can conjure one up and send it in a giftwrapped box to someone either, we have the eternal conflict of if I don't see it, it ain't real or it must be real because it's paranormal! There's always a fine balance.

Elementals are actually a pretty rare thing to find reports of, I have no concrete idea if it's REAL but with negative energy I believe it can take forms from a subconscious or build in places of awful history, recording in the stone as is what happens with residual replaying hauntings. What are the conditions that make them play though? Physical conditions or particular state of mind for the viewer? It is fascinating. Even in grandiose relics like ye olde castles elemental tales are hella rare so mayhap there's something to it.

It's not like they need the random half sheep half woman thing to ramp up tourism numbers, it ain't a well documented and blared out association with Leap Castle and if you read about it the guy who saw it seems genuinely spooked out of his damn mind, good act and random thing to make up! I believe in ghosts and negative energy manifesting as creepsville shiz AND find it creepy, this place is pretty whacked out and not all black and white but everyone's entitled to their opinion, just trynna steer the thread more on to elemental discussion.

"It is said..." "vague report..." "theories abound..." "one theory states..." "some believe...." "other people believe..." A bunch of vague claims with no references given. The only reference is a report from a woman called Mildred Darby, everything else is unsourced.

Yup, exactly the kind of vague wishy-washy fact free stuff I expected.

Doing a Google search for an exact phrase from one of the quoted eyewitness reports I was able to find the exact same set of "eyewitness reports" on various websites, all an exact copy and paste of each other including the order of the eyewitness reports, and lead in description of the reports and indeed the same preceding article word for word in many instances. Some even include the same goofy Photoshop graphic of the scary face in front of the door. I even found a website with an interesting actual history of the castle which concluded with a copy and paste job of the same stuff on other websites.

This is exactly the kind of thing that suggests it's nothing but nonsense being copy and pasted from one paranormal blog to someone else's paranormal Facebook page to someone else's ghost websites, etc. with no fact checking involved whatsoever.

But this is the kind of thing that gets people reading and responding "Wow! Creepy!". I'm honestly amazed that people read this stuff, take it at face value and actually think it's creepy.

I just have thought this particular tale was neat since I was a child and saw the story on "Scariest places on earth". There was really no need for your "i'm smarter than thou because I don't believe in ghost stories" rehashed diatribe.

Go be misrable somewhere else.

Yet another 'I don't believe in ghosts until they are proven!' post. That's fine but we are discussing Leap Castle and the possible presence of an elemental spirit, if you think that concept is deranged then that's swell but it doesn't mean it ain't there, it's not like it can be disproved just cause science doesn't really have any interest in the paranormal realm. Not like you can conjure one up and send it in a giftwrapped box to someone either, we have the eternal conflict of if I don't see it, it ain't real or it must be real because it's paranormal! There's always a fine balance.

For goodness sake, you have 800+ posts on this forum and you should realise and recognise that regardless of what your believe about ghosts and the paranormal, we get a huge amount of unsourced and unproven BS. I'm not saying that I don't believe in ghosts because of this or any other post. I'm saying that the OP's source, in and of itself, is clearly unreliable as it uses unsourced copy and paste jobs from random online blogs and other websites that don't provide anything that would qualify as a genuine reliable source to validate a claim. Leap Castle is linked with a bunch of copy and paste unsourced "eyewitnesses" on multiple blogs and sites on the Internet. That's a reason to be skeptical of their truth and a good reason to think they're outright fake. Anyone remotely interested in investigating the paranormal will have at least done the same kind of basic Google search to know that the quotes and claims are of dubious veracity.

Don't like that? Tough. Those are the facts as far as I can ascertain them. Got better verifiable facts? Post them.

• Like 2

For goodness sake, you have 800+ posts on this forum and you should realise and recognise that regardless of what your believe about ghosts and the paranormal, we get a huge amount of unsourced and unproven BS. I'm not saying that I don't believe in ghosts because of this or any other post. I'm saying that the OP's source, in and of itself, is clearly unreliable as it uses unsourced copy and paste jobs from random online blogs and other websites that don't provide anything that would qualify as a genuine reliable source to validate a claim. Leap Castle is linked with a bunch of copy and paste unsourced "eyewitnesses" on multiple blogs and sites on the Internet. That's a reason to be skeptical of their truth and a good reason to think they're outright fake. Anyone remotely interested in investigating the paranormal will have at least done the same kind of basic Google search to know that the quotes and claims are of dubious veracity.

Don't like that? Tough. Those are the facts as far as I can ascertain them. Got better verifiable facts? Post them.

I guess I'd just seen enough documentaries on the show to divine that it's considered a "haunted" castle . Whether it really is haunted or not is certainly questionable, but I still am fond of the ghost tale and I wanted to see what other peoplr thought.

Sorry if my link or method of seeking out people's opinnions wasn't to your liking, but I just joined this site and am still feeling my way around.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're looking for here man. I will say if you're just looking to argue, go elsewhere dude, somethingawful is good for such activities.

Edited by progressivegamer44

Fair points there, I only skimmed the thread earlier and was on an ephemeral ramble hah.

WellI remember seeing Leap Castle on Scariest Places on Earth and on Ghost Hunters. When up in the Bloody Chapel Dustin got clocked by someone or something.They were trying to provokeso it might have been the ghost of the priest or it could have been the elemental.Would have to watch the episode again.

What is interesting which no one in TAPS aka Ghost Hunters mentioned to Sean Ryan who owns the castle is this.

When Dustin went down stairs and told the others what happend, you here him say that he wasn't feeling well,and the loud sound of a man laughing. Now Neither Jason or Grant was laughing,as as far I saw neither was the camera man who had been with them. ,or Andy who had also been there.So who was the laughing from?

The elemental was never mentioned in regards to the castle UNTIL Mildred Darby. It came into the family when one of the O'Carrol women married a Darby back I think in the 17th or 18th century. The castle was targeted by the Irish during the times of the Troubles and apparently was burned as the Darby family was english.

This was around i think the 1900s,about the World War 1 era.

From what was said on Ghost Hunters,I believe Barry Fitzgerald mentioned that she dabbled in the occult,using the ojiua board and such.It was she that summoned the elemental by accident.. By the way,on the History channel they had a show,Haunted Castles of England ,and Ireland.Think maybe also some scottish ones too.

It was narrated by the british actor Robert Hardy.He too mentioned Mildred Darby and the Elmental on their segment on Leap Castle.

So there may indeed be some truth to the story. Obiviously the O'Carrols were comfortable with the family ghosts,like the Bowes-Lyons family,the late Queen Mother's family who still own Glamis Castle. I know the place sat empty for many years. Sean Ryan finally finished restoring it to a good degree.You could actually visist the castle and they had dinner and Sean and his daughter would play music to entertain guests.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're looking for here man. I will say if you're just looking to argue, go elsewhere dude, somethingawful is good for such activities.

There's a certain type of poster who signs up here from time to time. They come, start a few threads, and when people disagree with them or show some flaw in what they're posting or proposing, they go on the defensive, decide they're moderators of the forum and start ordering other members to get off the forums and stop responding to their threads.

Don't be one of those persons. They sometimes end up taking their ball and going home because they can't order the mean old skeptics to leave the forum they just signed up for.

I'll continue to post where I want thank you very much. If you find my style a bit abrasive, then so be it, I call it like I see it. I'm going nowhere.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

There's a certain type of poster who signs up here from time to time. They come, start a few threads, and when people disagree with them or show some flaw in what they're posting or proposing, they go on the defensive, decide they're moderators of the forum and start ordering other members to get off the forums and stop responding to their threads.

Don't be one of those persons. They sometimes end up taking their ball and going home because they can't order the mean old skeptics to leave the forum they just signed up for.

I'll continue to post where I want thank you very much. If you find my style a bit abrasive, then so be it, I call it like I see it. I'm going nowhere.

The only reason I got on your case, was because of the rude way you approached me. If you find some flaw in the stories or links I post by all means come in and give your two cents. Just don't be a sanctimonious, arrogant, ass about it. There's no need to be the Clint eastwood of the forum.

Edited by progressivegamer44

Custer didn't come at you calling you an idiot, I'd say in the realm of the internet Jesse was downright cordial to you.

Edited by Saru
Removed unsuitable references
  • Like 2

The hell are you on about? If he said any of that crap, I would hope his messages would be moderated. Like I said, I feel he came off kind of arrogant and more than a little rude. I probably got too worked about it, but common courtesy is still common courtesy. You're right, most of the net is full 5'5 130 pound tough guys with a chip, but this is not 4chan or somethingawful.

Anyways Jesse, I'd like to extend an olive branch to you. I'm new, and I'm really not trying to make an enemy on this forum within my first 100 posts.

I will try to research my links a bit better.

The hell are you on about? If he said any of that crap, I would hope his messages would be moderated. Like I said, I feel he came off kind of arrogant and more than a little rude. I probably got too worked about it, but common courtesy is still common courtesy. You're right, most of the net is full 5'5 130 pound tough guys with a chip, but this is not 4chan or somethingawful.

Anyways Jesse, I'd like to extend an olive branch to you. I'm new, and I'm really not trying to make an enemy on this forum within my first 100 posts.

I will try to research my links a bit better.

I agree with Jesse, You considered my posts hostile, heck you even accused me of "stalking you", i replied to four (now five threads). You seem to come with a chip on your shoulder, i have some salsa for it.

• Like 1

I agree with Jesse, You considered my posts hostile, heck you even accused me of "stalking you", i replied to four (now five threads). You seem to come with a chip on your shoulder, i have some salsa for it.

Of course you do, anyways, as far as I'm concerned, it's done. I'll take his advice into consideration and apply it when making future topics.

Last post I'll make in regards to this.