Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO falls from the sky over the town... News

seeder

So says the story...

UFO fall from the sky over the town

Bizarre footage of a UFO falling from the heavens has been posted on the internet. In a 43 second clip uploaded to YouTube, a strange fiery object can be seen slowly descending from the sky.

The unidentified mass, which looks like some sort of fireball, falls towards a settlement, identified as Akureyri in Iceland. As a handful of cars drive along the road in the foreground the object continues its inexorable descent. It ultimately disappears from view behind some houses, leaving the person behind the camera alone to ponder what they have just seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-ufo-fall-sky-over-2472543

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcbLC21CmE4

Now on another thread I made an animation....

post-135078-0-91113100-1382360460_thumb.

• Like 3

No explosion when it lands?

And how convenient that the camera was ready for it BEFORE it appears.

You can even see the squares around the "ball" due to the photoshop.

Seeder, your is better and much more colourful.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

No explosion when it lands?

And how convenient that the camera was ready for it BEFORE it appears.

You can even see the squares around the "ball" due to the photoshop.

Seeder, your is better and much more colourful.

Thanks, took me15 mins to animate and Im certainly not a graphics expert by a long chalk... It looks a little, by watching the cars, that its a time lapse cam, or low frames per second / whatever, (cars move jerky unless its my pc) - so I was expecting a story how it was caught on security cam etc etc... but there is no story other than it was filmed..

No doubt the members here who are good with images will put the story to bed.. or not :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks, took me15 mins to animate and Im certainly not a graphics expert by a long chalk... It looks a little, by watching the cars, that its a time lapse cam, or low frames per second / whatever, (cars move jerky unless its my pc) - so I was expecting a story how it was caught on security cam etc etc... but there is no story other than it was filmed..

No doubt the members here who are good with images will put the story to bed.. or not :lol:

I was a bit disappointed, I was waiting for the massive big explosion and the raring fires and the sound of shattering glass.sad-face.gif

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Yes it is from a time-lapse, here is the video with the slowed down footage beginning about 1:20.

http://youtu.be/AeSXLVeyCBA

When the thing first appears it isn't as bright then, it seems to catch the suns reflection until it is low enough (tree line/ buildings) and out of the sun.

Gotta agree with the consensus here, no explosion, and it sure as hell didn't come back up, as well as a lack of eyewitness reports, point to this being something rather unspectacular. Seriously, this thing is 30 ft above the ground at the end, and nobody noticed the glowing ball of death?

• Like 3

Its a light reflecting off the window the camera is looking out of.

Interesting, but inconclusive. If it were a genuine ufo that landed I would like to think there would have been something, some followup in the media somewhere. I don't think its a flare either.

Riveting stuff.

There's a reason this isn't plastered all over every news outlet.

because it is easily explained as a hoax or user error? or you refering the men in black and government scenario?

if not totally added to the image, and therefore faked... this looks a bit similar

Parachute rocket or flare

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

because it is easily explained as a hoax or user error? or you refering the men in black and government scenario?

It's simply nothing spectacular.

It's simply nothing spectacular.

Are they ever.....

• Like 1

it was a landing helicopter..

Seriously, this thing is 30 ft above the ground at the end, and nobody noticed reported the glowing ball of death?

All the locals have been assimilated. :D

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

All the locals have been assimilated. :D

Quick! Break out the Kurt Russell and the flaim throwers!

• Like 1

It is definitely jerky and not just your PC. The interesting thing is how slowly it moves on an angular trajectory. Almost like it is a tethered balloon being reeled in.

So says the story...

UFO fall from the sky over the town

HAHAHAHA!!! Pffft..... NEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!

i'm not going out there and light up a flare to prove this is rubbish! ;)

• Like 1

Aerial flares typically leave a plume of smoke and I don't see any although it is possible it was obscured due to distance. Interestingly the object appears to make contact within the city. So, might it be a helicopter with searchlight making a landing. The searchlight would be sufficiently intense to washout the navigation lights. Regardless, if this was an unusual occurrence, why are there no additional reports of the event?

How would a helicopter of any kind ever reach the speed this thing just did between the 3rd and the 4th second of the video? And how could it slow down so drastically in the following 1 second?

• Like 1

If you open up the video to full screen and double click play so it plays then pauses within a split second, and keep doing it for the first 1.5 seconds, you can clearly see where it starts from. That in itself proves it is not a flare. How can a chinese lantern start so fast from so high up, then suddenly slow down? Wind does not act in that way. How can a helicopter do this? And why is a helicopter landing in someone's yard and why is it so bright? I live near an aerospace full of planes and helicopters and i have never seen a helicopter be a ball of light. Those who say it's a flare, a helicopter or a chinese lantern are deluded. Watch the video again, then whilst on youtube, watch as many helicopter, flare and chinese lantern videos you can and none of the ones you see will resemble this object in any way. Now, i am not saying it's a spaceship or flying saucer. Why would a spaceship/flying saucer zoom fast out of the sky, slow down and land in a yard in a small Icelandic town? I do not know what it is, but it is NOT a flare, a helicopter or a chinese lantern. As it stands, it IS a UFO as nobody can identify it. Please look up what UFO means. It does not mean ALIENS it means Unidentified Flying Object. Great video though.

Edited by Lumpy-YNWA
  • Like 2

Please look up what UFO means. It does not mean ALIENS it means Unidentified Flying Object.

What? I don't get it.

• Like 1