Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aeronautical Engineer in England snaps ufo

Spacenut56

http://www.openminds...n-england-1177/

Zoser, you may have seen this already, or heard of it.

Very good find SN. No I haven't heard of that case.

I'll see what happens when the image is enlarged.

My daughter took some images vaguely similar to these on holiday last year. Her shots were not quite as clear as these though.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Yup. Pretty good UFO pics there. Not birds, Chinese Lantern, Frisbee's, toy drones.

Flying pretty quick too by the look of it. He never saw the images either.

And before anyone says it; definitely not mosquito's.

19-10-201319-31-23_zps05fb6855.png

19-10-201319-30-18_zpsc9229817.png

• Like 1

Holy... Here we go again...

How about that "saucer shaped" whatever

IMGP0492_bastardized_zps2b85b6ab.jpg

(background image is downscaled by 10; inset is of original resolution)

I can put (on RS, or on other freebies) original raw image for you to "analyze", if you want to.

Seriously, zoser, take your camera and go outside in the evening.

• Like 1

I can put (on RS, or on other freebies) original raw image for you to "analyze", if you want to.

Yet again not convincing BK.

The engineer took two in the same frame, and moving. Good images resembling nothing known.

Yours is opaque and probably a reflection.

You'll have to much better than that.

:no:

Edited by zoser

[...]

Yours is opaque and probably a reflection.

You'll have to much better than that.

:no:

Wait... Whattt!? Opaqueness is due to EM fields exerted by UFO... Its obvious.

Seriously, look over your claims in the past.

BTW, can't get that crap from OP's link...

• Like 1

Wait... Whattt!? Opaqueness is due to EM fields exerted by UFO... Its obvious.

Seriously, look over your claims in the past.

BTW, can't get that crap from OP's link...

You sure? Looks a bit blurry to me. Classic UFO I reckon.

• Like 1

In case anyone was thinking of a photoshop hoax, I point out that the clearer image shows chromatic aberration. There is a purple fringe on left edge of object, and a green one on the right. This is caused by the imperfect lens of a camera not sending all the color information to the correct part of the image. These two colors are known to end up at the edges of bright areas of an image. The bright, white cloudy backdrop surrounds the dark elliptical object. If the object was inserted by computer into a familiar scene, there should be no color fringes. The dark ellipse would have never passed through the camera lens, and caused the color distortions.

Edited by bison
  • Like 2

exif data??? Most likely bugs or birds.. as usual

You sure? Looks a bit blurry to me. Classic UFO I reckon.

How about a bit of "enhancing"

IMGP0492_over_bastardized_zps79fd94a7.jpg

Clearly, saucer!

Heh, words of Motorhead sparkled suddenly:

That was a bit OT.

On the serious note, zoser, try to disprove that was 3 mile long alien space ship. Will you try?

In case anyone was thinking of a photoshop hoax, I point out that the clearer image shows chromatic aberration. There is a purple fringe on left edge of object, and a green one on the right. This is caused by the imperfect lens of a camera not sending all the color information to the correct part of the image. These two colors are known to end up at the edges of bright areas of an image. The bright, white cloudy backdrop surrounds the dark elliptical object. If the object was inserted by computer into a familiar scene, there should be no color fringes. The dark ellipse would have never passed through the camera lens, and caused the color distortions.

You know you can add green and purple with Photoshop too right? Pretty substancial editing program ;)

Not evidence against photoshopping...

Yup. Pretty good UFO pics there. Not birds, Chinese Lantern, Frisbee's, toy drones.

Why not frisbee? Or hub cap? Or similar?

Edit: Replying to zoser also.

Edited by Timonthy

How about a bit of "enhancing"

Clearly, saucer!

Heh, words of Motorhead sparkled suddenly:

That was a bit OT.

On the serious note, zoser, try to disprove that was 3 mile long alien space ship. Will you try?

Nah. I'm happy with the UFO in the OP. Bison has nailed it I reckon. Anything's possible on Photoshop but if someone is going to that trouble why not put a lot more detail in? I agree Photoshop in this case isn't very convincing; the green and purple is visible in the enlargement.

Until he comes forward and shout's 'April fool' this is has to be the real deal.

These things have to be flying around in our atmosphere so fast that only a fast camera can capture them. The question now has to be who do they belong to and what is their purpose?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

exif data??? Most likely bugs or birds.. as usual

A frisbee shaped wingless bird with a concentric centre. Novel I suppose.

Edited by zoser

A frisbee shaped wingless bird with a concentric centre. Novel I suppose.

Careful Z, some of the more rabid cryptid hunters may latch on to that.

• Like 1

The simplest and least contrived explanation for the presence of purple and green color fringes in the photo is chromatic aberration. Otherwise we must assume that someone faked the image of the dark ellipse, knew about chromatic aberration, concluded its presence would significantly enhance the credibility of the image, and then faked this effect of a rather poor camera lens. I can't prove that this didn't happen; it is impossible to prove a negative. The simplest reasonable explanation in generally held to be the best one, though (Occam's razor).

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

Anything's possible on Photoshop but if someone is going to that trouble why not put a lot more detail in?

because then the people will shout "photoshop!!!" immediately.....do it nice and vague and blurry, and i guarantee it convinces much more folks out there...remember those "drone"-pictures?? they were way too detailed to be accepted as the real deal! faking UFO pics is kind of making a movie. you gotta play with your audiences' expectance.

EDIT: just to make sure what i was talking about:

0f7973cb8c48.jpg

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 1

Nah. I'm happy with the UFO in the OP. Bison has nailed it I reckon. Anything's possible on Photoshop but if someone is going to that trouble why not put a lot more detail in? I agree Photoshop in this case isn't very convincing; the green and purple is visible in the enlargement.

Until he comes forward and shout's 'April fool' this is has to be the real deal.

These things have to be fly/ing around in our atmosphere so fast that only a fast camera can capture them. The question now has to be who do they belong to and what is their purpose?

OK, forget PS/gimp, I gave you original "saucer".

Take it to any UFO buff to "analyze" it.

because then the people will shout "photoshop!!!" immediately.....do it nice and vague and blurry, and i guarantee it convinces much more folks out there...remember those "drone"-pictures?? they were way too detailed to be accepted as the real deal! faking UFO pics is kind of making a movie. you gotta play with your audiences' expectance.

EDIT: just to make sure what i was talking about:

Either that or the images are real. He's not the first to capture UFO images that were unnoticed when the picture was taken and he won't be the last.

Get used to it guys. These things are up there and it's been that way for a very long time.

The simplest reasonable explanation in generally held to be the best one, though (Occam's razor).

Unfortunately for this principle to be applied, one has to prove that photoshop trickery is the simplest hypothesis.

There is a strong case here for saying it is not.

These two objects are UFO's because Occam's Razor says so.

It states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

The application of the principle often shifts the burden of proof in a discussion.[a] The razor states that one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power. The simplest available theory need not be most accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The engineer snapped the image. That's it. That's the simplest hypothesis.

:tu:

[...]He's not the first to capture UFO images that were unnoticed when the picture was taken and he won't be the last.

Get used to it guys. These things are up there and it's been that way for a very long time.

Yeap, and it always be few pixels in size.

Why we can't see something like

9_dist.jpg

???

Where are those "stadium/aircraft carrier size"?

• Like 2

I saw exactly something similar but it was a cloud!

Edited by qxcontinuum

Yeap, and it always be few pixels in size.

Why we can't see something like

???

Where are those "stadium/aircraft carrier size"?

That was from a film ; District 9? That is not a real UFO. It's Hollywood.

Yep. Sometimes clouds can be mistaken for UFO's. Best to research the topic first.

Check out Lenticular Clouds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_cloud

As you become more experienced in the subject, it becomes easier to spot these misindentifications. You just need more practice.

But in my photo it was bug, cause "it" wasn't in later photos.

That was from a film ; District 9? That is not a real UFO. It's Hollywood.

District 9 was based on actual facts, with actual documentary footages...

:rolleyes: