Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sen. Ted Cruz Gets 8 Minute Standing Ovation!

CyberKen

Senator Ted Cruz arrived back in Texas and received a heros welcome! 8 Minute Standing Ovation !

Does anyone - still - think he made a mistake attacking ObamaCare ?

Not me !

The American people are looking for someone who will stand up to a very aggressive, disrespectful liberal opposition

that is standing out there with bare knuckles winding up at us every chance that they get.

Senator Ted Cruz has successfully taken the Tea Party Crown away from Marco Rubio! :tu:

More info below:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/senator-cruz-returns-texas-welcome-shutdown-battle-043355751.html

post-142056-0-38742400-1382380142_thumb.

I'm no hard-core follower of politics, but I think what Ted Cruz did was injurious to our country, and especially injurious to the Republican party.

• Like 1

I'm no hard-core follower of politics, but I think what Ted Cruz did was injurious to our country, and especially injurious to the Republican party.

Then why did Senator Ted Cruz receive an 8 Minute Standing Ovation ?

750 People were there. What's going on ?

Then why did Senator Ted Cruz receive an 8 Minute Standing Ovation ?

750 People were there. What's going on ?

He got a standing ovation in a ballroom, in his home state in which people's sole reason for being there was to see him. Even the Jacksonville Jaguars get cheered in their own stadium....definitely nothing to be proud of.

• Like 4

He got a standing ovation in a ballroom, in his home state in which people's sole reason for being there was to see him. Even the Jacksonville Jaguars get cheered in their own stadium....definitely nothing to be proud of.

If Senator Ted Cruz did something wrong, then they should have thrown tomatoes at him.

He got a hero's welcome! :tu:

Senator Ted Cruz said he didn't go to Washington to make 99 friends in the U.S. Senate. He went there to represent the people who sent him there.

Edited by CyberKen

Was it an invitation only reception?

• Like 4

If Senator Ted Cruz did something wrong, then they should have thrown tomatoes at him.

He got a hero's welcome! :tu:

Senator Ted Cruz said he didn't go to Washington to make 99 friends in the U.S. Senate. We went there to represent the people who sent him there.

All 750 who think he is still the "Hero", well 751 including you.

Was it an invitation only reception?

8 Minute Standing Ovation = Keep Doing What You Are Doing

Translation: January 2014 - Round 2 !

Went to the link , found the usual Reps supporting him whilst his actions led to this:

....but the percentage of Americans with an unfavorable view of him has jumped to 36 percent from 18 percent in June.

A big gob does not make a Politician of any standing.

• Like 1

Went to the link , found the usual Reps supporting him whilst his actions led to this:

A big gob does not make a Politician of any standing.

Politicians like Senator John McCain just didn't understand the strategy.

Jim DeMint explained it well.

Attack on ObamaCare - Demand a Full Defunding of ObamaCare - Talk About Just a 1 Year Delay of ObamaCare -

Accept the Income Verification - Protect the Tea Party Prize ( The Sequester - Law of the Land )

The dems want relief from the Sequester.

Better luck in January 2014.

Politicians like Senator John McCain just didn't understand the strategy.

Jim DeMint explained it well.

Attack on ObamaCare - Demand a Full Defunding of ObamaCare - Talk About Just a 1 Year Delay of ObamaCare -

Accept the Income Verification - Protect the Tea Party Prize ( The Sequester - Law of the Land )

The dems want relief from the Sequester.

Better luck in January 2014.

Sequester was already part of the Continuing Resolution that was passed in August and supposed to be enacted on October 1st. So HOW EXACTLY was it part of the strategy to shut down the government? Simple question Ken. How was sequestration part of the shutdown strategy? I feel the need to repeat myself because you have a very difficult time answering questions.

Sequester was already part of the Continuing Resolution that was passed in August and supposed to be enacted on October 1st. So HOW EXACTLY was it part of the strategy to shut down the government? Simple question Ken. How was sequestration part of the shutdown strategy? I feel the need to repeat myself because you have a very difficult time answering questions.

Pick up a phone and call a democrat in congress. No really. Go ahead!

The dems want relief from The Sequester.

Best Case Scenario for the liberals in Washington D.C. - Repeal The Sequester ! It's the Law of the Land !

GROW the size of the U.S. Government.

All 750 who think he is still the "Hero", well 751 including you.

Not quite:

Scenes from a broken Republican Party

How bad is it these days in the GOP?

Step away from Washington for a minute, and take a look at what’s going on right now in the Republican primary for Texas lieutenant governor, where the candidates are debating … hmmm … all those uninsured Texans? The massive drought? Jobs?

Nope.

Read more

Maybe we should ponder this suggestion by the LA Times... :innocent:

• Like 1

Pick up a phone and call a democrat in congress. No really. Go ahead!

The dems want relief from The Sequester.

Best Case Scenario for the liberals in Washington D.C. - Repeal The Sequester ! It's the Law of the Land !

GROW the size of the U.S. Government.

I did not say they didn't want relief from sequestration Ken. BUT...YOU DID say that it was part of the shutdown strategy. HOW WAS IT part of the shutdown strategy if it was already included in the continuing resolution that was to be enacted on 1 October?

I did not say they didn't want relief from sequestration Ken. BUT...YOU DID say that it was part of the shutdown strategy. HOW WAS IT part of the shutdown strategy if it was already included in the continuing resolution that was to be enacted on 1 October?

The shutdown was demanded by Harry Reid. They wanted to roll the dice and see if they could do some political damage to the GOP.

Result: GOP, Obama, Dems + everybody else was damaged by the shutdown. Obama Approval 37%

George Will Point of View: GOP Won !post-142056-0-81695300-1382384597_thumb.

The shutdown was demanded by Harry Reid. They wanted to roll the dice and see if they could do some political damage to the GOP.

Result: GOP, Obama, Dems + everybody else was damaged by the shutdown. Obama Approval 37%

George Will Point of View: GOP Won !post-142056-0-81695300-1382384597_thumb.

AHHAHAHHAHAA...You are officially off the deep end Ken. Not even you can believe the BS you are saying right now.

Edited by Agent0range

AHHAHAHHAHAA...You are officially off the deep end Ken. Not even you can believe the BS you are saying right now.

Yes he can!

Look at the actual polling data. No really. Go look.

Obama took a hit when the Sequester was signed into law.

Obama took - another - hit when he got punked by Putin over in Syria.

Obama took a 3rd hit over the shutdown. That's why Obama said "There are no winners."

- Knowledge is Power -

Another simple question for you Ken. I would like a one word answer...no more of your spam. Who took a bigger hit in the polling date? The GOP or Obama?

Another simple question for you Ken. I would like a one word answer...no more of your spam. Who took a bigger hit in the polling date? The GOP or Obama?

Answer: The MSM tried in vain to sell the American people on the idea that the GOP took a hit in the polling data. Others pointed

out the rest of the truth: Obama - ALSO - took a hit in the polling data. Obama Approval 37%.

The dems also took a hit. Really! They did! No kidding !!!

Seek The Truth.......always.

Answer: The MSM tried in vain to sell the American people on the idea that the GOP took a hit in the polling data. Others pointed

out the rest of the truth: Obama - ALSO - took a hit in the polling data. Obama Approval 37%.

The dems also took a hit. Really! They did! No kidding !!!

Seek The Truth.......always.

Obama is not up for reelection next year. So who cares!

• Like 2

Obama is not up for reelection next year. So who cares!

Oh, but - always seek the truth-.....the dems really are - vulnerable - in the U.S. Senate for the November 2014 Election.

Just ask Dem. Bob Beckel.

BTW, it's just going to get worse in 2014 for Obama and the democrats up for re-election.

We have something special planned for January 2014. - New Trump Card - :tu:

I saw this yesterday and meant to post it....

Drivers speeding down a busy highway about 70 miles outside Houston have been greeted with two blunt messages that Bruce Labay put up at his oil field services business. One declared that Mr. Labay was tired of softhearted Republicans, though he used a more colorful adjective. The other read, “We Need More Republicans Like Ted Cruz.”

Mr. Labay, 55, made his signs by sticking 1,200 plastic foam cups, one by one, into the loops of his chain-link fence, a 90-minute project that filled much of the fencing around BL Oilfield Services in the town of El Campo.

“I was proud of him,” Mr. Labay said of the state’s junior senator. “I was proud he was a Texan. I wish they would have held firm, and we’d still be shut down.”

Home states and districts are usually loyal to their senators and representatives in times of political crisis. But the continued support for Mr. Cruz among Texas Republicans illustrates something larger: the cultural and political divide that continues to widen between a red state that President Obama lost by nearly 16 points in the 2012 election and the blue or even purple parts of the country where Mr. Cruz’s tone and tactics have caused outrage and consternation.

“Texas is not America,” said Matt Mackowiak, a Republican political consultant in Austin and the former spokesman for Mr. Cruz’s Republican predecessor in the Senate, Kay Bailey Hutchison. “It’s in America, but it’s not America. National polls don’t mean anything. Democrats haven’t won a statewide office in Texas since 1994. There are no Peter Kings in Texas.”

In recent interviews here, Republican elected officials, voters and political strategists said the fact that Mr. Cruz and House Republicans lost their fight with the White House over Mr. Obama’s health care law was a side issue. What mattered, they said, was that Mr. Cruz, who had campaigned on shaking up the status quo in Washington, had fulfilled his promise. From local party leaders to county commissioners to Tea Party members, Mr. Cruz was praised for his courage.

“For a lot of us, this was refreshing,” said Mike Gibson, chairman of the Republican Party in Fort Bend County in suburban Houston. “We had a politician who said what he was going to do and then did it. Most Texas Republicans have been tired of our elected officials talking tough in Texas and then going to Washington and going along.”

Link: http://www.nytimes.c...eOpOvOe0 jMiOYg

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1