Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

reading water in glass wine drinking cup

Himawari69

What is that called exactly? I have heard of people seeing things while staring at a cup of water, kinda like reading tea leaves. I just wanted to know what that is all about. I had a rather strange and embarrassing experience with this. I say embarrassing because I cried, Im usually very serious and never get unusually emotional, I haven't cried in...well years, not counting the experience. Anyway my mother has this friend, who is some type of medium or something. I accompanied my mother to this womans house and said woman told me I was a cup. Not sure what that means but intrestingly enough I have been called a cup by other people, or that I had something from a dead relative. Anyway she had me sit in a chair and put a glass wine cup filled with water next to a candle and had me stare at it. I felt kind of dumb doing it but I did. After turning it a few times I saw nothing so, feeling ridiculous, I turn to her and say I didn't see anything. She had me try again and after a while I did catch a glimpse of a boomarang like picture. It was kind of curved and it reminded me of a scar so I said I saw a scar. The woman asked me what a scar meant to me and I said an injury that wont heal. This is where it gets embarrassing. Im feeling really hot and I suddenly feel sick. I had a horrible history of sexual abuse by a relative that I never really remember but im remembering it now. I got a bit confused and made the mistake of looking at the water again and see that there were sort of these icicle like drops forming in the middle and I burst out crying. It was sooo embarrassing. I was losing it. Thankfully my mother didn't pester me about it cos there's no way I would tell her why I got all emotional. After I calmed down she had me take a seat at the sofa to relax. She read my moms tarot and did mine afterward, which were amazingly accurate. Then we got up to leave, but not before she commented that I should be careful about reading a cup. So, I still have no idea what to make of that experience, it all happened so fast. Im pretty sure im not going to try that again, not only cos I will look like a complete idiot staring at a glass of water, but because I don't want to get like that again. Still, im curious, what does it mean if your a cup? And what is that called? I tried doing research but came up with nothing. Im even wondering if that lady is bsing me.

Hi,

The only thought that I had about that "cup" what the phrase that the "cup run over" which implies that you would have too much in the way of energy/emotions by reading your past like that.

The lady was not bsing you from what I could sense.

At some point you will want to clear these issues in your life. The goal for every human is to "be happy". This is the kind of thing which can hold you back from that.

John

• Like 1

It could be you have a knack for water scrying. Being a cup might mean you hold the power of water. Or that you are a welcome quenching in some way. In some tarot meanings, cups indicates emotions and relationships. In some lore, a cup is a symbol of unification, such as sharing a cup.

• Like 2

Hi,

The only thought that I had about that "cup" what the phrase that the "cup run over" which implies that you would have too much in the way of energy/emotions by reading your past like that.

The lady was not bsing you from what I could sense.

At some point you will want to clear these issues in your life. The goal for every human is to "be happy". This is the kind of thing which can hold you back from that.

John

I see...yeah I definitely felt too much emotion. It just happened out of no where without warning. I understand about that issue holding me back from being happy, its something to work towards, thanks for the advice :)

It could be you have a knack for water scrying. Being a cup might mean you hold the power of water. Or that you are a welcome quenching in some way. In some tarot meanings, cups indicates emotions and relationships. In some lore, a cup is a symbol of unification, such as sharing a cup.

ahh so that's what its called. Water scrying. Thanks a bunch! Now I can do proper research. Your references helped too thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am no psychologist but you mentioned someone abusing you as a child and I think you may be sufferring some psychological trauma from that event. You may even be feeling guilt about the abuse, which is quite common and also absolutely the wrong thing to be doing as you are not, in any way, guilty for what some reprobate did to you as a child. You did nothing wrong but you were harmed and are now suffering which makes the crime perpetrated against you as a child even worse in my book.

The cup was merely a way for you to focus and when you did, in those special circumstances, the buried emotions blasted to the surface. There are abuse hotlines you can call anonmymously, with trained counselors that can help you deal with the emotional stress that some b****** put in your life, I suggest you call one and get some relief as you deserve a break.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I am no psychologist but you mentioned someone abusing you as a child and I think you may be sufferring some psychological trauma from that event. You may even be feeling guilt about the abuse, which is quite common and also absolutely the wrong thing to be doing as you are not, in any way, guilty for what some reprobate did to you as a child. You did nothing wrong but you were harmed and are now suffering which makes the crime perpetrated against you as a child even worse in my book.

The cup was merely a way for you to focus and when you did, in those special circumstances, the buried emotions blasted to the surface. There are abuse hotlines you can call anonmymously, with trained counselors that can help you deal with the emotional stress that some b****** put in your life, I suggest you call one and get some relief as you deserve a break.

thank you for the advice. but i have come to terms with it and i accept that it happened. for now i think its best i forget about it. I dont really think about it much, actually i havent thought about it until that day. the memories just came up. I do feel a bubble of hate in my throat when i see him so i avoid family visits altogether. telling someone now would be kind of pointless since i was about 9 years old when the molesting happened, didnt even know what was going on until i eventually was old enough to understand the meaning of sex.so for now i will relish the fact that his marraige is breaking down. He deserves all the karma in the world. i have been talking about it to a very close friend so i feel better, letting it out.

thank you for the advice. but i have come to terms with it and i accept that it happened. for now i think its best i forget about it. I dont really think about it much, actually i havent thought about it until that day. the memories just came up. I do feel a bubble of hate in my throat when i see him so i avoid family visits altogether. telling someone now would be kind of pointless since i was about 9 years old when the molesting happened, didnt even know what was going on until i eventually was old enough to understand the meaning of sex.so for now i will relish the fact that his marraige is breaking down. He deserves all the karma in the world. i have been talking about it to a very close friend so i feel better, letting it out.

:(

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but I can tell you, and I think you know this is not something to forget about. It resurfaces for a reason and its not just about you. It this person is allowed to get away with this without people around him knowing about it, he will continue to harm other children.

Himawari... He may be hurting Somone now.... A child. As hard as it is to face, you have a duty to yourself and the other children in this persons life. Please please please tell Somone imeadiatly. I'm begging you on their behalf.

:(

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but I can tell you, and I think you know this is not something to forget about. It resurfaces for a reason and its not just about you. It this person is allowed to get away with this without people around him knowing about it, he will continue to harm other children.

Himawari... He may be hurting Somone now.... A child. As hard as it is to face, you have a duty to yourself and the other children in this persons life. Please please please tell Somone imeadiatly. I'm begging you on their behalf.

I have thought about it very hard. The outcome of telling someone. My biggest fear is my family breaking apart, and I know some may refuse to believe me, im not expecting it all to work in my favor. He has children, and I used to wonder if he ever approached his daughter in that way, but from what I can observe, I am very rude and hateful to him, even going as far as to dig my nails into his hand to yank it away when he tried to put a brooch on my hair. He gets this shocked and sad expression. I know he knows I treat him this way because of what he did and he looks like hes depressed about it. Even came to me once really drunk, telling me he was sorry. If he has a guilty conscious then im sure he wont hurt other children. I am planning on letting my mother know. Its hard and embarrassing, but I will do it.

try it again! don't be scared. sounds like you have a gift. A cup in tarot is emotion. maybe you pick up on emotions. emotions of your past might bother you but maybe you can eventually get passed and get better at your gift and eventual help others.

• Like 1

try it again! don't be scared. sounds like you have a gift. A cup in tarot is emotion. maybe you pick up on emotions. emotions of your past might bother you but maybe you can eventually get passed and get better at your gift and eventual help others.

thank you! ^_^ from what I have researched, there are many different meanings for this but it seems it mainly has to do with having sensitivity to emotions, mainly confusion, love, anger...which are pretty strong emotions. Would make sense, im usually very calm and reserved, but when I feel, I feel so strongly its intense. Perhaps I will try it, maybe practicing will help me understand it. Cant help but feel a little silly about it tho
  • Like 1