Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man, 50, left without electricity or gas

Still Waters

I am the man in question and Eon still refuse to even talk about it

So........how do you power your computer? :huh:

How do we know you're him? :unsure:

• Like 1

So........how do you power your computer?

He is called electric chris... work it out?

hi folks you can see my photos on facebook if want to check it out (cguest4@hotmail.com) and also the landlord does not allow non domestic appliances in the property ie camper stove and I usually eat in restraunts and use the computer in the library or at my mates house I like my life I have a ball

He is called electric chris... work it out?

So........how do you power your computer? :huh:

How do we know you're him? :unsure:

why would any body want look a prat like I do now

I also got one of these initially for the shed

http://www.tesco.com/direct/solar-technology-solar-mate-secure-1-lighting-kit/284-2858.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=284-2858&kpid=284-2858&gclid=CLz6ycrew7oCFfMctAodrn0AGA

There are some great solar lights available if you look, and not just the security type either, you can have the small solar panel inside a window to charge the unit and just use the light as and when needed... no tech knowledge needed - and provides ample light. With enough of them, you could light an entire home.

Ive often toyed with the idea (since having a boat) to rig my home up with such FREE energy devices in case of power cuts, but the other half wont have it :lol: So instead we have the 8 hour candles for emergencies, though never been used so far.

People survived for thousands of years long before these gas and electric suppliers existed. Even in the Dark Ages, people managed to keep themselves warm and cooked food in winter.

• Like 2

hi folks you can see my photos on facebook if want to check it out (cguest4@hotmail.com) and also the landlord does not allow non domestic appliances in the property ie camper stove and I usually eat in restraunts and use the computer in the library or at my mates house I like my life I have a ball

Your landlord has got some front! Its a camper stove, not a barbecue.

• Like 3

Your landlord has got some front! Its a camper stove, not a barbecue.

Plus how would he know if he wasnt told??

• Like 4

it a housing association a registered charity

so is my flat, I see them only once a year for the annual gas safety check....they are not entitled just to drop in when they like...unless there are pressing issues/complaints to be sorted, and even then its usually by appt'. so you can easily have a small gas stove

so is my flat, I see them only once a year for the annual gas safety check....they are not entitled just to drop in when they like...unless there are pressing issues/complaints to be sorted, and even then its usually by appt'. so you can easily have a small gas stove

I think Id better sue them

I think Id better sue them

from the op:

"Mr Guest fell out with Eon over a bill in 2010. To resolve the problem, the firm entered his house while he was out and installed a prepayment meter using legal powers granted by the Warrant of Entry Act".

Right so are you still in debt or has some debt been put on the meter to be taken weekly? Even so thats not an issue really, ALL providers are RESPONSIBLE for their meters, unless the customer damages it, so, have YOU damaged your meter?

If not then there shouldn't be an issue unless you're holding something back? The C-A-B says:

"Remember, if your supplier doesn’t send an engineer to repair your prepayment meter within a set time period, you should be entitled to a compensation payment under the Guaranteed Standards Scheme"

and

If you report a problem with an electricity meter between 7am and 7pm on a working day, the supplier must send someone to repair or replace the meter within three hours of you reporting it.

At other times, the supplier must send someone within four hours.

If they don't and the meter turns out to be faulty, the supplier should pay you £22 compensation. This is called a guaranteed standard.

MORE

http://www.advicegui...r_is_faulty.htm

So go to the CAB or phone them, and start living normally again. Its a no brainer really..

Plus in all my life and at every place Ive lived you always get 3 meters, electric, gas and water. So if you have a prob with one meter, why arent you topping up the other meter? You cant really have 2 meters with same fault can you, and in light of the fact you MUST have individual meters.. why is the story only saying you have issues with one meter?

Lets say its the leccy meter, that STILL leaves you with a gas supply to heat and cook with doesn't it?

Edited by seeder