Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy Scouts Face Charges

Leonardo

The Outdoor Code of the Boy Scouts of America

"As an American, I will do my best to -

Be clean in my outdoor manners.

Be careful with fire.

Be considerate in the outdoors.

Be conservation minded."

Criminal charges are being considered against a US scout leader who toppled an ancient rock formation in Utah, sparking an international outcry.

Glenn Taylor was filmed by a colleague pushing the 170 million-year-old red rock in Goblin Valley State Park and celebrating afterwards.

The two scouts say they have received death threats after the video was posted online.

The two men argue the rock was loose and could have fallen on a passer-by.

source

• Like 1

Well thats what you get for not following the laws. Have no sympthy for these fools for trashing our nations mommuments or our parks.

• Like 1

Well thats what you get for not following the laws. Have no sympthy for these fools for trashing our nations mommuments or our parks.

I loved their argument "it was for safety reasons". Watching the video it appears it was for their own gratification and nothing to do with 'safety'.

Vandals.

• Like 5

Morons.. :yes:

I do not think the article mentioned his religion.

Sorry my mistake, read it wrong. :cry:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

I do not think the article mentioned his religion.

Sorry my mistake, read it wrong. :cry:

I laughed so hard it brought a tear to my eye! :w00t:

• Like 3

Criminal charges are stupid IMHO. Give them something like 1000 hours of community service for the next X amount of years. Much better punishment IMHO.

• Like 1

It would seem to me that the public outcry is punishment enough. I'm sure they're embarrassed for Life.

There's 10 jillion of those rock formations out there.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I'm all for conserving nature, but this was a rock. Like Raptor said above me, there are many more where that came from. I even see some in the background.

Individuals like this are too stupid to be embarrassed for Life. They are probably more impressed with the 2 million hits their YouTube clip has had so far. And these clowns are trusted to educate children.

• Like 4

When I was a Boys' Brigade leader, stupidity of this level would get you drummed out of the organisation quick-smart.

• Like 1

I'm all for conserving nature, but this was a rock. Like Raptor said above me, there are many more where that came from. I even see some in the background.

That's exactly what they said about trees in the rain forest, now look where we're at.

• Like 3

I wonder though. If a passer by came along and that rock fell on someone and crushed them to death.

You think the Park would have been sued by the family members? Just a thought.

I wonder though. If a passer by came along and that rock fell on someone and crushed them to death.

You think the Park would have been sued by the family members? Just a thought.

They'd probably try, but its hardly withen the bounds of a nature reserves responsibilities. More likely it would just be labeled an "Act of God" and forgotten.

• Like 1

I loved their argument "it was for safety reasons". Watching the video it appears it was for their own gratification and nothing to do with 'safety'.

Vandals.

Totally agree. Watching the video the other day, it seemed like the guy had to put his back into it for it to fall. Maybe he should try knocking down mailboxes with a bat? After all they are only being held up by a small post...

And... Boy Scout leaders too?

• Like 1

One good thing comes out of this though. We are one step closer to answering the age old question ... " How stupid can you get? "