Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO video shot over Malaysia. Thoughts?

Junx221

Was passed this UFO sighting video because it's near my area. Guy who posted claims it is real. Would like the more experienced people here to give any thoughts. Don't 100% believe in UFOs/Aliens, so this is rather eerie to me, would like some info.

Opticle illusion.

At the start it looks exactly like the sun being hidden by a veil of cloud as it is over cast, add that to the image being taken behind glass in a moving car and that is exactly what you will get.

PS: there is nothing sinister about the footage and please tell me the driver was not the one who shot the video, cos it looks as if he could well be.....hense the irratic movements of the sun behind the clouds, behind glass.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

I must be missing something because all I can see is dark and light coloured cloud?! :hmm:

must be getting old sky :w00t:

hope you are well BTW mate.

Well now...why didn't the observer stop, get out and film properly, as most will do if they think they are seeing a ufo? But I do get suspicious when its a video from March allegedly, yet only recently uploaded to youtube with on screen requests to subscribe to the channel? Which only has the one video...so far?

About the ufo... could be anything from a reflection on the glass to aircraft lights, something mundane Id say..

• Like 3

must be getting old sky :w00t:

hope you are well BTW mate.

I am....very old... :P

Although it was a small laptop screen to blame for missing it rather then age mate ;) ...and now i've seen I can see what the fuss is about :)

I am....very old... :P

Although it was a small laptop screen to blame for missing it rather then age mate ;) ...and now i've seen I can see what the fuss is about :)

blaming the screen...that old chestnut :)

(can you point it out to me as I cant see it :P ) only kidding

by the way, did you mean to say 'cant see what the fuss is about rather than can'?

because to me it sure seems like the glass is turning two headlights into four.

• Like 1

It's not the sun, look at the direction of the shadows on the elevated highway's supports. But it does have a simple explanation, it's sunlight reflecting off a plane and hitting the clouds below. That's why the lights appear to reverses direction a couple of times due to hitting clouds of various heights as it travels.

It's not the sun, look at the direction of the shadows on the elevated highway's supports. But it does have a simple explanation, it's sunlight reflecting off a plane and hitting the clouds below. That's why the lights appear to reverses direction a couple of times due to hitting clouds of various heights as it travels.

Its difficult to judge shadow directions when the video is being taken from a moving vehicle.

blaming the screen...that old chestnut :)

(can you point it out to me as I cant see it :P ) only kidding

by the way, did you mean to say 'cant see what the fuss is about rather than can'?

because to me it sure seems like the glass is turning two headlights into four.

No I just mean that I could see why it was posted as a ufo clip now (rather then just a cloud clip which is all I could see before) :tu:

• Like 1

Its difficult to judge shadow directions when the video is being taken from a moving vehicle.

It's not hard at all. Look at the opening shot! If the light were coming from the object, the entire elevated highway and it's supports would be completely in shadow.

Edited by Kahn

Well now...why didn't the observer stop, get out and film properly, as most will do if they think they are seeing a ufo? But I do get suspicious when its a video from March allegedly, yet only recently uploaded to youtube with on screen requests to subscribe to the channel? Which only has the one video...so far?

In traffic?

Was passed this UFO sighting video because it's near my area. Guy who posted claims it is real. Would like the more experienced people here to give any thoughts. Don't 100% believe in UFOs/Aliens, so this is rather eerie to me, would like some info.

Could be a hoax; I would suggest analysing the shake on the camera to compare with the fuziness of the object and see if they coincide.

Edited by zoser

To tell the truth, I discount any UFO video with professional-quality titling automatically.

It's not hard at all. Look at the opening shot! If the light were coming from the object, the entire elevated highway and it's supports would be completely in shadow.

IF it were the Sun and its is clouded, there would be no shadow as you describe.

Edited by freetoroam

Dude, it's not rocket science. Engage your eyes and brain, before putting mouth in gear please.

ImpliedFacepalm.jpg

Edited by Kahn

Dude, it's not rocket science. Engage your eyes and brain, before putting mouth in gear please.

ImpliedFacepalm.jpg

It sure is not rocker science.

The light is NOT coming from the object at all...hence no shadows as what you describe.

The video is taken within a car, with glass windows and its moving, how can you determine anything from that?

• Like 1

Obviously this is not sinking in.

iamo.jpg

1. Red arrows, look at shadow and it's angle.
  2. Blue arrow, look at the lighting on the abutment.
  3. Green arrow, note multiple cloud layers.

Now, noting that 1 and 2 indicate the angle of the lighting, off to the left of the camera. It's even easier if you focus on these visual queues while the movie is going.

You seem to think that I'm stating the light is coming from the object. Please re-read what I wrote, the light is being reflected off a plane and hitting the cloud layers below. The shadows prove the sun is NOT the UFO.

Edited by Kahn

In your opinion.

You could be right it might not be the sun with a thin veil of clouds infront of it, but then again, it could be.

As I said, you are basing it on a video which has been filmed within a car, which has glass infront of it and it is moving and the sky is overcast.

At the end of the day, one thing is for certain, it is not something from another planet with aliens on it.