Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New methods could halt the dying process

UM-Bot

The exact point at which a person is dead and beyond resuscitation is becoming increasingly blurred.

As scientists learn more about the point at which the body dies, the less it seems we actually know about the process. Previously it had been accepted that irreversible brain damage can occur only a few minutes after someone's heart stops, but now it seems that it may be possible to revive someone even up to an hour after being declared clinically dead.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...e-dying-process

They may be able to temporarily stop the dying process, but until they can reverse the aging process, don't wake me, lol!

• Like 3

The use of hypothermia in cardiac incidents is integral to currently used resuscitation algorithms. The method does make a statistical difference in recovery. It will interesting to see results when this fully transfers to the field for widespread EMS application.

This is splendid!

very interesting, i watched an episode of wierd or what and a toddler wandered out side at night during a snow storm in only a diaper and was frozen solid with a core temp of 60 something and she revived no problem and was out there for hours "clinicly dead" the world facinates me sometimes p.s episode strucka cord cuz im a father and gave me the willies on what id feel if i found my kid frozen outside

• Like 1

An ice cream truck relabeled "Ambulance" :w00t:

• Like 1

An ice cream truck relabeled "Ambulance" :w00t:

epic, but seemingly acceptable

near death experience equiped with fudgecicles

Edited by kannin
  • Like 1

epic, but seemingly acceptable

near death experience equiped with fudgecicles

Yeah, and I'm not totally certain about this, but I heard that some NFL medic teams have special ice packs to put around a perceived severe neck injury for a similar purpose... slowing down the injury progression prior to getting in a hospital. Don't know if it's in widespread use.

Wow think thats a great feat for medical science. But can they cure the person from the disease that caused him/her to die?

Wow think thats a great feat for medical science. But can they cure the person from the disease that caused him/her to die?

i think this method most likely apllies to impact or coma based injuries id imagine