Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth-the fully equipped spaceship

rapture

Could sound at a certain vibration and frequency that is purposely projected at the core of the planet speed or slow the Orbit as desired ? And perhaps if we are lucky boost human intelligence as a bonus; seriously, Earth Is the Spaceship; no point in building a spaceship. We are already in space; nevertheless, do u think this method could be used to move the planet( and keep the oceans calm),say, in the event of the the path of a comet...and one with big blazing metorites that blow humans into little crispy pieces

Edited by rapture

How do you suggest we get past the Mars/Jupiter asteroid belt or the Oort cloud or the fact we'd freeze to death if we got past Jupiter?

• Like 1

How do you suggest we get past the Mars/Jupiter asteroid belt or the Oort cloud or the fact we'd freeze to death if we got past Jupiter?

Seems they always forget the basics.

• Like 4

Could sound at a certain vibration and frequency that is purposely projected at the core of the planet speed or slow the Orbit as desired ? And perhaps if we are lucky boost human intelligence as a bonus; seriously, Earth Is the Spaceship; no point in building a spaceship. We are already in space; nevertheless, do u think this method could be used to move the planet( and keep the oceans calm),say, in the event of the the path of a comet...and one with big blazing metorites that blow humans into little crispy pieces

I think it might be easier to change the path of a comet or asteroid than move the planet out of the way
  • Like 1

I think it might be easier to change the path of a comet or asteroid than move the planet out of the way

Sound at a high frequency projected at asteroids pushing them out before they gain power/entrance; sounds better than trying to blast them; still yet, planets are designed to travel, I don't suppose EARTH has never been anyplace beyond the milkyway

Planets move that just what they do, its just who does the moving; The sun is designed to move too- a fast and furious fireball

Sound at a high frequency projected at asteroids pushing them out before they gain power/entrance; sounds better than trying to blast them; still yet, planets are designed to travel, I don't suppose EARTH has never been anyplace beyond the milkyway

Sound only travels through something. Most commonly experienced by humans through air. In space there is a void and as far as I understand there is no sound. Its is silent in the void.

Also what someone else said, even if we could move the Earth like a spaceship then we would also need to bring the Sun with us or we would freeze and food would stop growing.

• Like 1

What mechanism will you be utilising for the transmission of sound into the near perfect vacuum that lies between Earth and these asteroids?

Sound doesn't travel in space.

We couldn't move the earth.

And even if we did, life would freeze to death in a matter of weeks.

This idea should win some form of award.

Another problem: What do you think would happen if you were able to generate enough acoustic power to somehow move the planet?

You would probably set off volcanoes all over the place and tear the planet apart, that's okay because all our heads would have exploded before hand. I hope you have some good ear plugs.

And I hope you're not thinking of using a brown note frequency... :passifier:

Edit: I think this thread is going to turn into a list of things wrong with OP.

1. Freeze to death.

2. Sound doesn't travel in space.

3. Tear earth apart.

4. Explode all our heads.

5. Toilet paper shortage when you use brown note frequency and ~7.1 billion people crap themselves simultaneously.

Who's got #6?

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 2

One day in the distant past I read an SF novel that I now pretty much forget that included a race of beings who had decided for reasons I don't remember to move their entire solar system (it would be necessary to also move the sun if one wants to stay warm) out to one of the Magellanic Clouds (I forget which). I don't think the novel dealt much with how this was accomplished.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the move had nothing to do with comets or asteroids.

I don't know what planet you're from but earth orbits the sun.

there are enough people moaning about the change in weather conditions already, a couple more inches to the left or right and this number will go up drastically.

Our agriculture will also struggle with the changes of climate if it gets colder, and if it gets hotter, well we all know what deserts look like.

People would be killing each other to get food and keep themselves sheltered from the elements.

Although we think we are technically advanced, that will all change if we have a global power failure due to the abnormal activities which would occur around the world.

We see news about devastations around the world and how they have lost power, have been flooded and how many people are left homeless, can you imaging what would happen if that suddenly increased 100 fold because someone came up with a plan to nudge the Earth a few feet?

can you imaging what would happen if that suddenly increased 100 fold because someone came up with a plan to nudge the Earth a few feet?

Just an FYI - the distance between the earth and the sun changes by about 5,000,000 km every year (known as perihelion and aphelion). A few feet won't make any difference.

• Like 1

Just an FYI - the distance between the earth and the sun changes by about 5,000,000 km every year (known as perihelion and aphelion). A few feet won't make any difference.

A few natural feet, but it will do if its not suppose to happen. Have you heard of the Axial tilt?

Over the course of an orbit, the angle of the axial tilt does not change, and the orientation of the axis remains the same relative to the background stars. This causes one pole to be directed toward the Sun on one side of the orbit, and the other pole on the other side, the cause of the seasons on the Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt

A few natural feet, but it will do if its not suppose to happen.

Natural feet, un-natural feet? You are talking absolute nonsense. The effect is the same.

Have you heard of the inverse square law?

Have you heard of the Axial tilt?

I am absolutely certain that Emma has, she shows a VERY good understanding of science and posts from a position of knowledge not ignorance. However axial tilt was NOT what was being discussed.

Have you heard of the concept of a Straw man (or Aunt Sally) argument?

Natural feet, un-natural feet? You are talking absolute nonsense. The effect is the same.

Have you heard of the inverse square law?

I am absolutely certain that Emma has, she shows a VERY good understanding of science and posts from a position of knowledge not ignorance. However axial tilt was NOT what was being discussed.

Have you heard of the concept of a Straw man (or Aunt Sally) argument?

Jeeze Waspie, if the Earth was moved in accordance to what the OP is saying, the axial tilt WILL change and that will cause drastic changes on Earth to our climatic conditions...or are you saying it will not?

There is no way man could survive if Earth is moved to another part of the solar system, the journey will kill us all and change the surface of the Earth completely.

Jeeze Waspie, if the Earth was moved in accordance to what the OP is saying, the axial tilt WILL change and that will cause drastic changes on Earth to our climatic conditions...or are you saying it will not?

There is no way man could survive if Earth is moved to another part of the solar system, the journey will kill us all and change the surface of the Earth completely.

If the earth was shifted to the other side of the solar system, tilt or no tilt, of course it will have a devastating effect on life - as I acknowledged in my earlier post. But it isn't correct that a couple of feet here or there will make a difference, as the earth naturally moves 5 million km closer and then further away from the sun throughout the year.

Jeeze Waspie, if the Earth was moved in accordance to what the OP is saying,

As the Earth CAN'T be moved in accordance with what the OP was saying that argument holds no water.

The OP's original argument is not valid, as has been shown by others. Since it is not valid it can not be used to deduce any consequences arising from it.

Your argument is now following the line, "if a totally impossible thing happened, this other totally impossible thing would also have to happen." Surely you can see how illogical this argument is.

The fact is, as Emma has pointed out, you were wrong in your statement a few feet make no difference. After launching a straw man argument against Emma, you remained wrong.

Now, despite now launching a defence devoid of all logic you continue to remain wrong.

Do you see the pattern here?

How about building a stellar engine to move the sun and its orbiting planets:

Stellar engines are a class of hypothetical megastructures which use a star's radiation to create usable energy. Some variants use this energy to produce thrust, and thus accelerate a star, and anything orbiting it, in a given direction. The creation of such a system would make its builders a Type-II civilization on the Kardashev scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_engine

• 2 weeks later...

Sound only travels through something. Most commonly experienced by humans through air. In space there is a void and as far as I understand there is no sound. Its is silent in the void.

Also what someone else said, even if we could move the Earth like a spaceship then we would also need to bring the Sun with us or we would freeze and food would stop growing.

What STOPS u?

Edited by rapture

We get the milky way..... time to move ON; as far as frequency/ sound:experiment; sound at a frequency causes the planet to spin and/ or STRETCH /decreases the orbit at a desired positon? Planets move; Move the sun, move the moon, whatever....

P.S. I personally think humans have the best vibrations/sound; likewise the brain-computer

Edited by rapture

Water Spinning In Space; With or without the sun water does boil using vibration/frequency: Alternative Heat source

Edited by rapture

• 5 months later...

Natural food source for monsters, wars, genocides, diseases, ignorance- humans have always being consumed by the Milli-trilli-zilli(?)

Afraid to play with fire- sun; Earth is spinning water; water-heater in space; vibrations/frequency/spinning produce heat; beta-test

Edited by rapture

Suns litter the cosmos like dandruff; a resource for any monsters that want to drink it

Edited by rapture
  • Like 1