Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Threat of Israel's WMD Arsenals

Yamato

"The Evil in Tehran". But we are not at all being apocalyptic and dramatic, no. How many "Evils" have the Forces of Righteousness told their public that it is imperative to destroy before they can destroy us? There's at least one every two years.

• Like 3

A put down like that when you have no good answer is also what we can expect from you.

I think Yamato's response was perfectly valid. Its about your bias and double standards concerning Israel WMD vs Iran WMD issue. Do you have anything logical to say about that rather than these classic strawmen?

I'm not particularly pro-Israel, but I do understand Islam and don't trust it, so I tend to fall on the other side whenever Muslims are involved; I know how they are and the arrogance built into their thinking.

Do you mind if other posters here that do not share your prejudice would rather want to look at the issue of Israels WMD on a more pragmatic level, rather than choosing sides only based on that one side has people that belong to a religion that you dislike? Such narrow-minded bigotry is not helpful when it comes to real world problems. I hope you do understand that.

Edited by XingWi
  • Like 3

"The Evil in Tehran". But we are not at all being apocalyptic and dramatic, no. How many "Evils" have the Forces of Righteousness told their public that it is imperative to destroy before they can destroy us? There's at least one every two years.

How would you describe what's going on their Col? Iran isn't going to destroy anyone - never said they would -hyperbole is boring after awhile :) What Iran WILL be able to do is dictate their brand of religion and politics on that region and cause a constant headache for people just need a little petrol for their mopeds. It adds up. But by all means lets ignore everything to continue a meme :whistle:

A put down like that when you have no good answer is also what we can expect from you.

You're looking at it solely from Israel's perspective. It's not a put down, it's a fact.

• Like 1

The Zionists believe the "goyim" exist only to serve them, the extreme Islamists believe everyone in the West shouldn't exist at all.

What's a Western boy to do? :whistle:

• Like 1

Push for foreign policy changes out of Canada and lead by example? ;)

You, sir, are a wise man.

• Like 1

How would you describe what's going on their Col? Iran isn't going to destroy anyone - never said they would -hyperbole is boring after awhile :)What Iran WILL be able to do is dictate their brand of religion and politics on that region and cause a constant headache for people just need a little petrol for their mopeds. It adds up. But by all means lets ignore everything to continue a meme :whistle:

Israel isn't going to destroy anyone. What Israel IS able to do is dictate their brand of religion and politics on that region and cause a constant headache for people just need a little petrol for their mopeds. And you say, so what.

• Like 1

Israel isn't going to destroy anyone. What Israel IS able to do is dictate their brand of religion and politics on that region and cause a constant headache for people just need a little petrol for their mopeds. And you say, so what.

You better stop holding the same standard to Iran and Israel, because Muslims.

That's at least how I've seen this thread unfold.

• Like 2

How have they dictated Judaism on anyone? And democracy? That a bad thing too? And Israel may very well destroy someone someday. But if they do it will be because they have sustained an attack too large to overlook from people who are unwilling to ever allow them to even TRY to live in peace - and of course because of people the world over who support those haters. :gun: :tu:

How have they dictated Judaism on anyone?

Sabotaging the Jewish identity by stamping it in front of the word "State" and then resorting to the policies it has since 1948.

• Like 1

I deny that; you are anti-Israeli to the point of nausea. I am just a semi-retired Vietnamese paper-pusher who has no particular ax to grind and who if anything would be on the other side from an ideological perspective, except I'm not ideological. Therefore I think I see actual events more clearly and don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

How have they dictated Judaism on anyone? And democracy? That a bad thing too? And Israel may very well destroy someone someday. But if they do it will be because they have sustained an attack too large to overlook from people who are unwilling to ever allow them to even TRY to live in peace - and of course because of people the world over who support those haters. :gun::tu:

The Canaanites want a word :P

• Like 1

The Jews and the Palestinians in Israel for the most part get along fine as far as I could tell. I think there are minorities on both sides that cause trouble, but the main problems come from the Palestinian territories, Gaza, and Lebanon. That is all matters the Israeli authorities have to deal with, as would any government.

I can't envision an overall settlement where Israel does not give up Jerusalem city, but it can't be handed back to the Palestinians either, so some sort of internationalization is needed. Other than that the existing borders would work fine.

I deny that; you are anti-Israeli to the point of nausea. I am just a semi-retired Vietnamese paper-pusher who has no particular ax to grind and who if anything would be on the other side from an ideological perspective, except I'm not ideological. Therefore I think I see actual events more clearly and don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

I'm anti-Israeli policy, yes. Aren't you?

Could Israeli nukes pose a threat to more than just Iran?

Unless attacked in a serious way, NO.

You better stop holding the same standard to Iran and Israel, because Muslims.

That's at least how I've seen this thread unfold.

Because Muslims, yes. You said it better than I ever could.

• Like 2

Why not?

Yam can you explain exactly who Israel might "threaten" with nukes they have already possessed for nearly 5 decades? Technical capability has them able to drop a megaton sized device on cities in Iran, Europe or Africa. By contrast the US and Russia can drop a multi megaton device on any point on earth. They aren't a threat because they know what waits if they decide to use their weapons. Israel has already proven that it is no threat to any other country with it's nukes UNLESS that country is trying to destroy them. Most people can understand such logic. Iranian leaders have beaten a drum against Israel for decades. The accounts of press quoting leaders of this nation calling for the destruction of the Jews is undeniable and numerous. And no, I won't spend my time looking for weather reports to tell me the sun will rise. Some things are simply KNOWN due to their common repetition. The point being that while Israel has threatened not a soul with an existing arsenal of these weapons, Iran has promised destruction to Israel as soon as they have ONE. If they are bluffing then I'd say their stupidity alone makes them a poor candidate to join the nuclear club.

Israel is no threat to the world because they are above ALL...rational.

Yam can you explain exactly who Israel might "threaten" with nukes they have already possessed for nearly 5 decades? Technical capability has them able to drop a megaton sized device on cities in Iran, Europe or Africa. By contrast the US and Russia can drop a multi megaton device on any point on earth. They aren't a threat because they know what waits if they decide to use their weapons. Israel has already proven that it is no threat to any other country with it's nukes UNLESS that country is trying to destroy them. Most people can understand such logic. Iranian leaders have beaten a drum against Israel for decades. The accounts of press quoting leaders of this nation calling for the destruction of the Jews is undeniable and numerous. And no, I won't spend my time looking for weather reports to tell me the sun will rise. Some things are simply KNOWN due to their common repetition. The point being that while Israel has threatened not a soul with an existing arsenal of these weapons, Iran has promised destruction to Israel as soon as they have ONE. If they are bluffing then I'd say their stupidity alone makes them a poor candidate to join the nuclear club.

Israel is no threat to the world because they are above ALL...rational.

Sorry I wasn't asking you. I was already well aware of your opinion but thanks.

"This nation", BS. You are way short on facts, truth and reality as always. There are more Jews in Iran than any other country in the Middle East sans Israel. You just spew Zionist propaganda lies unabated unfettered, never acknowledging facts. Jews are not hated, reviled, corralled into a corner and fed unequal rights in Iran. They're happy and they don't have any desire to leave Iran and move to that terrorist state Israel just to keep their Jewish identity intact. Jews were around for thousands of years before Israel and they'll be around for thousands of years after if your silly little furnace prophecies come true.

• Like 1

Israel has been threatening Iran with military attack for years now. Zionists like their mirror images the neocons cannot understand the difference between offense and defense. Ravenhawk, Zaphod, and then, and then's identical twin Frank Merton, that cranky Zionist ban-wagon michaelw, et al are not capable of deciphering the differences in definitions of words in the dictionary.

The baseless denials feigning there's no evidence to think Israel is a threat are absurd. Based on Israel's consummated record of criminal behavior in the world that I summarized in the OP, Israel is most definitely a threat to Iran, to Europe, and everyone else in the range of its rogue ballistic missiles. Israel's nuke program should be shut down immediately before Israel can threaten the world with its 1 MT warheads.

• Like 1

Israel's nuke program should be shut down immediately before Israel can threaten the world with its 1 MT warheads.

Or else, what is the future of the threat of Israel's rogue nukes? The Jericho VI that will be able to reach Los Angeles with 16 1-MT warheads that will break into an umbrella and rain down on even the largest cities with total destruction? Does that threaten anyone?

Why is n the limit whenever we talk about Israel's WMDs?

AT; You take a huge risk by failing to empathise with your enemy. The rhetoric about wiping Israel off the map came from Iranian politicians. Is there some element I'm missing that means Iranian politicians are not liars like they are in every other country? Now, I am troubled by the fact that Ahmedinejad could find an audience to make those remarks to, but it doesn't mean he ever had any intention to follow through on them. I think the leadership of Iran, like the majority of countries, is driven by pragmatism. Nations guided by irrationality typically collapse quite quickly. I think they know any nuclear attack that they unleashed upon Israel would result in the complete annihilation of Iran. The Iranian people don't want that, they want to live their lives like all people do. And the Iranian leadership doesn't want that either, because they won't have a country to reign over. I'm worried about the potentially tremendous loss of life that could occur to innocent Middle Easterners, not only due to a potential Iranian nuclear strike, but also due to the Israeli retaliation that would soon follow. And it'd all be over the death fantasies of a bunch of religious fanatics.

I don't see Israel ever launching the first strike. After all, why would they need to when they have the IDF - arguably one of the best military forces on the planet?

AT; You take a huge risk by failing to empathise with your enemy. The rhetoric about wiping Israel off the map came from Iranian politicians. Is there some element I'm missing that means Iranian politicians are not liars like they are in every other country? Now, I am troubled by the fact that Ahmedinejad could find an audience to make those remarks to, but it doesn't mean he ever had any intention to follow through on them. I think the leadership of Iran, like the majority of countries, is driven by pragmatism. Nations guided by irrationality typically collapse quite quickly. I think they know any nuclear attack that they unleashed upon Israel would result in the complete annihilation of Iran. The Iranian people don't want that, they want to live their lives like all people do. And the Iranian leadership doesn't want that either, because they won't have a country to reign over. I'm worried about the potentially tremendous loss of life that could occur to innocent Middle Easterners, not only due to a potential Iranian nuclear strike, but also due to the Israeli retaliation that would soon follow. And it'd all be over the death fantasies of a bunch of religious fanatics.

I don't see Israel ever launching the first strike. After all, why would they need to when they have the IDF - arguably one of the best military forces on the planet?

I never said I thought they would ever launch a first strike - exactly the contrary in fact. As to the rationality of Iran's leaders... maybe.. maybe not and if not then that is one hell of a risk to assume when a single weapon could end your country. Sure, they have sub launched nukes but killing a few million innocents won't bring back the nation will it? And the assumption seems to always be a nuclear exchange. What if Iran starts using Hizbollah to strike targets inside Israel on a mass scale then threatens annihilation with their (by that time) multiple nuclear warheads if Israel strikes back? What about the tensions being so high that a mistake is made and the area becomes a very quiet neighborhood for a few thousand years? These are ALL possibilities that are removed essentially by stopping an Iranian nuke before it is built. But as I have said repeatedly, I believe they WILL get their nuke. No one except Israel will stand in their way and apparently Israel's leadership doesn't have the nerve either. I fully believe that all will eventually work out for the best but it could be a REALLY painful and uneccessary process for everyone...time will tell.